PDA

View Full Version : Ocarina of Time: Who would you have Link develop feelings for?

Lone Wolf Leonhart
05-11-2014, 11:14 PM
In The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Link meets a lot of people throughout his travels in Hyrule. After he saves the world, do you think he would ever go back and settle down with someone?

Would he go back to the forest and live with Saria? Settle down at Lon Lon Ranch? Keep true to his engagement by having the Zora's Sapphire? Even Nabooru said he grew up to be handsome, maybe he'll wait for her. He carries Nayru's Love with him throughout the game. Maybe it's a sign.

Whoever it is, odds are it's not this lady:

Ayen
05-11-2014, 11:19 PM
I think it's clear Link has feelings for Saria. Just the way he interacts with her and how her being revealed as one of the Sages hits him. Hell, even the guidebook had a part where it said he put the Master Sword back in the stone after that moment so he could hang out with Saria in the forest before continuing his journey. I think that's pretty telling.

That said, I wanted to say Zelda at first, but then I realized those were my feelings, not Link's. Zelda is mine, hands off!

Lone Wolf Leonhart
05-11-2014, 11:23 PM
Taking bets on the cucco lady and her milk bottles.

http://i644.photobucket.com/albums/uu166/4X3L/Animated%20Gifs/Zelda-DirtyMagazine.gif~original

Ayen
05-11-2014, 11:26 PM
I could even hear the music.

Dat Matt
05-11-2014, 11:30 PM
Personally, I like the idea of link not getting together with anyone but if I had to make a choice it would be Saria.

The relationship between Zelda and Link is one of duty. She has entrusted him with the task of saving the world, and as the descendant of Hryulian knights it's his obligation to serve the princess. His relationship with her is in no way romantic.

The relationship between Ruto is another one bound out of Honour. She fell for him because he was the first person to not treat her like a princess and save her in her time of trouble. When they reunite 7 years in the future in the water temple, she puts her love for him behind so that they can focus on saving the Zoras

Malon is an odd one. There is never much depth to her character other than Talon being a dick and you helping her out from time to time. Not much to go on there.

His relationship with Saria again is probably the closest thing to love in the game. They grew up together as the lost children, and she is sad when he leaves, but knows he has obligations to fulfil. It would be intersting to see how they would react to one another if he had grown up, and she was not turned into the Forest sage.

Sephiroth
05-11-2014, 11:32 PM
Malon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5m18bfl-jk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eZoxuJGlJc

Jinx
05-12-2014, 12:50 AM
Malon. Even when goes back, they'll all be kids again, the others are destined to be Sages. Malon's really the only way to settle down into a quiet life...everyone is Saying Saria, but even if she didn't become a Sage in their proper time, he'd grow up and she wouldn't.

Sephiroth
05-12-2014, 12:56 AM
Malon is such a waste of character potential that it makes me so sad every time I visit her in Ocarina of Time where she sings in the middle of the farm at night. It feels like she is more than "that girl with the horse". And yet, nothing happens, in non-H-world.

Pike
05-12-2014, 12:58 AM
I always thought Saria was the cutest.

Pumpkin
05-12-2014, 01:03 AM
Taking bets on the cucco lady and her milk bottles.

http://i644.photobucket.com/albums/uu166/4X3L/Animated%20Gifs/Zelda-DirtyMagazine.gif~original

I vote her because of Anju in MM

Lone Wolf Leonhart
05-12-2014, 01:25 AM
everyone is Saying Saria, but even if she didn't become a Sage in their proper time, he'd grow up and she wouldn't.

That's alright. She's just a dwarf, not a child. As far as age and intellect go Link and Saria compliment eachother quite well.

Wolf Kanno
05-12-2014, 01:38 AM
Saria and Malon were my favorites, though in the franchise overall, I would vote Midna. :D

Scotty_ffgamer
05-12-2014, 02:41 AM
Part of me actually does think Ruto, at least in terms of ending up with someone. In my mind, while I played as Link in OoT, he seemed like someone who would take promises pretty seriously. It would sort of be out of duty, but eh. Just give him the Zora mask from Majora's Mask and he's good to go, haha.

Really I don't see him with anyone. I like Malon quite a bit, but he has some chemistry and history with Saria. Of course the Sage thing kind of stops that relationship from happening, I think. Let's say someone else is the Sage in her place. Realistically, I think they'd probably drift apart after he goes on his quest at that point.