PDA

View Full Version : Good Soundtrack, Bad Game

Forsaken Lover
05-08-2014, 12:46 AM
Apparently this is some people's view of Chrono Cross. I need to play that someday....

For my choice, it's Resident Evil Code Veronica. That game is entirely too long, too ugly and too stupid but it has some amazing, amazing music.
0fj_ZbZGtTY

Dat Matt
05-08-2014, 10:53 AM
People have a strong dislike for FFXIII, the soundtrack is superb.

Big D
05-08-2014, 11:14 AM
I tend to like a soundtrack more if I like the game that goes with it. Since the two are usually tied together, I can't really think of games where I loved the tunes but not the game.

Pike
05-08-2014, 06:25 PM
The Spyro reboot games have an A+ soundtrack

XkVlrrPaqa0

Fynn
05-08-2014, 06:29 PM
People have a strong dislike for FFXIII, the soundtrack is superb.

This. Never played the game, but the music is certainly marvelous.

Shauna
05-08-2014, 06:30 PM
The Spyro reboot games have an A+ soundtrack

XkVlrrPaqa0

I can't say I could hear the soundtrack of the Spyro reboot over the cries of my childhood being shredded whilst I was playing. :( But yes, that is quite nice. xD

Wolf Kanno
05-08-2014, 07:06 PM
I'm pretty much like Big D where the game and soundtrack have to be tied together for me to appreciate both. Chrono Cross has a great musical score, but I consider it a lousy soundtrack cause it only has a handful of tracks that I felt were strongly tied to the story.

It has taken me a awhile to think of one and then it finally struck me, Xenosaga Episode 2. It's a pretty subpar game but the music for the cutscenes done by Yuki Kaijura are superb.

Fynn
05-08-2014, 07:14 PM
I'm pretty much like Big D where the game and soundtrack have to be tied together for me to appreciate both. Chrono Cross has a great musical score, but I consider it a lousy soundtrack cause it only has a handful of tracks that I felt were strongly tied to the story.

It has taken me a awhile to think of one and then it finally struck me, Xenosaga Episode 2. It's a pretty subpar game but the music for the cutscenes done by Yuki Kaijura are superb.

Yes, but that is mitigated by the fact that the rest of the soundtrack done by that other guy is just impossible to listen to without acquiring a brain tumor.

Arc_Master_14
05-08-2014, 07:23 PM
Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts. Destroyed the key element of my childhood while teasing me with the epic musical style I came to love.

krissy
05-10-2014, 04:47 PM
lair

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yqem_h7yLXc

edit:

holy crap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh_etmt1MlY

ungh