PDA

View Full Version : Coworkers

Flying Mullet
05-09-2014, 01:27 PM
One of my coworkers has a cut-out of MegaMan on his cube window. This morning I decided to add an extra decoration for him:

Let's talk co-workers. Enjoy them? Can't stand them? Friends? Frenemies?

Shorty
05-09-2014, 05:00 PM
I'm the youngest person in my office by atleast fifteen years, possibly more, and everyone else are all people ranking much higher than I am. At first they seemed to resent me because I replaced an assistant they were all in love with, but they've warmed up to me since. I still wouldn't want to go to lunch with them or anything. Worlds of difference.

I love my boss and tolerate everyone else.

Pike
05-09-2014, 05:02 PM
I'm decent friends with the people in my department. We have very little in common aside from a love of cats but fortunately that's enough to get along okay :shobon:

LocoColt04
05-09-2014, 05:05 PM
I get to hand-pick my coworkers! Helps when you're the boss.

You would not believe how much stupid bullshit we do around the store when nobody is looking. There often end up being googly eyes on everything, like so:

Psychotic
05-09-2014, 05:18 PM
I love my coworkers and we have a great time. I am very much the office prankster. This week alone I have placed a funny for sale sign in the window of a colleague's car (he leaves the doors unlocked) with such vaguely amusing comments such as the CD player having a copy of N.W.A.'s Straight Outta Compton permanently jammed in it and the whole thing smelling of cabbage, covered another colleague's monitor in post-its, wrote a fake letter to the post-it colleague from a client who turned out to be footballer Tom Cleverly, and the girl who sits next to me - and is just as much of a mischief maker as I - ended up randomly having paper clips fall off her head all day as I tried to see how many I could put on her head and shoulders without her noticing. 12, in case you care.

I am genuinely surprised they don't hate me :shobon: But nah, it's a great atmosphere with some awesome banter, random discussions and fun hijinks.

sharkythesharkdogg
05-09-2014, 05:23 PM
It's hard for me to play office pranks anymore. They're the best part of working in an office.

Parker
05-09-2014, 06:40 PM
one time i put my friends stapler in jello. owned.

Dat Matt
05-09-2014, 07:12 PM
Eh, my coworkers are a weird bunch. We've got the senior that is always in a mood, and older lady that is a mega bitch, a girl that I have a real hard time reading (she's either up for having a laugh, or is in a mood, those are her two settings), another girl who doesn't seem to talk to me and a guy that is constantly asking me questions cause he's new.

The team isn't too bad, we have laughs every now and again but I tend to just stick to my work. I'm better friends with people I don't wok in the same department with all day.

~*~Celes~*~
05-09-2014, 11:25 PM
Our morning crew is my favorite because we've got the Crazy Canadian as we call her, she moved her from Canada to get married to her husband who she met online and they hit it off nicely. She and i get along so well, and she's one person I can trust and I know i can ask her anything without judgement. She started a year after me but as far as I'm concerned we're equals.

There's my work mom as I call her, she's almost 60, raised Catholic, but has a great sense of humor. We tease each other all day and we always end up talking a lot when we work together, but we still manage to get our work done. We are really close and she loves my son :jess:

There's the older black lady I work with who loves talking about her grandkids to me, some of which are a similar age with my son. She's a more quiet and reserved type but she's very nice and helpful.

There's the 21 year old stoner who loves video games and we always crack jokes all day at each other, pretend to beat each other up and the like. He comes off as being cold because he doesn't really talk about much and keeps to himself, but if you know how to talk to him, you can get him talking, and he's one of the funniest people ever!

There's the shy girl who is very reserved, she was abused by the father of her son and gets nervous when she sees him (he's the brother of someone from a different department and he's also friends with our boss, so he shows up sometimes), and due to hanging out with the Crazy Canadian, she's starting to open up more. I've been told if you hang out with her in private she loves to talk lol it doesn't surprise me. She tells me she used to be a wild child of sorts when she was younger. She and I are kind of like sisters.

The other person who works mornings is a 30 year old who I get along with as long as she's not being a condescending, snippy, and sarcastic bully, because she seems to enjoy pissing me off. Lately I've been snapping back and she wants to believe it's because I'm pregnant and hormonal, but no. I'm just tired of her shit :jess: We really clash at times but when we get along, we get along. Just so happens that since she's transferring to a different department, she's been nicer lately. Go figure!

All the 2nd shifters are in their late teens/early 20s and care more about partying and drugs and their boyfriends than they do about getting the job done properly so even though they're nice people that I can get along with and don't mind talking to them, they are a pain in the ass as co workers -_-

fire_of_avalon
05-10-2014, 05:33 AM
All of my co-workers are either 10+ years older than me or 5+ years younger than me, except our pharmacist who is the same age. But he's a pharmacist and we don't have much in common. There is one other lady who is a year older than me but we're just different. We all crack wise at each other but I'm not close to any of them.

Also, aside from one of the doctors and the pharmacist, they're all white women and I don't know what this means about me, but that makes me kind of crazy. All of my previous work environments were much more diverse and I miss it.

Colonel Angus
05-10-2014, 06:28 AM
For the most part my coworkers are nice, but my god are some of them dumb.

I have a team lead, who's been @ my company for 32 years. I've been there for 5, in this department for 2 of them. I know more about the job than she does. There's one account she ALWAYS calls the wrong name, but for some reason, nobody corrects her. She's being laid-off @ the end of the month, which is sad because she's really nice, but it's probably 32 years too late.:ffvisleepy:

Araciel
05-10-2014, 07:04 AM
worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

LocoColt04
05-11-2014, 12:29 AM

I get to work with these literally beautiful people every week. Yep. And we're all the most wonderfully sarcastic assholes you'll ever have the pleasure of working with.

Shiny
05-11-2014, 12:35 AM
I'm the youngest person where I work too even younger than people with positions below mine. Two of the people I work with in my position went to the same uni as me and the other one grew up in the same hometown. It's kind of cool to have some six degrees of separation going on. I'm the only girl in my position as well, but they're all pretty cool bros and we get beers occasionally. I can't help but think that the 33 year old needs to seek out a higher position -- he's been doing the same thing for 12 years...

Jess
05-11-2014, 12:50 AM
I recently changed jobs and I'm still getting to know my new colleagues, but they seem nice.

I'm the baby of the bunch. The team are ranging between 6-30 years older than me.

I probably won't have much in common with any of them, but we'll see.

Crop
05-11-2014, 08:32 PM
They're ok. I was close with a couple of them, but they've since left and we don't really keep in contact much.

I'm pretty bored of my job though, so I'll probably quit soon.

o_O
05-12-2014, 02:03 AM
My team is wicked awesome except for this one guy who chews his food louder than my noise-cancelling in-ear headphones with hard trance music on high volume can drown out.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
05-12-2014, 02:42 AM
In my experience if you work somewhere where anyone can be hired, anyone will be hired.

Time to get out of retail.

A few conversations you overhear in the break room can be amusing, though. Low-level managers gossiping about how none of the hourly workers are qualified to do their prestigious job. Everyone trying to work how much their job sucks into their conversation, while at the same time being totally oblivious about what that statement says about them and their life decisions. Good times.

Colonel Angus
05-12-2014, 03:47 AM
In my experience if you work somewhere where anyone can be hired, anyone will be hired.

Time to get out of retail.

A few conversations you overhear in the break room can be amusing, though. Low-level managers gossiping about how none of the hourly workers are qualified to do their prestigious job. Everyone trying to work how much their job sucks into their conversation, while at the same time being totally oblivious about what that statement says about them and their life decisions. Good times.
Where I work it's pretty much the same, & I'm in an office.

