PDA

View Full Version : Chrono series - Who was in your final team?

Wolf Kanno
05-09-2014, 08:31 AM
Obviously shion should avoid this thread so she doesn't get spoilers ;)

My final team was usually Crono, Frog and Magus, though I liked using Crono Lucca and Robo as well.

In Cross, my favorite team is pretty much the CC equivalent of my CT team of Serge, Glenn, and Guile, though I liked switching in Kid and Pierre (with full hero gear) in for a mix-up.

The Man
05-09-2014, 08:33 AM
I seem to remember using Crono, Marle, and Magus most frequently. With CC it was probably Serge, Kid, and Guile, but it's been so long since I played I honestly can't remember for sure.

VeloZer0
05-09-2014, 09:34 AM
I used to go Crono/Magus/Frog. Then I switched to Crono/Magus/Ayla to gain the ability to steal from bosses. It is a less well rounded party, with very limited healing ability. But seeing as I know the game like the back of my hand at this point the extra offensive firepower it brings to the table more than makes up for it.

For Chrono Cross I tend to used Serge/Glenn/Kid. I think Serge/Glenn/Karsh is a better party (Karsh is more damage + shares element with Glenn), I'm just a sucker for having main story characters in my party.

NeoCracker
05-09-2014, 09:41 AM
Chrono, Magus, and Robo.

Oh dear god this is the group from hell. Make sure to give Robo all your magic tabs, and on his own he can heal more then Chrono and Marle can together. Before I made a run of that game using that trick I'd use Marle instead just for the healing.

In Cross I don't think I've stuck with the same party more then once, though I remember my first time using the little alien guy and Grobryc.

Skyblade
05-09-2014, 01:22 PM
I use Chrono, Marle, and either Frog or Magus. It may not be the "best" team, but I play my favorites first.

Besides, Haste rocks.

The Man
05-09-2014, 01:25 PM
I should probably replay the game with more thorough use of Triple Techs. I barely used them but as I recall they could be quite powerful.

Naturally, the Crono/Marle/Magus party has no Triple Techs.

blackmage_nuke
05-09-2014, 02:21 PM
My first playthrough I needed Chrono/Marle/Frog so Marle and Frog could keep my health up, but when I played through on new game plus and had amassed an abundance of mega-elixers that didnt matter when used in the final battle I took Chrono, Robo and Ayla since Im pretty sure that's the heaviest damage team and I had to fight Lavos every 30 minutes for a new ending

VeloZer0
05-09-2014, 06:03 PM
Personaly I always found Frog beter than Marle for healing. You loose on the single target, but the multi-target heal is well worth it.

Make sure to give Robo all your magic tabs,
Giving Ayla magic tabs has an even bigger effect on her heal, since her magic stat is so damn low to begin with. :D

Del Murder
05-09-2014, 06:43 PM
Chrono/Magus/Ayla. I love stealing. For the final boss I usually go with Chrono/Magus/Lucca and spam Luminare/Dark Matter/Flare. Healing is for losers.

For CC I go with Serge/Glenn/Kid.

Wolf Kanno
05-09-2014, 07:01 PM
Personaly I always found Frog beter than Marle for healing. You loose on the single target, but the multi-target heal is well worth it.

Giving Ayla magic tabs has an even bigger effect on her heal, since her magic stat is so damn low to begin with. :D

Yeah, but she can't heal a group without a dual tech. :p

I like Frog cause he has good synergy with Crono and has the Heal spell and Frog Squash. I kind of feel bad for Marle cause she is so dependent on others to be effective.

Skyblade
05-09-2014, 09:13 PM
Chrono/Magus/Ayla. I love stealing. For the final boss I usually go with Chrono/Magus/Lucca and spam Luminare/Dark Matter/Flare. Healing is for losers.

For stealing you should play with Marle and Ayla, to take advantage of their Dual Tech Twin Charm.

NeoCracker
05-09-2014, 10:47 PM

Yeah, but she can't heal a group without a dual tech. :p

I like Frog cause he has good synergy with Crono and has the Heal spell and Frog Squash. I kind of feel bad for Marle cause she is so dependent on others to be effective.

She also doesn't have access to 3/4 of the elemental attacks, where as Robo has every type except water. :p

I may do my next play through dropping all my Magic tabs on Frog though, but I don't know if his heals will keep up with Robo's.

Wolf Kanno
05-09-2014, 11:04 PM
I believe they even out. Frog has a higher MAG stat but Heal Beam has a higher base formula than Heal so it may actually balance each other out, even then I can say that at high enough levels it easily gets the job done.

