PDA

View Full Version : Mother's Day!

noxious.sunshine
05-08-2014, 09:34 PM
Mommies!

What are your plans for Mother's Day?

or what's yo baby daddy (or bf) gonna do for you?

& People who aren't mommies but have them, whatchu gonna do fo yo madres?

Of course drinking cuz that's every weekend, but I really want to get a mani-pedi and get actual acrylic nails on my fingers. And get a spray tan- there's a place right beside the gym that looks really nice.

And I think I'm going to dye my hair also.

Casey
05-08-2014, 09:45 PM
I'm going to buy my mom a card and some roses. :D

Shauna
05-08-2014, 09:46 PM
Mother's Day...

was months ago.

Dat Matt
05-08-2014, 10:00 PM
Isn't Fathers Day coming up in like June..? Geezo America get it together.

Unless Noxy is trying to say that all days should be mothers day... :3

noxious.sunshine
05-08-2014, 10:14 PM
Mother's day in the US is on Sunday. Jeebus lol

Father's Day is in June, yes. June 15th. coincidentally, 2 days after my dad's birthday.. Kind of makes me nervous. Last time his bday fell this close to father's day, he had his bad heart attack out in California.

I think I'm gonna have flowers delivered to my sister, too. Since she's kind of Parker's other mother.

EDIT: I also ordered these sandals from JustFab last night!

Jay gave me the okay for the mani/pedi and spray tan and hair coloring.. Since I got those shoes, I'm hoping to also go shopping for a new Spring/Summer dress..

Colonel Angus
05-09-2014, 01:57 AM
I bought my mother some Fill-In puzzle books & a book light that's not exactly the one she wants, because they don't make/sell that model anymore (but she better still appreciate it:p)

Miss Mae
05-09-2014, 03:15 AM
My parents have their birthdays a week apart and right around Mother's Day, so we usually just go out for a big lunch to celebrate all events. I also bought them both an assortment of flavoured nuts, Turkish Delight and chocolate, because they don't really need anything and they will enjoy snacks and drinks on the deck over the weekend, I'm sure.

noxious.sunshine
05-09-2014, 04:02 AM
Turkish delight is really a thing?

I remember reading about it in The Lion, The Witch, & The wardrobe. haha

EDIT: I don't know why, but for whatever reason, I imagined it to be like turkey and dumplings... NO not because the word Turkish either. lol

Miss Mae
05-09-2014, 04:16 AM
Absolutely! And it's delicious.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_cA444_4jkU8/THMWfZCXdII/AAAAAAAAAkc/lm8aXng4wzI/s1600/turkish+delight+008.JPG

Night Fury
05-09-2014, 04:28 AM
I think I just cried on Mother's Day because I missed my mama :(

Shorty
05-09-2014, 05:15 AM
My mam is coming over on Sunday and we're spending the day together. My sister and I are going to cook a delicious fancy meal (which I still have to plan for) and we're going to do some paperwork for citizenship (paperwork is not traditionally fun but we are going to make it fun) and then have a gal's movie night. :jess:

Every holiday I get my mom presents and she always complains about things and having too many things and just donated like half the stuff I've given her over my lifetime, so she gets no more presents. She is also too practical for billion dollar flowers and chocolates on Mother's Day, so a good meal it is! I do have a handmade card my sister and I will give her, though (not handmade by me, unfortunately, but handmade all the same).

Shiny
05-09-2014, 06:07 AM
I will probably take her out to dinner or get her that Keruig machine she wants. Probably will do the former because I don't condone her excessive caffeine intake. My dad also gets stuff from my mom and from neighbors for Mother's Day which I think is amusing and appropriate.

~*~Celes~*~
05-10-2014, 04:00 AM
I got my mom her favorite perfume in a set that also has body wash and lotion to go with it. I also plan on getting her some chocolates :)

I don't know what my husband is getting me but whatever it is, I'll love it :jess:

fire_of_avalon
05-10-2014, 04:53 AM
I bought this tumbler, ok. It has this outer cup part that is translucent so you can put a photo inside it. Instead I'm putting a card with my sister's kids' handprints on it.

Yep, I just won mother's day.

starlet
05-11-2014, 01:57 PM
Im going to call my mom in a little bit. We don't have any plans specifically but knowing my mom she'll want to go to the barn and ride her horse :D

Ayen
05-11-2014, 04:13 PM
It depends on what she wants to do when she gets off work. I don't know if Once Upon a Time is new tonight or not. I assume dad will ask if she wants to go out to eat or something like he always does. We're going out to eat when she gets off work. My dad will probably have to call my brother and remind him what day it is today. I got her a card. She doesn't like roses or any kind of flowers so that's out of the question. She doesn't like us spending a whole lot of money, either. I had to really look to find a card under five dollars. Some of them will go as high up as eight and that's not even counting tax yet. Then I realized the post I made on Facebook would make a great addition to the card so I wrote it all down on the blank side and plan for her to read that before she sees the Facebook post.

Agent Proto
05-11-2014, 05:28 PM
Just a card and wished her a happy mother's day. She's treating herself out with her friends. So I guess that leaves me to clean up. :\

Mercen-X
05-12-2014, 06:29 AM
My dad dragged my mom to breakfast... with his mom... at a buffet... which the old lady chose... because she had a coupon and could get senior discount and eat as much as she wanted because she's the very epitome of a cheapskate... and the place was swamped with other Mother's Day crammers... and then she wanted my dad to spend the rest of the day doing her chores (like shopping and walking her dog who won't poop outside unless you've won the lottery). I made my mom dinner. It was easy since she only wanted a burger. I woke up too late to make her breakfast. My dad could have done it, but he figured a card and balloons were enough. I'll make her breakfast tomorrow... hmm... I should probably go to bed...

Shorty
05-12-2014, 05:55 PM
me n my mam :jess:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1.0-9/10314618_10203950978880609_3266282063888872464_n.jpg

sorroy f-book friends for already seeing this

theundeadhero
05-13-2014, 04:59 PM
I ate strawberry shortcake and watched Frozen with my mom.

noxious.sunshine
05-13-2014, 06:41 PM
Parker & my sister got me an e-gift card to Barnes & Noble along with an e-card that P picked out- it had a "unicorn rainbow cat" on the front. I wanted to just download a new e-book, but there's no way to put the gift card info in and use it on Nook (which since downloading it, I'm now up to 4 e-readers on my phone. -_-; sigh). I don't have a ton of space for any actual physical books, so yeah.

Oh well. Guess I'll have to print it off and go anyway. hehe.

Also, I didn't feel like looking for a nail salon, so I just shopped online and ordered a couple of dresses. Jay got me tulips (he knows I'm not big on roses) and offered to take me out to dinner, but we'd already eaten out 4 nights in a row, so we went grocery shopping & I just cooked dinner for us.

Sephiroth
05-13-2014, 07:25 PM
BBQ with her and my brothers as well as my sister-in-law. I also bought her some JCVD movies as she loves him. While eating I put in Star Wars A New Hope as the whole family loves Star Wars.

Jiro
05-15-2014, 12:21 PM
I was a prick and made my mother visit hers with me :ffviwag: