PDA

View Full Version : Why is this the best 16-bit entry?

Wolf Kanno
05-10-2014, 09:02 AM
Going by the nasty debate in the You're Welcome 54279 and seeing how so many people have come out of the works to defend FFV as the best entry, and since almost none of you actually post in here to validate your love, I wish to ask you why is this the superior entry of the SNES era and not IV and VI? This forum gets no love so now it's time to show some appreciation. :colbert:

Spooniest
05-10-2014, 09:53 AM
I think the argument is weak. Almost every FF game is an improvement over the last.

I don't think II counts, but some might disagree. And XI and XIV are in their own camp.

Fynn
05-10-2014, 11:13 AM
It's kind of the "definitive" SNES entry to mean, mainly because it perfected many things that were started before. I consider VI the best, but VI is the first step in a new direction, in my view.

Colonel Angus
05-10-2014, 04:15 PM
V is just a fun game w/ fun characters. What other game has an old man from space, a guy who travels the world on a horse-sized bird, a pink haired princess & a transgender pirate captain who's ship is dragon-powered?

V isn't the greatest, but for me it's probably top V.

metagloria
05-13-2014, 02:34 PM
Two words: JOB SYSTEM.

metagloria
05-17-2014, 07:00 PM
I'm starting a new game of FFV tonight on my DS (GBA) while seeing Kvelertak, Gojira and Mastodon.