Skyblade
05-10-2014, 12:41 AM
The game isn't exactly hard enough to force any sort of consistent use of the Tabs. Sure, the broken mechanics make it "best" to give them to Robo, but you can get through the entire game with just Ayla or Marle healing. I usually go through with Marle as my only healer, and I only rarely need to use a party-healing Double Tech.

Del Murder
05-10-2014, 02:31 AM

For stealing you should play with Marle and Ayla, to take advantage of their Dual Tech Twin Charm.
Marle sucks. She has some good dual techs but that's about it. Ayla is such a powerhouse that she doesn't need heals and the party doesn't take much damage waiting for her to charm each boss twice.

Fynn
05-10-2014, 06:23 AM
For CT, I've beaten the game multiple times, each time with a different party. The most recent one, I think, is either Crono/Marle/Lucca or Crono/Marle/Ayla. I'm pretty sure I've used every character for the final battle at this point.

Now, CC I've only beaten once and I remember my party was Serge, Kid and Glenn. Kid is the heaviest characters story-wise, so that makes sense, and Glenn has the masamune, and the X-slash double tech with Serge.

NeoCracker
05-11-2014, 08:28 PM
I believe they even out. Frog has a higher MAG stat but Heal Beam has a higher base formula than Heal so it may actually balance each other out, even then I can say that at high enough levels it easily gets the job done.

I'm up to Ocean Palace right now, and I'm pretty confident that given the same amount of magic tabs, Robo out heals Frog.

Wolf Kanno
05-11-2014, 10:46 PM

I'm up to Ocean Palace right now, and I'm pretty confident that given the same amount of magic tabs, Robo out heals Frog.

It's enough to get the job done. :p

NeoCracker
05-11-2014, 11:07 PM
Oh definately, I've been having no healing issues using Frog. I think more of a balancing factor is Frog is faster, and has a weapon to increase his magic stat, so that makes a bit of a difference. (Though with a couple speed tabs and his optional side quest boosts, that difference is pretty moot.)

VeloZer0
05-11-2014, 11:15 PM
Though if you charm all the speed tabs in the Black Omen you have enough to raise 3 characters to max speed on your first playthrough. So speed becomes kind of moot, unlike magic which you will need very many playthroughs to max everything out. (This is another reason I like Ayla.)

Wolf Kanno
05-11-2014, 11:32 PM
Oh definitely, I've been having no healing issues using Frog. I think more of a balancing factor is Frog is faster, and has a weapon to increase his magic stat, so that makes a bit of a difference. (Though with a couple speed tabs and his optional side quest boosts, that difference is pretty moot.)

Frog also gets the Hero Medal which drastically raises the usefulness of his own endgame upgrade. Not to mention Frog Squash is just more fun and devastating than Shock. If only water magic didn't suck so much...

NeoCracker
05-11-2014, 11:54 PM
I never let my HP go low enough to make much use of abilities like Frog Squash and Dino Tail though. :P

Wolf Kanno
05-12-2014, 12:01 AM
Why not? Bosses like Zeal are just asking for it and it's not like this game is so hard that you can't play it a little loose and wild. :p

VeloZer0
05-12-2014, 01:29 AM
I think Zeal is the only thing in the game that even justifies the existence of Frog Squash/Dino Tail. :lol:

Wolf Kanno
05-12-2014, 01:32 AM
Lavos Core does as well, he has a move that halves your HP and those moves do surprisingly good damage even then. Where I will give Robo props is that he has the best dual tech in the game in terms of raw damage. Double Bomb with Lucca is devastating when used correctly, fastest battle against Lavos I ever had.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
05-12-2014, 02:28 AM
It's hard for me to say because I cycle through all the characters in the game for variety, but I generally like using Crono/Frog/Magus. It's my favorite party.

For CC, I'm pretty sure I used Serge/Kid/Karsh. I liked the fast forward option in the NG+ that let you zip through the game. I think I beat the final boss a second time shortly after getting Greco, the psychic ex-wrestler guy.

I really like Karsh, though.

Wolf Kanno
05-12-2014, 02:30 AM
Karsh is pretty awesome, especially his whole connection with the Masemune. I always feel bad that I don't use him very much.

G. Mustang
05-12-2014, 11:18 AM
For CT, I use Crono/Frog/Magus in the final team. I often switch them with other characters too.

For CC, Serge/Kid/Guile most of the time. I occasionally switch them with other characters, but it's Kid who often got switched with other characters. Can't leave out Guile because he's my fav.

theundeadhero
05-13-2014, 08:38 PM
For CT I use either Crono/Magus, then Ayla and Frog on the last fight. Either magic caster can devastate while ayla and frog use both Frog Stomp and Dino Tail to destroy everything. Or if needed they can use their double tech heal to get the parties HP back up.

I don't remember CC so much. I remember liking the alien, kid, and Karsh.