PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Attack On Junon

Forsaken Lover
05-09-2014, 08:45 PM
QD1ynv-OHL4

Was talkin' about FFVII's brilliant direction in the other thread and nowhere is that better captured than in this whole sequence.

The tense music as the cannon is prepared...

The way said music fades out as it's fired....

The silence save for the sound of the waves as everyone waits to see what happens....

THEN BAM! The alarm is back on and Weapon is closing in! Cue "Weapon Raid" one of the best tracks in FFVII's marvelous soundtrack.

I could watch it swimming towards Junon, ignoring the humans' pitiful defenses, all day.

Skyblade
05-09-2014, 09:22 PM
I love this scene. It's so great, and so well directed.

I especially love what it does to Junon. It makes me really wonder just how big the Shinra - Wutai war got that Shinra felt forced to build a city that is essentially one giant fortress.

If there's one disappointment, it's how little damage Sapphire actually does. But it's such a great scene, I can overlook that.

MJN SEIFER
05-09-2014, 11:47 PM
Agree with everything the main post said. This scene was beautifully directed.

Side Note: So that's what happens if you haven't got Yuffie...

Ayen
05-09-2014, 11:57 PM
"Damn, man!"

That about sums it.

Crop
05-11-2014, 09:57 PM
I preferred the scene where Weapon attacks Midgar myself, mainly because of how awesome the Rufus death scene was, but the Junon attack was really amazing too.

MJN SEIFER
05-11-2014, 10:55 PM
I preferred the scene where Weapon attacks Midgar myself, mainly because of how awesome the Rufus death scene was, but the Junon attack was really amazing too. The scene where both Diamond Weapon attacks and the Sister Ray is fired is an excelent scene. I love how the camera angle keeps changing before Diamond Weapon dies was always very intense for me.

And of course, it's that "Weapon Raid" music again...

Rufus's "death" was a great scene (it looked like a death anyway - in fact, one NPC says that Rufus died).

Skyblade
05-12-2014, 06:13 AM
Rufus's "death" was a great scene (it looked like a death anyway - in fact, one NPC says that Rufus died).

He did die. They just retconned it. Among with so many other things they retconned in the Compilation (like Reno's hair).

Bubba
05-13-2014, 08:33 AM
Awesome scene.

I agree with Skyblade in that it could have caused a bit more damage. When you see that bad ass laser come out of it's mouth you expect half the city to have melted down. But no... just a small hole in the wall so Tifa can escape.

This is one of the sections of the game that I look forward to the most.

VeloZer0
05-13-2014, 04:57 PM
Maybe it was taking it's time ripping Junon apart for it's enjoyment. :p