Jessweeee♪
05-12-2014, 04:24 AM
On a personal level I like all of my coworkers. Some of them are really not good at their jobs though, the worst being the one who is actually pretty efficient when she focuses on one or two things at a time, but she multitasks so much at once that it gets to a point where she's not getting anything done at all, and instead has dozens of unfinished tasks lying around getting in everyone's way. She complains, saying she's working twice as hard and getting berated while another coworker who doesn't work as hard is praised, well, that particular coworker is actually getting a lot more done than she is and doesn't make us all fall behind. She tries hard, she really does, but nothing gets done right when she's left to her own devices.

fire_of_avalon
05-14-2014, 03:46 AM
My team is wicked awesome except for this one guy who chews his food louder than my noise-cancelling in-ear headphones with hard trance music on high volume can drown out.
CHLOP CHLOP MOTHER FUCKER

Sephex
05-14-2014, 04:22 AM
I get along with everyone at my work without any real difficulty.

That being said, I think I may be the problem coworker at time. What I am about to say only applied when I was on first shift.

I have a problem with some of the nitpicky rules. Out in the shop, you aren't allowed to wear headphones. Makes sense. You can't have forklift drivers or people wandering around heavy and dangerous machinery blasting the latest hip hop in their ears.

However, part of my job requires the use of a computer that is in a penned in area of the shop. I asked if I could use headphones only at my desk, but they said that you can only use a radio or something to listen to music. Fair enough.

I now blast metal whenever I can. It's not overly loud (the iPod radio really can't be heard well across a shop floor even if I had the volume on max). Oh sure, I listen to all sorts of music, but now EVERYONE gets to enjoy the likes of Between the Buried and Me, Opeth, and a host of other bands that no one can stand listening to because the radio didn't tell them it was cool.

There is an older lady that sits a couple desks down from me. I know it annoys her, and I know it annoys a couple of the mangers. Every single time I get a "you're listening to music I don't like" look I always say, "Sorry! I would LOVE to use headphones, but I can only hear my music at this volume with all these machines running!"

Yes, I know I am being a colossal dick for doing this. But if my company is incapable of using basic logic instead of blindly enforcing the rules on everyone (especially since there are people who badly try to sneak using headphones WHILE ON FORKLIFTS and I get shut down for having the courtesy to ask), then too bad. Enjoy my noise music. :)

Bubba
05-14-2014, 02:56 PM
Working in an office, you really get an overwhelming sense of human tragedy along with the all too common stench of putrefying souls.

I keep telling myself that I actually enjoy working in this environment... but I just can't silence that little voice in my head that wants to kill the gormless, bonk-eyed f*** that sits across from me slurping his coffee.

I think it says a lot that the first thing I do when I get back from holiday is open my little spreadsheet detailing all the ways in which my fellow colleagues should die.

Loony BoB
05-14-2014, 04:11 PM
I get along with pretty much everyone at work. We're Facebook friends and we chat the day away while we work, but it's rare that we hang out after our shifts end. It happens on occasion, just not often. It's a massive workplace and there are a lot of people outside of my department I happen to pass by in the street every now and then and they're always up for a quick catch up when I do.

Overall it's just a good, friendly place to work and I do enjoy it - but I don't like to take my work home with me. I see them more often than I see my wife during some weeks! So I keep it to about 4-5 nights out per year which are always fun, but any more than that would be a sense of obligation and that's where it becomes pointless. A few of my team do it more often than I do as they all play golf, and I'd probably be out there with them as we all get along great, but there's that tiny little issue: I have zero interest in golf, let alone money for it. xD

Aulayna
05-14-2014, 04:31 PM
I work at a games company, so that carries it's own drama from time to time. For some people here, considering the department I'm in, it's their first ever job and they aren't very professional at all. Then there's also people who nearing their 40s too.

That being said, everyone on my team I get along with and there are only a handful of people, out of the 300 or so in the building we're based in, that I have any major dislike toward.

Due to shift work though, we don't really do much together outside of work. Occasionally we'll have some nights out here and there, but nothing major - especially as lot of the people around my age or older are getting married and settling down with children now.

Jiro
05-15-2014, 12:20 PM
I'm like at least half the age of all the people I work with but they're all great :aimsun: