PDA

View Full Version : If you could remove one entry...

Wolf Kanno
05-10-2014, 09:07 AM
Say you were given the powers to be a petty omnipotent fanboy/girl, and thus had the power to wipe out one entry in the series franchise from human memory, which entry would you choose and why? :tonberry:

The Man
05-10-2014, 09:12 AM
if I wipe out FFXIII does that also get rid of all the other sequels and stuff? Because that would go a long way towards seeing the series regain its reputation :monster:

Granted, that could also run the risk of wiping out FFXV as well, since it was originally part of FNC, which could be risky.

Forsaken Lover
05-10-2014, 09:14 AM
Final Fantasy VI.

NOW FFIV REIGNS SUPREME

The Man
05-10-2014, 09:15 AM
Nope, Final Fantasy IX and Final Fantasy V are still better :doublecolbert:

Mercen-X
05-10-2014, 09:43 AM
Final Fantasy XI and XIV. Simply because I'll never understand the appeal of having to pay monthly to play a video game. Of course I don't have excess money lying around to just use as toilet paper... then put through a shredder, light in on fire, and flush down the toilet like all those other online gamers.

Spooniest
05-10-2014, 09:55 AM
If you wiped out FFI (and shame on you), you would wipe out the entire series! If FFI NEVER EXISTED!

NEVAR EXISTEEED

blackmage_nuke
05-10-2014, 10:20 AM
XI because I dont really think it would be a huge loss.

Mirage
05-10-2014, 10:32 AM
Final Fantasy XI and XIV. Simply because I'll never understand the appeal of having to pay monthly to play a video game. Of course I don't have excess money lying around to just use as toilet paper... then put through a shredder, light in on fire, and flush down the toilet like all those other online gamers.

So basically you want to wipe out their most profiting game not because you dislike the actual game, but because you just don't like online pay to play games, and somehow thinks that running servers is magic and doesn't cost money for SE.

That's the stupidest thing I've read on eoff in a long time, and that say's a lot

Here let me try.

I'll wipe out every game except Final Fantasy all the bravest, because i don't have excess money lying around to use on expensive games.

Absolutely not. Unacceptable. ~Shorty

Fynn
05-10-2014, 11:37 AM
FFX :radred:

Skyblade
05-10-2014, 12:58 PM
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest

Really, was there even that much question?

NeoCracker
05-10-2014, 04:04 PM
Eh, I"ve had to much fun bitching about the bad games to want to get rid of them.

VeloZer0
05-10-2014, 04:22 PM
FF8. Because then they have a solid run from FF1-FF9. I don't think any of them after FF9 have been particularly good, but having FF8 in there ruins the narrative of having all the games before FF10 being good.

Psychotic
05-10-2014, 04:38 PM
if I wipe out FFXIII does that also get rid of all the other sequels and stuff? Because that would go a long way towards seeing the series regain its reputation :monster:Have you actually played the sequels? They're both definite improvements on XIII itself and neither is what I'd call a bad game. They're steps in the right direction if nothing else.

I would actually remove XIII for this very reason because I think the series wouldn't have taken such flack if either XIII-2 or Lightning Returns had been released in its place. More people would also be willing to give them a chance without the stigma of XIII attached.

Jinx
05-10-2014, 04:41 PM
FFXIII because I'm tired of Lightning being everywhere.

Or FFVIII, because it's just a god-awful game.

Pike
05-10-2014, 05:50 PM
None of them, because every single one is somebody's favorite and I wouldn't want to take that away from them :3:

Ayen
05-10-2014, 06:42 PM
How do I know I haven't already and just can't remember I did?

Aulayna
05-10-2014, 06:43 PM
VII

#shotsfired

Dat Matt
05-10-2014, 08:53 PM
This is an interesting question, as it's basically asking a different question from "What is you're least favourite" to "what Game do you think affected the FF series the worst?"

It's a harder questions than most. As every FF game has some merit.

I'd probably say the FF 13 series. Not because I dislike the games, but because of the fact that they could have worked on other games and new stories, but stuck to one universe and set of characters for 3 games.

Skyblade
05-10-2014, 10:56 PM
As every FF game has some merit.

None of them, because every single one is somebody's favorite and I wouldn't want to take that away from them :3:

These people clearly haven't played Final Fantasy Mystic Quest.

Not only would removing it be a huge boon to the franchise, but it would mean that the few good ideas it did have wouldn't be tied to an abysmally poor game and therefore never be considered for use again.

Mercen-X
05-10-2014, 11:45 PM
That's the stupidest thing I've read on eoff in a long time, and that say's a lot

^thread title... it's my call to make, stupid or otherwise. Maybe losing their cash cows would make them desperate enough to actually do something right for once.

Skyblade
05-11-2014, 12:12 AM

^thread title... it's my call to make, stupid or otherwise. Maybe losing their cash cows would make them desperate enough to actually do something right for once.

They did do something right. It's called Bravely Default. Even if it did take another company paying for it to get it released in the West.

Mercen-X
05-11-2014, 12:49 AM
BD should have been a FF main entry.

Skyblade
05-11-2014, 12:59 AM
BD should have been a FF main entry.

Then Square would have screwed it up, trying to "live up to the series name".

Besides, it's called Bravely Default: Where the Fairy Flies. Not a coincidence.

KentaRawr!
05-11-2014, 01:07 AM
I'd get rid of FF5 and test the limits of the void by checking Gilgamesh's presence in the rest of the series after that. :p

black orb
05-11-2014, 06:57 AM
>>> FF13, Crystal Bearers or Crisis Core..:luca:

The Man
05-11-2014, 11:17 AM
I'm going to change my answer and say All the Bravest, Airborne Brigade, or FF Mystic Quest. It literally didn't occur to me to choose non-numerical entries in the series.

Skyblade
05-11-2014, 02:32 PM
I'm going to change my answer and say All the Bravest, Airborne Brigade, or FF Mystic Quest. It literally didn't occur to me to choose non-numerical entries in the series.

I'd actually rather be rid of Mystic Quest than I would All The Bravest. Just so that ideas like weapons that could be used in the field, or having every enemy change form to (usually) appear weaker as they lost HP would not be tied to that abysmal game and could be reused on a future installment. But All The Bravest probably deserves being wiped even more.

I don't know that I've heard of Airborne Brigade, though.

WildRaubtier
05-11-2014, 02:50 PM
You must play games muted, because MQ has some of the cockrockingest music under an FF title.

You literally can't argue against removing the cynical cash grab that is ATB, but that's an easy answer so I'll say IX since it's probably the most expendable in terms of legacy.

The Man
05-11-2014, 02:55 PM
Mystic Quest had a nice soundtrack, but removing the game from the series would enable its soundtrack to be used for a game that was actually good.

Mirage
05-11-2014, 03:01 PM

Well if you're fine with saying stupid things, that's your right of course.

We don't call people stupid here. ~Shorty

Psychotic
05-11-2014, 03:25 PM
Cool it down guys. This kind of edge to a thread is not necessary.

Fynn
05-11-2014, 05:48 PM
I'll say IX since it's probably the most expendable in terms of legacy.

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! shion can't see this! :onoes: