PDA

View Full Version : Restaurants with an arcade/gaming area inside

Lone Wolf Leonhart
05-07-2014, 09:26 PM
This is really common in pizza places.

Chuck E. Cheese's is a big one. It was so cool as a kid going in there for birthday parties. When you sat down at a table to eat you got to watch the creepy animatronic band play. Then when you were done, you got to climb in the ball pit, play in the arcade or climb through those colorful tubes.

I remember games like whack-a-mole where you slam a rubber mallet down on to the machine. Or a bowling game where this is a ball lodged into the machine and you just keep sliding your hand across the top of it to make it go.

When you were all done you could take your tickets up to the counter, but that was kind of a rip off. You'd spend the whole day there, rack up thousands of tickets and then you'd only be able to get something from the tootsie roll bin.

Where do you like going for gaming and food?

Ayen
05-07-2014, 10:00 PM
I used to have birthday parties at Pizza Hut. We'd pig out on pizza and then play on their arcade.

Shorty
05-07-2014, 10:14 PM
Dave and Buster's!

Dat Matt
05-07-2014, 10:28 PM
I don't tend to see this much in Scotland. There are only two places I know that are good for arcades. One of which is dedicated to games like bowling, lazerquest, bowling etc. The other one is an actual bowling alley that has arcade machines there. Not sure that they are still there, it's been too long.

noxious.sunshine
05-08-2014, 02:24 AM
Chuck E Cheese sucks now. There's no ball pit for the kids, and while it's cool that all games are only 1 token now, you also don't get nearly as many tickets. I got the high score at ski ball and it only gave me 20. It used to be like 50 or 60 or something.

lol I remember back when it was called ShowBiz hahaha

Dave & Buster's for sure, though. Games for the kids, drinks for the adults. Yeah buddy.

Pumpkin
05-08-2014, 02:31 AM
umm, Fudruckers? I haven't seen this much. I guess in movie theaters since they have restaurants and arcade machines. Do those count?

Lonely Paper Star
05-08-2014, 04:22 AM
Mr. Gatti's. The pizza there is gross, though... in my experience.

I don't go to Main Event to eat most of the time, but I do go there to play DDR and sometimes drink if there are others with me.

Do barcades count? I figure they would if they had food too, like some bars.