PDA

View Full Version : Mighty Morphin Power Rangers movie reboot

Pike
05-08-2014, 10:27 AM
IS OCCURING.

The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers are set for a live action return to the big screen (http://www.hitfix.com/news/the-mighty-morphin-power-rangers-are-set-for-a-live-action-return-to-the-big-screen)

This is awesome.

Let's talk about how awesome it is.

theundeadhero
05-08-2014, 12:24 PM
It'll be hard to beat the first one but I hope it does.

Ayen
05-08-2014, 01:08 PM
IF I SEE THE SMURFING DRAGON ZORD ON THE BIG SCREEN I WILL LOSE MY TROUT!

Pike
05-08-2014, 06:17 PM
guys I am so stoked for this

There is absolutely no way that this won't be amazing

Shiny
05-08-2014, 06:22 PM
I hope the original green ranger is in it. He still looks good for his age. Also it will be very easy to beat the first one with today's technology. This can only be amazing.

Ayen
05-08-2014, 06:30 PM
q0YkXmebAGM

Slothy
05-08-2014, 06:35 PM

Are you somehow unfamiliar with pretty much every Hollywood reboot of shows from our childhood?

I'll believe this is a good thing when it's out and actually turns out to be good.

Ayen
05-08-2014, 06:37 PM
Yeah, Pike. Don't jinx it. We have to be prepared to go to war.

My real name is Tommy and I have the Dragon Dagger. I know what I have to do to keep the peace.

Pike
05-09-2014, 10:34 AM

Are you somehow unfamiliar with pretty much every Hollywood reboot of shows from our childhood?

I'll believe this is a good thing when it's out and actually turns out to be good.

I don't think you get it, I want this to be the next Transformers

I want to pay a bunch of money to go watch explosions and lens flares and the Power Ranger theme for two hours

Unless this turns out to be the next Citizen Kane I have no reason not to be stoked

Ayen
05-09-2014, 03:25 PM
But... the Transformers movies didn't have their theme song o.o

sharkythesharkdogg
05-09-2014, 03:41 PM
The Power Rangers was already live action, so it has that going for it. Animated series especially seem to have trouble translating to live action big screen deals. I've heard the first Power Rangers movie had a ton of people in it that turned out to become pretty big names in the industry. (As in production staff, not actors.)

Especially the second Transformers movie was just fucking confusing. It was just a cluster fuck of rapidly moving camera angles, and tangles of robots rolling around in a combat ball.

I'll take Orson Wells as Unicron and the original animated movie every day of the week.

theundeadhero
05-09-2014, 07:09 PM
But the transformers movies were bad, especially because of the technology.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
05-10-2014, 08:52 AM
I'd like a Jason David Frank cameo. One of the rangers is excited about getting their new powers and they bump into him and he spills his coffee or something like that.

Mercen-X
05-10-2014, 09:26 AM
I don't think you get it, I want this to be the next Transformers

I want to pay a bunch of money to go watch explosions and lens flares and the Power Ranger theme for two hours

Lens flares are JJ Abrams territory. Also don't count on hearing the original PR theme. (lol PR)

I wonder what they mean by superpower. Is that them being too stupid to know the difference between actual superpowers and being given advanced technology? Or do you think each individual member will have unique abilities? I hope Zack gets like super breakdance fighting skills. Jason and Tommy can have some take on super strength. Natural Billy's got to have dat 12th Lv Intellect that they boast about on DC. Truthfully though, I hope Tommy's not in it. I never approved of the show constantly being a sausage-fest, so if there ends up being a Green Ranger, I hope it'll be a girl. It would especially be awesome if she went on to be the White Ranger (woman in white).

DMKA
05-11-2014, 01:05 AM
This is so weird. First a big screen big budget TMNT reboot, now this?

It would be so bizarre to see a new generation of kids who like a bastardized version of the things I grew up liking.

Ayen
05-11-2014, 01:17 AM
I hope Tommy's not in it. I never approved of the show constantly being a sausage-fest, so if there ends up being a Green Ranger, I hope it'll be a girl. It would especially be awesome if she went on to be the White Ranger (woman in white).

Just call her Tamsin. My connection to the Green Ranger character would be complete.

Pike
05-11-2014, 10:50 AM
This is so weird. First a big screen big budget TMNT reboot, now this?

It would be so bizarre to see a new generation of kids who like a bastardized version of the things I grew up liking.

The new TMNT TV show that is airing right now is supposedly really good.

Shiny
05-12-2014, 05:28 AM
But the transformers movies were bad, especially because of the technology.
No they were bad because of everything, but the technology.

Considering that the Power Rangers show and the film were both campy as hell, I can only see this being campy too and having crap dialogue like Pacific Rim. Yet, pretty and fulfilling my inner youth. Can't wait!

Mercen-X
05-12-2014, 06:20 AM
This is so weird. It would be so bizarre to see a new generation of kids who like a bastardized version of the things I grew up liking.

I thought Power Rangers was the bastardized version.

black orb
05-12-2014, 06:29 AM
>>> I hope they dont ruin it like Transformers..:luca: