PDA

View Full Version : Do You Want to See an FFVII remake?

Pike
05-10-2014, 06:04 PM
It's been rumored for ages, but do you want to see it?

Jinx
05-10-2014, 06:13 PM
A big part of me says yes, but part of me says no.

As long as they don't add in the Compilation stuff, sure. And no voice actors (which is not likely to happen).

Psychotic
05-10-2014, 06:17 PM
Yes, but only if they do KH/XV's battle system. And keep the silly script, I don't even care. Keep it. Oh, and totally expand the chocobo racing and breeding. Online chocobo racing? I THINK SO.

Ayen
05-10-2014, 06:39 PM
A chance to see an updated Aerith and Tifa in their dresses at Don's place?

Yes please.

Aulayna
05-10-2014, 06:48 PM
As long as I get my HD version of XII first.

AssassinDX
05-10-2014, 07:02 PM
Yes, but only if...

They stick as closely as possible to the original game. I'd like an HD update rather than a full remake, I have little faith in Square-Enix avoiding royally screwing it up either way.

Shaibana
05-10-2014, 07:18 PM
this really works 2 ways,
ofcourse i would be very curious about what they can do with it, and a part of me wants a remake of this game becaus its so awesome.

but the other part says: hands off this clasic. if you dont remake it then you cant screw it up

Vermachtnis
05-10-2014, 07:59 PM
I want to hear "Let's mosey" and "This guy are sick" voice acted.

Fonzie
05-10-2014, 08:12 PM
In some ways I don't because as of now I don't particularly trust Square to not fuck it up. :p

Jess
05-10-2014, 08:32 PM
Yes. But I just want mind blowing graphics. I want pretty much everything else to be the same, except the mini games can be expanded (more gold saucer mini games could be awesome!) and maybe they can add in some additional side quests and optional bosses.

It would get me to play a FF game again. I miss the old battle system and world map exploring and stuff. :(

Pumpkin
05-10-2014, 08:52 PM
I don't want to but I don't care much either way.

Sephex
05-10-2014, 08:56 PM
Maybe. I fear that Sector 7 train has passed. I am so damn clever.

ScottNUMBERS
05-10-2014, 09:46 PM
Why not. It doesn't matter to me if they screw the remake up somehow, the original game still exists and it shall forever remain the best game of all time so who cares.

Wolf Kanno
05-10-2014, 10:10 PM
I don't really care either way to be honest, it's not my favorite entry and my only desire to see a remake is so that PEOPLE WOULD FUCKING STOP TALKING ABOUT REMAKING IT. Other than that, I don't care.

Madame Adequate
05-10-2014, 10:18 PM
Yes, as long as it's a genuine remake and not just a graphical update or something.

Combine XV graphics with X battle system and VII everything else, add new items, equipment, materia, monsters etc. and add new bonus content as well, if possible.

Alternatively just do a graphical update and release modding tools.

Carl the Llama
05-10-2014, 10:52 PM
I would give up the internet for a year if it would make them do a remake of VII, any form of remake, I have been waiting forever to see it come to fruition.

A chance to see an updated Cloud in his dress at Don's place?

Yes please.

I fixed this for you, don't deny it Tori, you know you want this.

I want to hear "Let's mosey" and "This guy are sick" voice acted.

So much this.

Why not. It doesn't matter to me if they screw the remake up somehow, the original game still exists and it shall forever remain the best game of all time so who cares.

THANK YOU, so many people say they will screw the game up but at the end of the day the original still exists, let them run wild with it for all I care, I just want to Omnislash in beautiful PS4 graphics.

Yes, as long as it's a genuine remake and not just a graphical update or something.

Combine XV graphics with X battle system and VII everything else, add new items, equipment, materia, monsters etc. and add new bonus content as well, if possible.

Alternatively just do a graphical update and release modding tools.

I actually thought the gameplay was pretty perfect the way it was towards the battle system... I could get behind something like having a sphere grid incorporated into it.

Skyblade
05-10-2014, 11:04 PM
Yes, but only if...

They stick as closely as possible to the original game. I'd like an HD update rather than a full remake, I have little faith in Square-Enix avoiding royally screwing it up either way.

This is pretty much exactly what I was going to say.

Dat Matt
05-11-2014, 12:06 AM
FF7 was okay as a game. They did a great job with Crisis core. I would love to see both packaged as a set in HD on an HD console.

Jiro
05-11-2014, 04:21 AM
I'm not really that interested. It's an enjoyable game but I can play it now. You need to offer me something worthwhile and based on Square Enix's track record, I don't think they can deliver something that meets my demands.

Forsaken Lover
05-11-2014, 04:44 AM
I want the remake! I want my Broody Cloud and Perfect Holy Maiden Aerith and Comedic Relief Reno just like how it was in the original FFVII.

Colonel Angus
05-11-2014, 04:54 AM
I'm highly disappointed that more people didn't pick "potato". :mad:

BTW, I hate that Poshul got to rename Aeris. Aerith my athth.

The Man
05-11-2014, 05:12 AM
I'm highly disappointed that more people didn't pick "potato". :mad:
rSk_37So0Xk

black orb
05-11-2014, 06:07 AM
>>> Yes I do..

SE cares? probably not..:luca:

maybee
05-11-2014, 10:42 AM
No

Because, you know that they are just going to ruin it.

:eep:

Tigmafuzz
05-11-2014, 04:40 PM
I agree with several people at once. I want a graphical update that keeps the game exactly the same, but I also want Hux's idea, and I also agree that they'll probably just ruin it. I don't know. I feel like it's been too long, and anything they do with it now wouldn't please me.

Also,

Colonel Angus
05-11-2014, 05:12 PM
I agree with several people at once. I want a graphical update that keeps the game exactly the same, but I also want Hux's idea, and I also agree that they'll probably just ruin it. I don't know. I feel like it's been too long, and anything they do with it now wouldn't please me.

Also,

Other than a graphical update, the only other change I'd like to see is to the ending. Revealing that Cloud & Tidus are the same being would bring great joy, as I could feed off all the tears of agony from the FF fanbase.

Depression Moon
05-11-2014, 09:11 PM
I don't care as it's one of my least favorite games in the series.

blackmage_nuke
05-12-2014, 12:58 AM
Yes, because I like ff7 but I Im not emotionally attatched to it so if they ruin it it wont make me as angry as ruining ff6

Mercen-X
05-12-2014, 01:07 AM
I was so tempted to vote Potato.

My Re:Final Fantasy VII Wishlist (http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/122760-The-Official-FFVII-Remake-%28That-Is-Not-Likely-To-Happen-Anytime-Soon%29-Thread?p=3284481&viewfull=1#post3284481)
Highlights include enhanced graphics including
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i59/apz_freak/CloudFieldFront.jpg,
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i59/apz_freak/cloudbattlemodel7.jpg
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i59/apz_freak/sephyfieldwip.jpg,
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i59/apz_freak/cloudbattlemodel6.jpg and (optional)
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i59/apz_freak/StartScreen.jpg.
A quest to save Seto, a hint at Bugen's past, Vincent's story, Yuffie's story, LIMIT breaks for enemies, acquiring L4 LIMIT should make sense, tone down the exaggerated gap in level between Cloud and Seph in flashback, at least one battle partied with Zack during the optional flashback, an altered FMV for those who beat Zolom before crossing the marsh, Easter egg weapons including Genesis' Rapier (could be a "replica"), be able to keep and use the alternate outfits seen throughout the game (and some DLC easter eggs while on the case), also would like to battle a couple of those Black Cloaks, Sapphire WEAPON too.

Spooniest
05-12-2014, 02:22 AM
So they remake VII. What do they do with it?

I don't care what they do with it, as long as it's good.

Colonel Angus
05-12-2014, 03:42 AM
When they remade X/X-2 did they actually make changes, or just make it in HD? I think that's what they'll do to VII. Mayyybee add a bonus dungeon/boss, but nothing that would take away from the story.

Mercen-X
05-12-2014, 03:45 AM
What does HD really even mean? When I watch the HD videos of X, I have no idea wtf I'm looking at. It looks the same to me.

Colonel Angus
05-12-2014, 03:52 AM
What does HD really even mean? When I watch the HD videos of X, I have no idea wtf I'm looking at. It looks the same to me.
It means $60 more dollars in Squenix's pocket.

blackmage_nuke
05-12-2014, 07:14 AM

I was the same but when I watch them side by side the difference is definitely notable

NeoCracker
05-12-2014, 07:34 PM
I think it would be great, and I'd probably get it day one, even though I rank FF VII fairly low on the FF list as many of you know. :p

There are enough places that would look wonderful in HD I think, most noticably Midgar and the Mountains at clouds home town, I forget the name of the top of my ehad.

VA's I'd be perfectly fine with, especially if they get Blum back in to do Vincent.

I'd like to see some adjustments to the characters limit breaks though, as most of them amount to more then damage. (Vincent and Aerith exceptions of course). Give me some more variation, and variation that is actually useful. It would help to differentiate the characters more.

Fix up the script, except for the occasional line like "This Guy are Sick" which are pretty rad.

I actaully think FF VII may be the FF that has the most to gain from a remake. :p

Tigmafuzz
05-12-2014, 10:39 PM
And probably also the most to lose. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mercen-X
05-13-2014, 06:21 AM
Some variation to the limit breaks and variation that is actually useful.

Fix up the script, except for the occasional line like "This Guy are Sick" which are pretty rad.

Tifa's should remain the same, Aerith's too. Cloud's should be more like Auron's and have an effect on the enemies' stats. The Cross-Slash's default "paralyze" can stay as well as Finishing Touch's "remove". I think that Clim Hazzard should do some kind of defense break or something. I don't about his others.
Update the look of Vincent's transformations. I don't care what other fans say, I never liked the generic look of Limits. I thought he was transforming into enemy characters like the warriors of Wutai Pagoda do given that Galian looks like a Behemoth on hind legs and then there's Death GIGAS. I definitely think their physical attacks should have some kind of effect and Hellmasker's Massacre should be a multiple damage attack.
Make the Big Shot and Mind Blow better differentiated. A shift in color does not a new attack make (the same could be said of Sled Fang and Blood Fang). Perhaps, by leveling and obtaining higher level LIMITs, the lower level limits can be enhanced. Make Big Shot deal a "Power Break" and Mind Blow dole out a "Magic Break". Hammerblow sure looks like a physical attack to me, so why doesn't it do damage? Maybe Satellite Beam should deal out a random paralyzed status.
Cid's Boost Jump and Hyper Jump should be real Jumps where he disappears from the screen, the latter still be a aoe. Dragon Dive would have him randomly drop in to attack and then jump away again, allowing the other characters to take their turns until he has struck 6 times.

But I don't know. What kind of variation do you think would be useful?

I think the scene where we see "This guy are sick" should have the line said by some kid lingering near the guy's place. That way it would be an Easter egg for those familiar with the original game and the script would technically still be fixed because kid's typically have no idea what grammar is.

Mo-Nercy
05-13-2014, 10:06 AM
No. Because there's no way everyone that wants it will be satisfied with it. It's impossible for any remake to capture the sort of experience we all had of the game when we first played it.

Think about all the things the fanboys/girls could potentially hate on - the revamped music, the new character designs, the more 'action-oriented' battle system, the fact that Barret and Cid have to be much more mild-mannered with voice-acting...

SE has absolutely nothing to gain and a whole generation of FF fans to lose with a FF7 remake.

Mercen-X
05-13-2014, 04:46 PM
Most remakes (whether for games or movies) are just forced on us with no voice from the fanbase ever even at wanting one. Of course the fans will be happy this. Because they actually asked for this remake.

NeoCracker
05-13-2014, 05:45 PM
Some variation to the limit breaks and variation that is actually useful.

