For my choices...

Game:
Favorite - Resident Evil 0
Least Favorite - Code Veronica

Male Playable Character:
Favorite - Billy Coen
Least Favorite - Carlos if we count support characters

Female Playable Character:
Favorite - Rebecca Chambers. The amount of work they did to redeem her awful RE1 character with RE0 is astounding.
Least Favorite - Jill Valentine

Normal Enemy:
Favorite - Hunter
Least Favorite - Spiders. They are really dumb and no threat.

Boss:
Favorite - G-Birkin, specifically second or third form
Least Favorite - Giant Bat in REZero. Really lame. Giant Scorpions are scary and the giant centipede had cool music at least.

Tyrant:
Favorite - Proto-Tyrant in 0 or Mr. X in 2
Least Favorite - The one in Code Veronica

Villain:
Favorite - William Birkin
Least Favorite - Albert "Matrix Reject" Wesker

Favorite - Spencer Mansion or Umbrella Training Facility
Least Favorite - Island in RE4

Favorite Music/Soundtrack - I think RE2 had the best overall OST.

However I'll pick a few favorites from my favorites. (If you are going to link vids, please put them in spoilers like I'm doing)

Resident Evil 2 - Second Malformation of G
Possibly the most iconic piece ever to come from an RE game
vyupOLmu9VU

Resident Evil 0 - Save Music
The BEST save room theme.
mW-fy9-eGNo

Resident Evil 4 - "Path To Closure"
The Krauser fight music. I love the tension of the first stage of the fight with him so much and this music is a huge part of it.
27J1RV9jH48

Ayen
05-11-2014, 01:42 AM
It's nice to see Rebecca and Resident Evil 0 get some love.

Game:
Favorite Resident Evil Remake
Least Favorite Resident Evil Survivor

Male Playable Character:
Favorite Chris Redfield
Least Favorite Ark Thompson

Female Playable Character:
Favorite Jill Valentine/Claire Redfield (I can't choose!) Honorable mentions go to Rebecca and Sherry.
Least Favorite Cindy Lennox (I don't hate her, she just came in last)

Normal Enemy:
Favorite Zombies!
Least Favorite The villagers from 4

Boss:
Favorite Nemesis
Least Favorite I don't really have one

Tyrant:
Favorite Nemesis
Least Favorite Didn't care for the guys with the shades in Umbrella Chronicles

Villain:
Favorite Wesker
Least Favorite Alfred Ashford

Least Favorite Island in 4

Favorite Music/Soundtrack No way am I going to be able to choose.

I was a fan of Resident Evil after watching my brother play the original game in 96. I'd play it for a little while but was always too scare to get very far. From there I'd play 2, Nemesis, Survivor (RE does NOT work as a FPS), Code Veronica X, RE Remake, 0, Outbreak Files 1, 2 and RE 4. Only ones I really didn't like from that list was Survivor and 0. I haven't played any RE titles after 4 but I do want to get my hands on Revelations.

I currently own Resident Evil, Resident Evil Director's Cut, Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3 Nemesis, Resident Evil Code Veronica X, Resident Evil Remake, Resident Evil 0, Resident Evil Outbreak 1 & 2 and Resident Evil 4.

Forsaken Lover
05-11-2014, 09:49 AM
This is kind of just a random observation but I watch a lot of REZero LPs on YouTube because I love the game and I love watching people play through it. I've watched maybe 10 or more over the years and a pattern I keep noticing is that it's almost always Europeans playing it. i want to say British people but I'm no good with accents so maybe just somewhere in the UK. 90-95% of the Let's Plays were done by my freinds across the pond and I just never realized that RE was so big over there I guess.

If anybody is good with accents or is actually from the UK and can tell me where these folks are from, that be cool. Or if you just want to watch some cool LPs, here are some vids I highly recommend.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US0uZDpiePs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMEwCFMGt3w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aipqzKzndMA

Aulayna
05-11-2014, 10:14 AM
Favourite Theme
q_rKv5CdCfI

I'll do the rest when I get home!

Old Manus
05-11-2014, 03:03 PM
If anybody is good with accents or is actually from the UK and can tell me where these folks are from, that be cool. Or if you just want to watch some cool LPs, here are some vids I highly recommend.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US0uZDpiePs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMEwCFMGt3w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aipqzKzndMAFirst two are English and the third sounds like he's from Northern Ireland. Never actually heard a Welsh bloke do LPs. Probably because it's still 1978 here and we don't have internet yet.

I love Resident Evil. Can't be bothered to fill in that questionnaire but RE2 is superior and RE4 is good no matter what some people would have you believe.

Shauna
05-11-2014, 03:09 PM
Classic RE music:

0kcF7E69C6Q

Ayen
05-11-2014, 03:14 PM
Anyone else open the main entrance after Wesker and the others were gone?

I did.

Every. Single. Time.

Forsaken Lover
05-11-2014, 08:21 PM
Classic RE music:

0kcF7E69C6Q

The Director's Cut actually had some legitimately good music.

iFO0XeQUiTI

I really like that song.

And I'm gonna plug Zero some more because I love that game and its music.
fmIJ9MCzTdY

Shauna
05-11-2014, 08:27 PM
I know the games have some good tracks. I was just having a gentle poke at that one track that we in the EU region did not have to be subject to. :3

Aulayna
05-11-2014, 08:42 PM
Ah, that explains why I never heard it despite it becoming an internet legend.

Ayen
05-11-2014, 08:56 PM
Was it in the American release? Because I don't remember that track at all.

