PDA

View Full Version : *Somersaults into Wonder Square*

Yellow_Magic
05-08-2014, 08:15 PM
What up dudes and dudettes??

Found this place via the Twitter account and being the FF-fanboy I am, decided to join, to here I am.

I'm not a fan of talking about myself but here goes:

I'm a 21-year-old (turning 22 in 3 days, yikes) soon-to-be Computer Science graduate in London, UK, starting full-time work in September.

While I'm not experiencing a quarter-life crisis, I like to play jRPGs such as the Final Fantasy Series. Favourites? Probably VI, VII and VIII. Aside from FF I'm also fairly interested in the SMT series (particularly Persona and Devil Survivor like all the other mainstream kids) and the old school SNES stuff. In a couple of months (when I start working) I'll hopefully have enough money to binge on newer releases.

Other geeky interests include the usual, I guess: Anime, TV shows, and obscure music (before you ask which FF my username is from, it's actually the name of a Japanese electronica band (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_Magic_Orchestra)). Speaking of music I'm trying to learn music theory on my own along with computer-production (i.e. Ableton) - it's going okay.

Hope to hang around for a while! In fact, I just noticed there's an Eyes on FF IRC channel, so I may pop in soon!

Ayen
05-08-2014, 08:39 PM
Oh, hai thar. I read your username as "Yellow Mage" and now I wish there was a Yellow Mage.

Welcome to the site. I see you're already posting. Post more!

Shauna
05-08-2014, 09:08 PM
Welcome! Glad to have you aboard! :D

What is your favourite anime then? :}

noxious.sunshine
05-08-2014, 09:22 PM
hola n00b.

If you really do stick around, you might get a birthday thrad. MIGHT.

Yellow_Magic
05-08-2014, 09:37 PM
Thanks for the welcome, y'all.

Oh, hai thar. I read your username as "Yellow Mage" and now I wish there was a Yellow Mage.

Welcome to the site. I see you're already posting. Post more!
I know, right? And I'm trying my best but there's only so much a guy can post! D:

Yellow_Magic...is one of your spells Golden Showers?

Oh here we go

I get this type of joke very frequently on another forum (my nickname is Urine Spells :<), so I was actually thinking about using an alternate username - but then I realised there was something very FF about Yellow Magic so I decided to stick with it. Kinda regretting this decision already D:

That's a tough one: It's a toss-up between Legend of the Galactic Heroes, The Tatami Galaxy and Cromartie High School. Can't really pick a favourite out of those three because they're all stellar - albeit in their own ways.

hola n00b.

If you really do stick around, you might get a birthday thrad. MIGHT.
Welp. It's cool: I'm not sure how much reminding I'll be needing that my (supposedly) carefree days are practically over ;_;

Dat Matt
05-08-2014, 09:50 PM

That's a tough one: It's a toss-up between Legend of the Galactic Heroes, The Tatami Galaxy and Cromartie High School. Can't really pick a favourite out of those three because they're all stellar - albeit in their own ways

I think I love this guy. Tatami Galaxy is super Nifty and also insane.

http://fungafufu.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/ep2ozu2.jpg

Welcome to the forum. I see we share very similar interests as I too am fond of anime, video games etc.

Have you just finished up with you're 4th year at university (or about to?) I say because you say you are 21, and are complaining about carefree days coming to an end :P

Pike
05-08-2014, 10:09 PM
Welcome to the forum! I like you already! :D I love SNES stuff too!

Shorty
05-08-2014, 10:24 PM
Welcome to the forum! It's so neat you came here from our Twitter :D hope you stick around!

Madame Adequate
05-08-2014, 10:43 PM
Hi there Yellow Magic! Let me welcome you to the forums. You seem like a pretty cool person so I hope you stick around and post plenty :D

If you have any questions or anything, incidentally, feel free to send a Mognet Message (Private Message) to anyone who has a Cid's Knight title above their avatar, we're the mods around here so we'll be happy to help you out.

Psychotic
05-08-2014, 10:47 PM
Glad to have a fellow Brit on board. Let's talk about crumpets and going up the apple and pears to confuse the yanks. :greenie:

Dat Matt
05-08-2014, 11:06 PM
I want crumpets now Psychotic. Damn you.

Jess
05-09-2014, 12:11 AM
I had crumpets for breakfast! Welcome, Yellow Magic! :jess:

Miss Mae
05-09-2014, 03:08 AM
Welcome! :)

Yellow_Magic
05-09-2014, 05:51 PM
WELCOME OVERLOAD thanks guys

I think I love this guy. Tatami Galaxy is super Nifty and also insane.

I love you too <3

Have you just finished up with you're 4th year at university (or about to?) I say because you say you are 21, and are complaining about carefree days coming to an end :P
Yeah, in a manner of speaking it's my fourth year. I'm actually nearing the end of a 3 year Bachelor's course - for some stupid reason I decided to spend my first year of University studying something I hated, so I transferred to a different course/University.

Okay, I guess it's a bit much saying my days have been *carefree* at all - just worried about what lies the other side of graduation. Will probably get used to it though!

Dat Matt
05-09-2014, 06:09 PM
If you already have a Job lined up in September, then it's pretty good from here. I graduated myself 2 years ago and started work in October 2012. It's not quite as free as Uni, but having a full time wage is amazing.

Besides anime, final fantasy what are you into? Any weird hobbies we can use for blackmail? :3

Parker
05-09-2014, 06:51 PM
i like you yellow magic welcome

Yellow_Magic
05-09-2014, 07:28 PM
If you already have a Job lined up in September, then it's pretty good from here. I graduated myself 2 years ago and started work in October 2012. It's not quite as free as Uni, but having a full time wage is amazing.

Besides anime, final fantasy what are you into? Any weird hobbies we can use for blackmail? :3
I'm actually not a stranger to full-time work - spent four months last year as a mobile app developer for a start-up - but the realisation that life will pretty much never be the same is a bit...jarring...

I'm excited about my future wage, though. 150% greater than my last job (although admittedly I was pretty much exploited #internlyfe). :D

No real WEIRD hobbies per se- but like I wrote in the OP I'm kinda-sorta into music production (don't ask for any links though because I'm in training!!!), and like the average Joe CompSci I dabble in app/open-source when the mood strikes. :3

Dat Matt
05-10-2014, 11:47 AM
So you're a super 1337 hacker. Ate you this skilled?

u8qgehH3kEQ

Bubba
05-10-2014, 12:08 PM
I like him. Can we keep him?

Yellow_Magic
05-10-2014, 02:02 PM
So you're a super 1337 hacker. Ate you this skilled?

u8qgehH3kEQ
Yep. This is my hacking tool of choice (http://hackertyper.com). (Careful - you might accidentally access NASA's mainframes)

Dat Matt
05-11-2014, 02:51 PM
I've actually been on that website before. It was interesting, because none of it appears to make sense. Just a bunch of nonsense code from what I can see

Disclaimer - Mr. Shauna does not know anything about coding whatsoever.

Aulayna
05-11-2014, 05:37 PM
Hey there, welcome to EoFF - it's nice to see some of our Twitterers showing up here. :)