Tifa's should remain the same, Aerith's too. Cloud's should be more like Auron's and have an effect on the enemies' stats. The Cross-Slash's default "paralyze" can stay as well as Finishing Touch's "remove". I think that Clim Hazzard should do some kind of defense break or something. I don't about his others.
Update the look of Vincent's transformations. I don't care what other fans say, I never liked the generic look of Limits. I thought he was transforming into enemy characters like the warriors of Wutai Pagoda do given that Galian looks like a Behemoth on hind legs and then there's Death GIGAS. I definitely think their physical attacks should have some kind of effect and Hellmasker's Massacre should be a multiple damage attack.
Make the Big Shot and Mind Blow better differentiated. A shift in color does not a new attack make (the same could be said of Sled Fang and Blood Fang). Perhaps, by leveling and obtaining higher level LIMITs, the lower level limits can be enhanced. Make Big Shot deal a "Power Break" and Mind Blow dole out a "Magic Break". Hammerblow sure looks like a physical attack to me, so why doesn't it do damage? Maybe Satellite Beam should deal out a random paralyzed status.
Cid's Boost Jump and Hyper Jump should be real Jumps where he disappears from the screen, the latter still be a aoe. Dragon Dive would have him randomly drop in to attack and then jump away again, allowing the other characters to take their turns until he has struck 6 times.

But I don't know. What kind of variation do you think would be useful?

I think the scene where we see "This guy are sick" should have the line said by some kid lingering near the guy's place. That way it would be an Easter egg for those familiar with the original game and the script would technically still be fixed because kid's typically have no idea what grammar is.

I quite like your premise for Cloud, Tifa, and Aeris.

Perhaps with Red XIII, since none of his limits hit as hard as some of your other characters anyway, perhaps every limit he fires off he starts giving himself various buffs? Like his first couple limit breaks he gives himself eithelf Shell or Protect, depending on which one. Second two grants himself Haste or Regen. Third ones a STR or MAG buff. Final Limit Break perhaps he grants himself all of them? Mind you this is in addition to the normal attacks against the enemy.

Mercen-X
05-13-2014, 11:44 PM
Well, Lunatic High already grants Haste and Howling Moon grants that and Berserk (you can cure Berserk or avoid it by equipping him with an accessory). I think Blood Fang should grant a Power buff (or maybe curse type where his attacks are strengthened but he takes damage when he attacks).

Another thing about limits. I think that you should be able to reset the level of limits you're using mid-battle. It'd be convenient for those who want to avoid certain skills in battle like Red XIII's Earth Rave which a fire-elemental attack that can heal Fire-elemental monsters. It's less convenient than simply having all of the limits displayed on screen at once, but it's also less clutter.

LEVEL 4!
I think that acquiring Level 4 should be more interesting than acquiring a manual. I envision a top-score trophy in the Battle Arena still called Omnislash but serving as a Key Item that doesn't vanish from your inventory. Instead, acquiring the necessary points to earn it would set an automatic event in place where Cloud must face a Black Cloak in battle who turns out to be Sephiroth (clone). Winning gets Cloud the Masamune (replica) and the Omnislash limit break which he'll automatically use to defeat the Black Cloak. This will alter the very end of the game where normally you'd use Omnislash even if you had never acquired it. In this case, Cloud will use a new version of the Omnislash that was never available throughout the game. The Omnislash Battle Trophy would be given to the party automatically (at least preferably, otherwise you may forget). It would be great if you could fight machinations of Genesis and Angeal in Battle Arena and win replicas of their swords (of course, Angeal just uses a standard-issue sword) which Cloud could actually use.

Tifa have a flashback to learning from Zangan and failing repeatedly to learn the Final Heaven.

a last conversation between Vincent and Lucrecia before he acquires Death Penalty and Chaos showing a new flashback that shows Chaos' original form (the one seen in the original game) before Lucrecia made it a part of Vincent. Rather than acquiring an item that enables this ability, I think Vincent should black out and awaken as Chaos (in neo-polygon form, like a Chibi-Chaos). Then he'll examine the Death Penalty as the scene closes and fades to black.

the battle with Lost Number should not be a requirement for recruiting Vincent. I think it should be battled later when Nanaki is ready and it should be a Gi fight.

Yuffie's All Creation should become available for use during her fight against Godo.

I think Cait Sith should have two more Limits. I thought up a Roulette wheel full of Buffs, Debuffs, Elemental attacks, Heals, Steals, Throws, a physical attack, and a Death attack which would each randomly affect a single character. I imagine Cait Sith's superior version of Heal would be like Angel Wings and can heal a character or resurrect a fallen character and his superior version of Throw would allow him to throw replicas of the weapons you have stocked but still deal close to the same damage. The item thrown (including Gil) would be random as well and he could even throw materia which would deal damage equivalent to its power and context (i.e. elemental damage, status damage, 2-4 hits for 2x-Cut). Steal would at times do random damage but if the random character selected was a party member, you'd get the message "What are you doing?"
As for his Level 4 limit, I thought up Black Cat. Instead of just growing big with the Moogle, Cait transforms into a black panther who sits and cleans itself (licking its paw and rubbing its head). The enemies will be put in Darkness status. While Cait Sith in his panther form, he can't be attacked even if both ancillary characters go down, but if he chooses to attack, the Limit will cease and things will return to normal. He can take other actions without affecting the limit though.

LunarWeaver
05-15-2014, 07:08 PM
I'd play it if it ever happened. I'd accept what changes they made or didn't make. It could be fun. If it doesn't, I'm hardly hung up on the game anymore. It's been seventeen years. If you can still make a passionate speech for or against this game, you have too many feelings in your face.

Newmani
05-16-2014, 07:33 PM
Would I want to see a FFVII remake? Depending on how well they did it I'd even buy a PS4 just to play it.

But they'd have to make very few changes besides upping the graphics and adding in those voice overs we love so much. An HD remake basically is the remake I'd want.

If I had a choice of who Square hired to remake the game I'd pick those guys who remade Ocarina of Time for the 3DS. They even kept the glitches. Seriously can we hire those guys?

Sephiroth
05-16-2014, 08:08 PM
Omnislash:
Found: Midgar Region, Zack's "Burial" place (hidden place which can only be found after having all of Cloud's LIMITs, finding the place before remembering Zack will give a different dialogue and later another one if returned)
Great Gospel
Found: Cloud's Promised Land: Sector 5 Church - must be found before leaving Midgar
Final Heaven:
Found: Nibelheim, Zangan's Letter (hidden, play Main Theme of Final Fantasy VII)
Catastrophe:
Found: Man on Mt. Corel where Barret and Dyne had their "accident" with Scarlet
Cosmo Memory:
Found: Seto's grave (can be re-entered)
All Creation:
Found: Defeat Godo
Chaos:
Found: Lucrecia's cystal in her cave
Highwind:
Found: Talk to Shera in Rocket Town after getting the Highwind, she has modified it; can be found after the Great Materia thing in Rocket Town

Ultimate Weapon:
Defeat Ultima Weapon for Ultilith, then bring it to the Weapon Smith, the package is sent to Villa Cloud
Umbrella/Princess Guard
Speed Square/Zack's House in Gongaga
Premium Heart
Gotten from Johnny with Tifa in your team
Missing Score
Gotten from Elmyra in Kalm with Barret in your team
Limited Moon
Gotten from Bugenhagen when he's dying
Conformer
Gotten from Godo with Yuffie in your team in a hidden chamber in their house
Cait Sith
HP MEGA Phone
Found in the Temple Ruins where Cait Sith "died" after Cloud is restored in the Lifestream
Death Penalty
Found in Lucrecia's Cave at her crystal when Chaos is obtained.
Venus Gospel
Found in a hidden chamber of the Rocket in Rocket Town as it was Cid's weapon all along and he hid it; can be found after the Great Materia thing in Rocket Town

Mercen-X
05-16-2014, 11:19 PM
Ultimate Weapon:
Defeat Ultima WEAPON for Ultilith, then bring it to the Weapon Smith, the package is sent to Villa Cloud
Where did you come up with Ultilith? Pretty good name. Better than Ultimate Weapon definitely.

Premium Heart
Hmm... neh.

Missing Score
Neh. :greenie:

HP MEGA Phone
Found in the Temple Ruins where Cait Sith "died" after Cloud is restored in the Lifestream
Neh.

Venus Gospel
Hidden chamber of the Rocket Cid's weapon he hid; can be found after the Great Materia thing in Rocket Town
Neh.

Sephiroth
05-16-2014, 11:24 PM
Ultimate Weapon:
Defeat Ultima WEAPON for Ultilith, then bring it to the Weapon Smith, the package is sent to Villa Cloud
Where did you come up with Ultilith? Pretty good name. Better than Ultimate Weapon definitely.

