PDA

View Full Version : RPG binges

metagloria
05-09-2014, 01:53 PM
What's the most you've ever played a game (and, obviously, which game) in a day/week/consecutive period of time?

My personal "bests":
–Played Star Ocean 3 for 56 hours in one week between Christmas and New Year's Once. (My friend later one-upped me by beating the game in 80+ hours in just six days.)
–Played FFXIII for 31 straight hours shortly after it came out. (During this stretch, I finally got to Gran Pulse, which opened up a massive chunk of interesting gameplay and helped me keep going.)

Shorty
05-09-2014, 04:51 PM
Jesus, I consider my binges like 7-10 hours at a time xD

Pike
05-09-2014, 04:53 PM
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/Pikestaff/screenshots/Imighthaveaproblem3_zpse9ecead8.png

This was legitimately the best two weeks of my life.

Madame Adequate
05-09-2014, 04:55 PM
I played FF I through IV/TAY a month or two ago. It was pretty great!

LocoColt04
05-09-2014, 05:01 PM
I mean, I assume MMOs don't count for this, because I put a couple hours into FFXIV almost every night, so that's more of a "habit" than a binge.

Last time I had a good binge though? I have to save them for when I'm either on vacation, or playing something for the sake of writing a review. In that regard, I suppose my last binge was Lightning Returns. Before that though, I'm pretty sure I dumped dozens of hours into Dragon's Dogma. I'm still only one trophy away from a platinum and I reeeeeeally need to go back to that at some point soon to finish it up.

And for what it's worth, I full-complete FFVI at least twice a year, and usually do it within a week or two every time, split into decent chunks between other things.

VeloZer0
05-09-2014, 05:59 PM
I consider 5-6 hours just a good play session, not a binge. That said, I get time to do that only a few times a year.

Longest I have ever played a game straight is when a friend dared me to beat FF7 in one shot, with no eating or sleeping. Final time was 21:42. I probably could have shaved a couple hours off, but I was (relatively) taking my time and enjoying myself because I hadn't played the game in quite a while.

In terms of over a week, I am sure there exists weeks where I have played for 12 hours a day, every day. Ah, back in the day....

Yellow_Magic
05-09-2014, 07:33 PM
I'm a notoriously slow gamer (especially compared to you speed demons @_@): The fastest I've ever played an RPG was probably the 2 weeks I spent on Persona 4! Think I only amassed like 60-70 hours at that.

Pumpkin
05-09-2014, 07:35 PM
Probably 15 hours.

Skyblade
05-09-2014, 08:00 PM
Yeah, I don't "binge" on RPGs like this. This is just sort of how I play all the time. If I'm awake I'm either working, going to school, posting here, or playing video games. RPGs make up about 90 to 95% of what I play, so this is just sort of how my free time goes.

Also, getting my total time played is incredibly hard, because game time is not even close to accurately reflecting that.

NeoCracker
05-09-2014, 11:30 PM
There was that one time in my youth I beat Mario RPG in one sitting.

And yeah, I play all games like this, where I will sit down with it for hours on end.

But yeah, me and Skyblade seem pretty much entirely on the same page on this one. :p

Dat Matt
05-09-2014, 11:35 PM
Does borderlands 2 count as RPG? We played that for like 6 hours, slept 6 hours and played 6 more hours a fortnight ago. The previous weekend we did something similar, but from 4pm to 3am.

I tend to binge on games, but I don't have much time for it these days.

Raistlin
05-10-2014, 01:13 AM
I haven't done anything remotely like this since early high school, but I beat three of my favorite, but also shorter, RPGs in less than a week: Lunar SSSC, Suikoden I, and Suikoden II. I literally only had breaks for meals and bathroom, and probably played over 10 hours/day for 6-7 days straight.

I loved every second.

I had some binges through longer games as well (especially my first playthrough of FF7), but I don't remember the specifics.

Del Murder
05-10-2014, 02:36 AM
FFXI definitely. Back in the day when you got a good experience party, you didn't let it go. I probably spent 10 hours in a single party, let alone a single play session.

Raistlin
05-11-2014, 05:50 AM
Oh god, I didn't even think about MMOs. I wasted most of one summer on EverQuest. And there was a time where I would get home from school and play Ultima Online until 12 AM, breaking only for dinner.

black orb
05-11-2014, 06:05 AM
>>> The first time I played FF9 I played it for like 50 hours. I only paused the game to eat and go to the bathroom.
I was young back then I doubt I could do something like that now..:luca:

Pike
05-11-2014, 10:23 AM
If MMOs count I binged on WoW for about two and a half years.

Wolf Kanno
05-11-2014, 11:05 PM
If I really love the game I can easily play for over six hours straight without noticing but lately my schedule is too hectic and I've been trying to finish up some games I didn't get into so I haven't binged since SMTIV.

theundeadhero
05-12-2014, 02:49 AM
I do consider MMOs. Wow, 55+ hours a week back in the day. Weekly. Fuck dailies.

Jiro
05-13-2014, 03:23 AM
I played Final Fantasy VII for 25 hours once. Final Fantasy VIII for 16 hours. I was very good at only needing to go to the bathroom once.

theundeadhero
05-16-2014, 06:57 PM
After I finished my last final today I decided to start a new FF Tactics game. I played for 22 straight hours.