PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to...

Wolf Kanno
05-08-2014, 04:31 AM
Any games you've been anticipating that seem to have just... you know disappeared off the face of the earth? I read an E3 Rumor that reminded me about The Last Guardian. It has been so long since we've seen or heard any thing good coming out of this game that I kind of lost most of my interest. Hopefully it may make a showing this E3 but I'm holding my breath. Any other games you heard about and just sort of went into gaming witness protection program?

blackmage_nuke
05-08-2014, 04:42 AM
The Last Guardian and the third game in the 999 series since they ended Virtues Last Reward on such a cliff hanger

Vyk
05-08-2014, 06:34 AM
Edge of Twilight. An open-world steampunk fantasy game announced last generation when there was barely anything steampunk available. Seemed really cool. And never came to fruition. But last time I checked they said it's still in the works. For like 8 years? Good for them if they got the funding for that long, but damn. The game is probably going to look so dated at this point if it gets released. Heck I think the entire lifespan of the Bioshock series came and went while this game was in development. Sheesh

Skyblade
05-08-2014, 08:00 AM
Professor Layton X Ace Attorney. They said they would translate it. Where is it?

Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem. Want now, please.

Dat Matt
05-08-2014, 08:09 AM
I don't understand the release schedule for Nintendo. Proffesser Layton vs ace attourney is already out in Europe. Should be too hard to change the localisation for america. Does it have an American release date?

Psychotic
05-08-2014, 08:12 AM
WHERE IS MY GOD DAMN BULLY 2

And Star Wars Battlefront 3. But at least that keeps getting random footage for it every now and then, in between occasional cancellations. Apparently going to be at E3. We'll bloody see...

Mercen-X
05-08-2014, 08:15 AM
predictability?
The milk man, the paper boy, evening T.V
You miss your old familar friends, but
waiting just around the bend.

Everywhere you look (*echo*)
There's a heart (*echo*)
A hand to hold on to.
Everywhere you look (*echo*)
There's a face of somebody who needs you.

When you're lost out there and you're all alone
A light is waiting to carry you home
Everywhere you look.

Ahhh Ahh Ahh Ahhh Ahhhhhahhhh

Jinx
05-08-2014, 08:32 AM
ffvxiii lol

Skyblade
05-08-2014, 01:23 PM
I don't understand the release schedule for Nintendo. Proffesser Layton vs ace attourney is already out in Europe. Should be too hard to change the localisation for america. Does it have an American release date?

Quarter 2, apparently. Though last I checked, my local retailer had no information on it. Preorders don't even seem to be available yet.

Stupid Capcom.

Bubba
05-08-2014, 01:48 PM
ffvxiii lol

Not sure what number that is.

Only The Last Guardian, for me. I still live in hope.

Ayen
05-08-2014, 03:05 PM
ffvxiii lol

Dammit! I was coming in here to say that.

Skyblade
05-08-2014, 05:12 PM
ffvxiii lol

Not sure what number that is.

Only The Last Guardian, for me. I still live in hope.

That's not actually proper usage of Roman numerals. XVIII would be 18. A smaller number before a larger one usually means subtracting it (as IX is X, or 10, minus the I, or 1, that comes before it, resulting in 9). So VXIII would be 10 minus 5 plus 3. Which should be displayed VIII.

Slothy
05-08-2014, 05:28 PM
She's talking about versus XIII. Which is actually XV.

But writing it that way was still confusing. Made it look like a terribly incorrect way to write 8 in roman numerals.

Jinx
05-08-2014, 08:50 PM
Thanks for clearing that up for people, Vivi.

I know how to use roman numerals. I would've figured given the 'lol' and the thread topic, it was pretty clear what it was. No need to try and school me, thanks.

Skyblade
05-08-2014, 08:58 PM
Thanks for clearing that up for people, Vivi.

I know how to use roman numerals. I would've figured given the 'lol' and the thread topic, it was pretty clear what it was. No need to try and school me, thanks.

I was actually trying to school Bubba, not you. I knew you were joking, but I figured you just tossed together a bunch of random numerals to symbolize some future game. I didn't get the Versus connection (I usually called it FFvsXIII myself). Sorry.

Mercen-X
05-08-2014, 09:29 PM
Being serious, Star Wars Battlefront 3. Though if Psych hadn't mentioned it, I wouldn't have thought of it. I'll also mention Type-0 because it hasn't seen American release yet and Before Crisis.

Also, StarCraft Ghost (may have been cancelled due to similarity to Halo), Beyond Good and Evil 2 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsfs4Kvsr-U), Final Fantasy XV, Pandora's Tower (released in Europe) I don't know if this is the one I'm thinking of: something to do with a small band of adventurers traveling from dungeon to dungeon without ever really leaving the dungeon environment... if this isn't it, then I want that other game too...

Vaporware:
Dead Rush (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAA1dtZuk8Y), Maverick Hunter (MEGA man) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtjaqzC2erM#t=350)...

Fynn
05-09-2014, 10:06 AM
Birth by Sleep vol. II. They teased it at the end of BBS final mix and nothing came out of it. I want my Aqua game :(

AssassinDX
05-09-2014, 03:01 PM
Not really relevant now, but we in Europe had to wait 14 years to play Chrono Cross (legally at least). It finally came out on Nintendo DS in 2009. In the SNES days that was quite common though, but man did it annoy me at the time.

Half Life 2: Episode 3 is an obvious one, and Doom 4 hasn't been mentioned for some time either.

Slothy
05-09-2014, 03:10 PM
and Doom 4 hasn't been mentioned for some time either.

Not strictly true. We haven't actually seen anything yet, but Bethesda did announce a couple of months ago that people who preorder the newest Wolfenstein will get beta access to it. Not much, but it does indicate things must be moving along decently.

Kalevala
05-11-2014, 11:43 AM
Half Life 2: Episode 3 is an obvious one

This x999999999999.