I could have blocked it from my memory, though. You never know.

Shauna
05-11-2014, 08:58 PM
Yes, it was.

Forsaken Lover
05-12-2014, 12:11 AM
Ya know I never played much of the game so I totally forgot about it but ya know what RE has a fucking BRILLIANT score?

Outbreak 1.
cJD4rrozogk

That right there is easily a contender for Top 5 Songs Ever in a Resi Evil game.

On top of that there was

Ie5b9lDhMcY

And
IhyWtjicgSY

That last one plays during the absolutely beautiful destruction of Raccoon City. Just listen to that song or watch this ending.
xHwP5pfZXBk

That Outbreak OST is easily Top 3 RE Soundtracks for me. It goes 2. 0 and Outbreak.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
05-12-2014, 02:00 AM
Although I've always known about it in popular culture, I don't think I've ever sat and played a Resident Evil before except for a couple minutes of RE4 when I was able to pick it up for cheap at a video rental store getting rid of old stock.

I just bought the first one on PSN. I'm familiar with the story and a few of the characters so I'm looking forward to diving in, for sure.

Forsaken Lover
05-12-2014, 06:21 AM
So how is the voice-acting in RE6 and Revelaitons? (official Capcom spelling) RE's rep for Amazingly Bad Voice-Acting kinda waned over time and I'd say by the time of RE0/4 it was legitimately good.

I'd probably rank the games I know about in terms of voice-acting as....
RE4
RE5
Darkside Chronicles
RE0
Umbrella Chronicles
RE2
RE3
Code Veronica
RE1

Ayen
05-12-2014, 06:35 PM
Revelaitons? (official Capcom spelling)

What the hell, Capcom?

Forsaken Lover
05-12-2014, 08:08 PM
Revelaitons? (official Capcom spelling)

What the hell, Capcom?

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/02/03/resident-evil-revelaitons-misprint-makes-it-to-retail/

I'll never forget that. it's hilarious.

Forsaken Lover
05-14-2014, 04:13 AM
anXHwYhh7MU

That's how it really went down. That stuff in CVX and RE5 was just some fanfiction. Albert got bitchslapped, wet himself, and ran away.

Ayen
05-14-2014, 04:30 AM
Interesting. I never had a Dreamcast so I never knew this scene was changed from the original game. I think I prefer the CVX version of this scene since it shows what Wesker can do without downplaying Alexia and he gets some lines with Chris.

Forsaken Lover
05-14-2014, 04:47 AM
They changed a fair bit in CVX. That scene with Wesker beating up Claire was new I believe. They originally wanted to "tease" the reveal that it was him and he was still alive.

Also Code Veronica Steve had different hair. Poeple say he looked like Leonardo DeCaprio.

Forsaken Lover
05-15-2014, 03:50 AM
Gotta keep this thread alive. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec0rRUC4BA8&NR=1)

Ayen
05-15-2014, 11:06 PM
First it sounded like he was saying Craig. Then train. Now it sounds like he's saying Crane.

Formalhaut
05-15-2014, 11:29 PM
What do people think is next for the series? RE5 and RE6 had a fair mix of reviews.

Shauna
05-15-2014, 11:31 PM
Well, who knows. Maybe Capcom will get over themselves and their fear of releasing a game that won't sell well and make a decent B-Movie Survival Horror type game.

Alternatively, they'll keep going the same way, and make a dumb cover based shooter with zombies maybe.

Ayen
05-15-2014, 11:35 PM
I haven't been following the series since 4. According to some of my friends who follow it closely some think a reboot combining the first three games would be best, others think it has enough stories that it can just go on from here with what they got, then I keep hearing from Shadow Leggeh's channel that Capcom wants to compete with Call of Duty and that's why 6 was the way it was.

Then there are people moaning over Jill's face model change as if we haven't already gone through a kabillion models for her already. The girl's been through enough changes to qualify as a Time Lady.

Forsaken Lover
05-15-2014, 11:44 PM
I'll be honest, I have a weakness for blondes so I'm okay with her new look. Some people call RE5 Jill "Big Nose Jill" I believe but whatever. Some people make fun of Ashley's ears too and they don't bother me.

Also a guy elsewhere linked me to a few cutscenes from RE6. This one is kinda spoilery so be warned.
xo7c7HSliqo

It's not at all what I expected. Whereas 4 was intentionally dumb and 5 was unintentionally dumb, this game seems to be going very much for a very grounded, very serious story focused on character development.

It's interesting if nothing else. Can't say if it was well done but there you are. It's something new at least.

Ayen
05-15-2014, 11:49 PM
I actually wasn't talking about RE 5 Jill. They changed the model her character design is based on in Revelations and there was a 30+ paged thread on the Capcom forum dedicated to bitching about it. I found it humorous at first, then it was just sad.

Blonde Jill didn't bother me. Making her look like a dominatrix kind of bothered me, though.

Forsaken Lover
05-16-2014, 09:51 PM
Capcom Sales Figures, including RE titles obviously
http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/business/million.html

RE4 is surprisingly low. I keep forgetting that for all its revolutionary impact on gaming and beloved status, it has never been the top dog in terms of sales in the franchise.

Original RE1 being so high is interesting though. I thought for a second they were just adding up all the sales from all the crazy number of ports and whatnot but nope, just PS1 and only the original PS1 game at that. But seriously, if you add up every version of RE1's sales, I think it be #1.

That and REZero selling over a million copies (thus being a success, according to this) makes me feel vindicated in those two being the only RE games I care about anymore.