PDA

View Full Version : What are your anticipated games of 2014?

Dat Matt
05-10-2014, 11:50 AM
I wanna play Mario kart 8, but that's coning out this month. This is the only game I know that is coming out in 2014 that I am excited for.

What games are you looking forward to in 2014?

Aulayna
05-10-2014, 12:09 PM
Dreamfall

AssassinDX
05-10-2014, 12:37 PM
Mario Kart 8
Tropico 5
The Sims 4
Project Cars

And Star Citizen if any sort of playable release comes out this year. That's the big one for me.

Dat Matt
05-10-2014, 12:45 PM
Wasn't aware that the sims 4 was out this year. You should make all your characters final fantasy ones and do a let's play!!

Fynn
05-10-2014, 12:46 PM
The sims 4 and Persona Q (not sure if that's this year though). Also, I would love to be able to say FFXV :(

Skyblade
05-10-2014, 12:56 PM
The sims 4 and Persona Q (not sure if that's this year though). Also, I would love to be able to say FFXV :(

Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth is indeed supposed to come out this year. So a Quarter 3 or 4 release is expected. At least over in the US. In Japan, it's due in less than a month (June 5th), and I have no clue on the EU release.

I'm also looking forward to the NA release of Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney. About time.

Aulayna
05-10-2014, 01:00 PM
I thought about it some more:

Dreamfall
SMAC2
Pokémon Alpha Sapphire!

Dat Matt
05-10-2014, 01:06 PM
Oh yeah, Pokemon. I'm looking forward to it, but I doubt I'll play it in 2014. Persona Q has no suggested release date (Via Wikipedia, the greatest source ever) in the EU region. Which is dissapointing, I am quite looking forward to that.

Funny all the games I'm interested in are coming out on the Nintendo formats. I did say I was a fanboy xD

Fynn
05-10-2014, 01:09 PM
I have no clue on the EU release.

:G

Del Murder
05-10-2014, 02:33 PM
Watch Dogs, Arkham Knight, and I can't think of anything else right now.

Wolf Kanno
05-10-2014, 10:15 PM
Persona Q is about the only thing I am really interested in right now, though TheaterRhythm Curtain Call could make me happy. Monolith Soft's X is supposedly coming out this year in Japan at least but seeing how we haven't heard much of it lately, we'll have to wait to see at E3 or TGS if it got delayed to next year which I'm thinking will happen.

Ayen
05-10-2014, 10:20 PM
The Evil Within. Nothing else sticks out to me and the other games I was pumped up for has already came out.

Bolivar
05-12-2014, 05:03 PM
Call of Duty Advanced Warfare and Hotline Miami 2 are the biggies I'm getting Day 1.

Will see how Destiny and The Order 1886 turn out.

Dat Matt
05-12-2014, 05:21 PM
I never played any COD games past modern warfare 2. How do the more recent entries shape up?

Anything big. New and shiny in advance warefare that you know about already?

Pumpkin
05-12-2014, 05:22 PM
The new theatrhythm game is supposed to come out this year, right? If so then that one

Bolivar
05-12-2014, 09:08 PM
I never played any COD games past modern warfare 2. How do the more recent entries shape up?

Anything big. New and shiny in advance warefare that you know about already?

They've all been pretty great. Certainly still the genre leader with the amount of content and quality. Advanced Warfare is looking good. This is the first game on the new 3 year development cycle and it shows. The character animations and level of detail makes it look like they might be moving to an entirely new game engine.

magemasher
05-12-2014, 09:21 PM
Dragon age 3. Been waiting a while for this one and by all accounts a big improvement on the second, I'm hoping Morrigans return lives up to expectation.

FFXV IF it comes out.

Madame Adequate
05-12-2014, 09:35 PM
Watch_Doges (everything is wow)
Tropico 5
Civ: Beyond Earth
State of Decay: Lifeline
All new content for Crusader Kings 2

Skyblade
05-12-2014, 10:30 PM
Dragon age 3. Been waiting a while for this one and by all accounts a big improvement on the second, I'm hoping Morrigans return lives up to expectation.

I don't think so. You had the option to kill Morrigan at the end of Witch Hunt. BioWare doesn't usually put a lot of effort into potentially dead characters. They have been getting better at it, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

magemasher
05-13-2014, 03:07 AM
Not really a Bioware fan other than DA, so don't much on their policies. She definitely is back though.

Though maybe she is dead, in the screencaps I've seen she is kind of black around the eyes, more so than DA1. Possibly necro'd by someone or other. Either way cannot wait for this one. I'm going to have to replay them so I can get the back stories in to it.

Miss Mae
05-13-2014, 03:18 AM
Transistor. :excited:

I'm sure there are others but that game is dominating the 'excited about a game release' part of my mind right now.

Skyblade
05-13-2014, 03:18 AM
Not really a Bioware fan other than DA, so don't much on their policies. She definitely is back though.

Though maybe she is dead, in the screencaps I've seen she is kind of black around the eyes, more so than DA1. Possibly necro'd by someone or other. Either way cannot wait for this one. I'm going to have to replay them so I can get the back stories in to it.

In Mass Effect, one of your party members could be killed depending on the choice you made. Because of this, regardless of your choice, he was not a usable companion in either sequel. In the second game, he was merely a cameo. They did flesh his role out a bit in the third, but it's still nowhere near as strong as it was.

Similarly, the vast majority of your companions from Mass Effect 2 (all of whom could be killed depending on how you played the final mission) were similarly reduced to cameo roles in Mass Effect 3. Some were really good cameos, don't get me wrong, but they still didn't get as fleshed out as they could have been (or, lore-wise, as some of them should have been).

Morrigan was a fantastic character (and I've been a fan of Claudia Black since Farscape), so I'd love to see her return. But I'm not sure I am going to get too hyped with BioWare's history in how they deal with player choice across multiple game entries.

I suppose they could retcon it to say that she didn't die, even if you took the choice to kill her, since I think you inflict a mortal stab wound on her and she falls through the portal (I don't remember, I don't like killing awesome characters, only crummy ones like Anders). So that would be a way out for them. And it was just in a DLC, and one which did clearly indicate that there was a lot more going on with her than it seemed. So, from a story perspective, there's definitely potential. I just know that BioWare is loathe to spend a ton of resources on a character that some of their players might have killed two games ago.

magemasher
05-13-2014, 03:43 AM
Ah i see so she may just be a NPC or something, that will be a downer. Yeah they messed up Anders, I thought he was okay on awakenings but he had a brain transplant for number two and went crazy. I'm guessing they will forget about the baby Morrigan was potentially carrying. That could be quite big somewhere down the line if they expand on that.

Spuuky
05-16-2014, 07:23 PM
Dragon Age 3
Cosmic Star Heroine
Carmageddon: Reincarnation
Grim Dawn
Risen 3
Divinity: Original Sin

All of these games will be fantastic and I will love them in their own ways. It's actually one of the most compelling 6 month stretches of game releases I've had in a while.

Jiro
05-17-2014, 09:05 AM
Watch_Dogs
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Destiny (perhaps)
Tales of Xillia 2
Civ: Beyond Earth
Transistor
Citizens of Earth
Wolfenstein (perhaps)

probably a lot more that I'm interested in but I cannot be smurfed trying to find out

krissy
05-17-2014, 05:28 PM
the... the last guardian?? maybe?

Madame Adequate
05-17-2014, 07:53 PM

Oh snap I forgot all about that! :excited:

the... the last guardian?? maybe?

LAFFO

Miss Mae
05-18-2014, 03:51 AM

Oh snap I forgot all about that! :excited:

THREE DAYS THREE DAYS :excited:

krissy
05-18-2014, 05:13 AM
yea cant wait either

Perducci
05-19-2014, 09:11 AM
Watch_Dogs
Pokémon Gen 3 remakes
FM2015
Metal Gear Solid V (If it's out this year)
Smash Bros 3DS

Also looking forward to a bunch of games being released on consoles I don't own, so mostly I'm just trying my best to pretend that they're not happening.

Spuuky
05-19-2014, 04:52 PM
Transistor should have been on my list also, yes.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
05-22-2014, 05:32 AM
At the moment, my for sure day 1 purchases are Theatrhythm Curtain Call and Tales of Xillia 2.

I'm a sucker for wearing costumes of past Tales game characters, so I just might pre-order.

Yellow_Magic
05-22-2014, 05:42 AM
SMTIV (I'm in Europe, so it counts. goddammit)
Smash Bros 3DS
Pokemanz
All the new Persona titles. Even Dancing All Night

DMKA
05-24-2014, 04:40 AM
Among the Sleep
Assassin's Creed: Unity
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Kingdom Hearts 2.5 ReMix HD
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
Murdered: Soul Suspect
The Order: 1886