PDA

View Full Version : I COULD do it that way, but...

Pumpkin
05-07-2014, 09:43 PM
What are some problems you've had with surprisingly simple solutions that it took you forever to think of?

I came very close to burning myself with hot oil from a fryer once, and I've been scared of fryers ever since. So I have been making fries by standing back, throwing the fires in, and stepping back even further to avoid getting burnt by the oil that flies out when I throw the fries in.

Yesterday it occurred to me that I can lift the basket, or take it out, then put the fries in so I don't have to worry about hot oil splash :|

Shauna
05-07-2014, 09:47 PM
I don't remember what we were thinking, but we were trying to watch something through our TV via a laptop.

So, we had the video files on an Ext HD. We had that plugged into laptop 1. Also in laptop 1 was a USB stick. We were copying the files over onto the USB from the Ext HD so they could be put in laptop 2 which was connected to the TV.

It took about an hour for us to realise that it would be easier to uh, plug the Ext HD straight into laptop 2 and save ourselves a whole lot of bother.

Boy our faces were red.

Shorty
05-07-2014, 10:01 PM
You THROW fries into a pan with hot oil?

Pumpkin
05-07-2014, 10:07 PM
It's not like a throw like I'm throwing a ball. More like a drop from about 10cm above.

Shorty
05-07-2014, 10:17 PM
I see.

I'm sure I've encountered many of these experiences, but none of them are coming to mind right now!

Dat Matt
05-07-2014, 10:43 PM
At work, I use a big spreadsheet to keep track of goods returned to suppliers. I would go into details for the goods returned, then into the stock history for each item returned to see the history for the item at that branch. Using this information I would get the original invoice it was booked in under and use this reference to review the price of the goods that are being booked in so that I can compare the value of the goods we have been credited for. This process takes about 3-5 minutes a time.

It's only recently I remembered that i had IT add the original invoice number onto that first spreadsheet to stop me running around like a madman! I had a good chuckle to myself that day! Yes, accountants are dull people