PDA

View Full Version : Project Morpheus

Carl the Llama
05-10-2014, 03:37 PM
So there was a new video on Playstation Access a few days ago:

7mOcJ9PdKUE

I LOVE this concept, virtual reality is finally coming to a wide audience and I cant wait to get my hands on it.

I wonder if its going to be totally interactive, I love the idea that you could put on a headset and then all of a sudden you could be driving IN somewhere like Silverstone on a GT game, or an action RPG where you use the motion controls to attack and defend... the idea really makes me excited for what the future may hold for gaming... and if they make the headsets 3D... it's just going to be fantastic.

What feature would YOU most like to see come to this project? Also do you think you could come up with a better name? I personally think the name Project Matrix would be a much more exciting name for it... *shrugs*.

Dat Matt
05-10-2014, 04:28 PM
I like the idea of it, but it will be a long time before I can get excited for it. It's the same reason I was never really excited for the occulus rift. I am not on that is interested in experience Virtual Reality until it is adapted into a situation that I will be really excited for it. In the video they showed videos of here in a shark tank, and in a space craft. Not interested in either of those experiences. Being set up as a solider on Normandy beach, not for me.

Put me in a Mirrors edge situation, or in an epic Fantasy World MMO situation (E.g. FFXIV) and I'll consider it. For now though. Not interested.

Wolf Kanno
05-10-2014, 10:20 PM
You know, I had a discussion about Virtual Reality in game design for class and came to the conclusion that it doesn't really offer much because the technology is too limited at this time. It's pretty much like motion controls, a great concept but we're still years away from it being something that could truly enhance the gaming experience, the fact it's visual only makes it impractical for game design to be honest.

Bolivar
05-12-2014, 05:01 PM
I like my TVs, so I'm not terrible invested in this. Once they get this up and running on a Gran Turismo or Elder Scrolls, though, I'm in. Looks like that may happen sooner rather than later.

Aulayna
05-12-2014, 05:55 PM
To be honest I'm not hugely interested in it at the moment.

fat_moogle
05-19-2014, 07:45 PM
I'm interested to see what Sony does with Project Morpheus. However I'm reserving judgement until I know the price and what content it's going to be getting. I don't think it's something I'd like to get at launch in case support is dropped like a lead bomb when sales are less than anticipated. But we'll see. I've not even got a PS4 yet so don't want to get ahead of myself xD