PDA

View Full Version : Seltzer

Jinx
05-08-2014, 04:18 PM
Does anyone here drink seltzer/carbonated water?

I've started picking them up because they're huge (a whole liter!) for 80 cents...I get the flavored kinds to spruce it up. Not quite as sweet as out-and-out flavored water (in fact, not sweet at all, just with a very light flavor). So far of these I've tried blueberry and cranberry lime. I like them because I kind of feel like I'm treating myself, but it's not sugary like soda (which I don't really like anyways) but it still has the bubbly fizz I do like about soda. It's 0% everything, so it's not bad for me either.

Does anyone else drink these?

Shorty
05-08-2014, 07:03 PM
Blech, absolutely not.

Parker
05-08-2014, 07:30 PM
I can't stand carbonated water, but I've never tried the flavoured ones.

Shauna
05-08-2014, 08:51 PM
Flavoured fizzy water is tolerable. Plain? Blech.

Colonel Angus
05-09-2014, 03:45 AM
Plain Seltzer isn't bad @ all. Better than the flat kind you get out of the faucet. My mom regularly drinks the stuff. For a while I'd bring a bottle of it to work, but I kept jonesing for some high fructose corn syrup, so I've fallen off the wagon & gone back to soda. :blush:

Skyblade
05-09-2014, 04:45 AM
I once had a drink of seltzer thinking it was regular water. I was disabused of that belief extremely quickly.

Overall though, it's ok if you can flavor it. Vanilla + Seltzer + Half and Half = Cream Soda. Lovely stuff.

Also, I thought this thread said "Setzer", and I was wondering just how the heck he got a thread in Quina's Kitchen.

Shorty
05-09-2014, 04:46 AM
I keep thinking so as well xD

Pumpkin
05-09-2014, 04:46 AM
I hate seltzer water. I really generally dislike carbonated drinks as a whole which is why I prefer my soft drinks to be flat.

blackmage_nuke
05-09-2014, 12:30 PM
If it's the same as sparkling water then no. Ick

blackmage_nuke
05-09-2014, 12:56 PM
If it's the same as sparkling water then no. Ick

Not really.

That's not what wikipedia says

Shorty
05-09-2014, 04:54 PM
The thing about the ever-so-slightly flavored water is that it tricks me into thinking it's soda and my tastebuds expect more sweet stuff. When they don't get it they start screaming "ABORT HOLD FIRE CEASE AND DESIST" and it tastes even worse to me because it is not a thing I was expecting it to be, and is instead basically club soda with some limejuice squeezed into it or something :stare:

Mercen-X
05-13-2014, 07:34 AM
I've only ever drank one club soda in my life and it was in a can. Maybe that's why it tasted like crap. I expected it to be a sterile version of sprite (you know, as in "just minus the citrus") but it tasted like the water from my shower. No... it was worse than that. I've always said I don't truly know I hate something until I've tried it twice. I should drink another club soda.

Colonel Angus
05-13-2014, 11:46 PM
None of you would have a problem w/ Seltzer nor Club Soda if you'd just add some Scotch to it.:ffvisexy:

Mirage
05-14-2014, 01:28 AM
There's a lot of differences between various brands of sparkling mineral water, usually because of the different makeup of minerals in the actual water. I haven't tasted seltzer, but in general I think they are acceptable, although there are a few select brands that I find really good.

I usually find them even better when I have gone a long period without water, or if I have recently exercised. I avoid the flavoured ones because their acidity is a lot lower (as in pH closer to 1) than the unflavored kinds, and my teeth are weak enough as it is.

Club soda is one of the worst tasting sparkling waters I have tried, although there are multiple manufacturers of this too. I think it's only suitable for drink mixes, not to drink as a stand-alone beverage.

Perhaps I am just a sparkling water connoiseur.

sharkythesharkdogg
05-16-2014, 04:49 PM
Of the ones I have tried, I am a fan of none.

Bolivar
05-22-2014, 04:21 PM
I actually do find it refreshing and like Skyblade said, you can pretty much make your own sodas with it. I keep meaning to mix it with liqueurs and some tasteless spirits like triple sec or vodka but never got around to it... maybe this weekend.

When I was 15, my best friend and I discovered you can mix it with Bacardi 151 to completely nullify the taste.