PDA

View Full Version : Who's your Blitzball Team

magemasher
05-08-2014, 03:17 PM
Who's in* your blitzball team?

I never realised there were so many players you could pick up for blitzball. So maybe there are more that I'm unaware of.

I have

Jumal
Botta
Jassu
Ropp (first time I found him was the other day- he's awesome- blitzballs yaya toure)
Zev Ronso
Tidus

About to pick up Miyu (at moonflow) who's good defender but she can't pass for toffee.

Who do you have?

Jiro
05-08-2014, 04:36 PM
Blitzball has a huge roster. It's great but I can never pick. My current team is as follows:

LF Tidus
RF Wedge
M Letty
LD Jassu
RD Botta
GK Miyu
SUB Datto
SUB Keepa

I've been playing Miyu on field to level her up. I considered grabbing a different keeper but I really like having a chick on the team. At some point I need to pick up a new RF though; Wedge will transition into RD and Botta will finally achieve his ambition of warming the bench.

magemasher
05-08-2014, 09:29 PM
Miyu can GK. Thats awesome.

Jiro
05-09-2014, 02:48 AM
For me, she had like 11 CA at level one, whereas Keepa was repping 13 CA at like level 15. In her first game she levelled up and gained Super Goalie, so now at around level five she is significantly better than him already :aimsun:

Karifean
05-09-2014, 08:03 AM
My typical setup for getting the sigil:

Tidus
Wedge
Brother
Kyou/Ropp/Naida
Kyou/Ropp/Naida
Jumal

I alternate between those three defenders as I please. They're all pretty awesome.

AssassinDX
05-09-2014, 09:13 AM
On the original game I got the best players and destroyed every team with little effort which got boring quickly, so this time I've stuck with the original team and included Wakka.

I still usually win but it's at least a challenge this time around, and I still have trouble with the Psyches as they've got a couple of awesome players. Brother can score from damn near anywhere.

magemasher
05-09-2014, 03:47 PM
I'm only at the thunder plains so I've only played 1 tournament and half a league. However I remember the Al Bhed being the only hard team on ps2 but the Ronso's have been tough this time, had to play hard to win 3-2.

They really should update the game a bit and have a online download on psn, multiplayer blitzball......... that would be awesome.

Anyone ever signed Mep (sp?) from kilika? He is the priest who always gets picked up before you can get back there. I remember him being good to play against.

Rocket Edge
05-09-2014, 04:37 PM
GK: Keepa
DF: Botta
DF: Ropp
MD: Svanda
FD: Tidus
FD: Datto

Team of champions. I always had a soft spot for the Auroch's members I kept. Svanda is a beast. She scores as much goals from midfield as the forwards do. Case in point:

Lone Wolf Leonhart
05-10-2014, 09:08 AM
I always keep the original Aurochs plus Tidus and Wakka. I pick up Zev Ronso on every playthrough for no apparent reason. He's my go-to character that I just stick with.

Other than that I just get various characters if I like how they look or if they have good stats, while occasionally picking story relevant characters like Brother or Rin.

Everything is pretty random beyond that first paragraph.

magemasher
05-13-2014, 11:45 PM
I got Zev for the first time on this playthrough, he's handy, I used to keep Datto and just never pass to him.

Well happy they I got Lakkam in my team (originally at the Psyches) so I moved Ropp to defence.

I read something interesting the other day, if you play Blitz enough then KilikaBeasts become ultra strong, I've got to see that so I might dedicate a day to blitzball this weekend, party time all the time here hahaha.

Mo-Nercy
05-17-2014, 05:20 AM
I like to play right up to Lvl. 99 so I like to pick players that are good at low levels as well as high so I don't have to bother with substitutes or re-training a new recruit.

LF - Tidus
Not the best in terms of stats, but Jecht Shot 1 and 2 are unique to him. Also, he's free. xD

RF - Datto
A few forwards end up in front of Datto, but not many. Nedus, Larbeight, Isken are the best late game but require patient development (especially Nedus). Datto, however, grows steadily and winds up being the third fastest Blitzer behind Brother and Nedus.

MF - Linna
Brother would be the better choice here, but I prefer Linna because she's more fun to play with. Whilst Brother is a bit of a jack-of-all-trades, Linna has slightly more imbalanced stats, specifically awesome AT, PA, BL and SH but bad EN. This makes her a perfect midfielder for the offensively minded team.

LD - Ropp
Ropp is one of the first Blitzers recruitable, and once you've got him, you'll never need to replace him. He's the best defender in the game from Lv. 1 - Lv. 99.

RD - Kulukan
Because she's on the Kilika Beasts' team, it's not always easy to sign her. But it's worth the wait - late game, she's one of the best defenders there is with high PA, BL and AT. If I'm struggling to get her, I'll sign Kyou or Naida for early-game, Kiyuri for mid-game while I wait.

GK - Nimrook
As with Kulukan, tough one to sign. Durren or Miyu hold the fort until he becomes free.

LocoColt04
05-17-2014, 05:42 AM
Did you know that at level 100, Keepa has the best shot rating in the entire game? After level 90, he ramps up like nobody's business.

Mo-Nercy
05-17-2014, 05:46 AM
Did you know that at level 100, Keepa has the best shot rating in the entire game? After level 90, he ramps up like nobody's business.
He doesn't have any of the other stats to support him being a proper forward though. It was hilarious when I discovered that though. xD

I guess it does help if you use Wakka's Auroch Spirit.

LocoColt04
05-17-2014, 05:47 AM
He's got just enough endurance to help him survive the boundless attacks he'll suffer by limping up to the front line. :D

Jiro
05-17-2014, 10:30 AM
I like to play right up to Lvl. 99 so I like to pick players that are good at low levels as well as high so I don't have to bother with substitutes or re-training a new recruit.

LF - Tidus
Not the best in terms of stats, but Jecht Shot 1 and 2 are unique to him. Also, he's free. xD

RF - Datto
A few forwards end up in front of Datto, but not many. Nedus, Larbeight, Isken are the best late game but require patient development (especially Nedus). Datto, however, grows steadily and winds up being the third fastest Blitzer behind Brother and Nedus.

MF - Linna
Brother would be the better choice here, but I prefer Linna because she's more fun to play with. Whilst Brother is a bit of a jack-of-all-trades, Linna has slightly more imbalanced stats, specifically awesome AT, PA, BL and SH but bad EN. This makes her a perfect midfielder for the offensively minded team.

LD - Ropp
Ropp is one of the first Blitzers recruitable, and once you've got him, you'll never need to replace him. He's the best defender in the game from Lv. 1 - Lv. 99.

RD - Kulukan
Because she's on the Kilika Beasts' team, it's not always easy to sign her. But it's worth the wait - late game, she's one of the best defenders there is with high PA, BL and AT. If I'm struggling to get her, I'll sign Kyou or Naida for early-game, Kiyuri for mid-game while I wait.

GK - Nimrook
As with Kulukan, tough one to sign. Durren or Miyu hold the fort until he becomes free.

I didn't realise Datto turned out so well. I might have to use him then!

Mo-Nercy
05-17-2014, 03:54 PM
I read something interesting the other day, if you play Blitz enough then KilikaBeasts become ultra strong, I've got to see that so I might dedicate a day to blitzball this weekend, party time all the time here hahaha.
If the Beasts keep their team together to Lv. 99, then yeah, they're relentless. Larbeight and Isken are amongst the best forwards in the game, Kulukan is probably the second best defender, Nizarut as goalie is second only to Nimrook.

Although with Jecht Shot 2, defenders and goalies might as well be non existent. Tidus is pretty broken XD

I didn't realise Datto turned out so well. I might have to use him then!
Once he gets fast enough to outswim Guado, you can essentially start using him as a second midfielder as well, luring away defenders so others can have clear shots.

Jiro
05-18-2014, 03:54 AM
I picked up Wedge who was an excellent second forward but he starts to scale into more of a tanky defender, so I was gonna throw him back there and sub out Botta. But then I had a hole to fill in the front, and since Datto is still on the bench I might as well give baldy a chance to shine.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
05-18-2014, 08:22 AM
I remember using Kyou now that I think about it.

BlueD
05-24-2014, 06:02 PM
as of now heres my setup

RF Tidus
LF Wakka
M Brother
RD Zalitz
LD Ropp
KP Jumal

This is the first time playing through I haven't played with Wedge once you get him up in level (99)hes an awesome goalie. Second best I believe with Nimrook being number 1.

Shiny
05-28-2014, 12:15 AM
Keepa is actually a horrible goalie, but ends up having one of the highest shots in the game at like 100 or something. So yeah, he's definitely one of my offensive players. I use pretty much any Guado player as my defense because they're very fast and have a great block because of their height. Nimrook is the best goakeeper hands down, but I started off with Jumal before I got Nimrook.

BlueD
05-28-2014, 05:37 AM
Keepa is actually a horrible goalie, but ends up having one of the highest shots in the game at like 100 or something. So yeah, he's definitely one of my offensive players. I use pretty much any Guado player as my defense because they're very fast and have a great block because of their height. Nimrook is the best goakeeper hands down, but I started off with Jumal before I got Nimrook.

bad thing about Keepa is that is shot doest get good until he is high in his 90s I believe

black orb
05-28-2014, 05:42 AM
>>> The Besaid Aurochs..
I dont care if they suck, I have Tidus and the Jecht Shot. More than enough to win all the games..:luca:

Ayen
06-07-2014, 12:05 AM
I just stuck with the Besaid Aurochs. I never bothered with picking up any of the other players. I love the concept of Blitzball and the atmosphere around it, but the minigame itself gets pretty dull and repetitive after a while.