Premium Heart
Hmm... neh.

Missing Score
Neh. :greenie:

HP MEGA Phone
Neh.

Venus Gospel
Hidden chamber of the Rocket Cid's weapon he hid; can be found after the Great Materia thing in Rocket Town
Neh.

Ultilith is just the stone. It is still called "Ultimate Weapon". Lithos means Stone. Ruby, Emerald, Sapphire, Diamond, Jade, Ultilith, Omegalith, Chaolith.

Mercen-X
05-17-2014, 12:04 AM
Ultilith is just the stone. It is still called "Ultimate Weapon". Lithos means Stone. Ruby, Emerald, Sapphire, Diamond, Jade, Ultilith, Omegalith, Chaolith.

Yeah, I got that much. I know what a monolith is. I was just curious if you had heard it before or if you had made it up.

Sephiroth
05-17-2014, 12:05 AM
I made it up.

Alive-Cat
05-21-2014, 05:58 PM
Yeah, why not? To be honest I wouldn't really think of it as the same game. Just another Final Fantasy but one that's a remake of VII. The original will always be there however a remake would go down.

BustaMo
06-13-2014, 01:35 AM
I was always "against" the remake of FFVII. However, after all these years and having played most of the FF games in the series already, I'm for it.

I want to see the remake ONLY IF... they do not change the story up; at all! I would love to see all the characters and enemies and big moments in their updated HD beauty. Give me a remake, only if there's no digression on the plot! I wanna hear Cid's foul mouth come through my surround sound!

Rostum
06-13-2014, 08:43 AM
YES!

Alive-Cat
06-14-2014, 12:27 AM
Yeah every time Barret or Cid bursts out a *&&&^%%(($$$$&&*&*&^^%%&^767869 thing I wanna hear some real swearing

Ayen
06-14-2014, 01:23 AM
I see it getting a M rating in that case.

Delorean
06-14-2014, 02:28 AM

lol does XII even need an HD remake? it's graphics are still pretty decent

But I don't know. Kinda sorta. But sometimes I think no, because there are a lot of moments in the FFX HD remake where the characters are just seemingly staring off into space during conversations and it doesn't feel right. It's kind of like, what's the point of updated models and textures if you aren't going to put in the effort to make everything seem fluid?

It's definitely something I feel like they'd have to rebuild from the bottom up for it to live up to the kind of hype that the game gets.

Rostum
06-14-2014, 09:13 AM
lol does XII even need an HD remake? it's graphics are still pretty decent

Yeah, it pretty much does. It doesn't look too good on a larger HDTV.

Perducci
06-20-2014, 10:04 PM
Complete re-make - Keep the story, characterizations, mini-games, sidequests... Basically just give me FFVII with shiny new-gen graphics and maybe some tweaked gameplay (Materia system could be improved upon and expanded a little. I think all of the characters in VII are way too similar, none of them really have any advantage or disadvantage over the others so it'd be nice if they could mix it up a little - Maybe even focus each character towards their intended job class or something).

Add some optional dungeons and side-quests that tie into and expand upon all of the new stuff that got added in the Compilation games - Just enough to have everything make sense and not enough that it distracts from the main storyline of FFVII.

Even if it's terrible, I'd buy it. Even if they had to stick an M rating on it due to language with characters like Barret and Cid, it'd still probably sell more than the entire FFXIII trilogy has.

Shiva95
06-21-2014, 01:52 PM
I don't want them to change the story, but it would be really awesome to have new graphics!

DarkBahamut
06-22-2014, 04:09 AM
Make it rated M for Tifa nude scenes.

In all seriousness, the nostalgia might be killed. I actually love the polygons, in a way. Like I love the imperfections.

Christmas
06-22-2014, 04:45 AM
I won't mind and hopefully there are a lot more extra contents such as playing the game in Sephiroth's perspective. It will be awesome that the final bosses of the game are Cloud and his butt buddies while you fight them as Sephiroth. :bigsmile:

Oh, and the Aerith killing part, maybe behead her and mince her up just so no more Aerith revival rumours will ever surface. :bigsmile: