PDA

View Full Version : "Leaked Nintendo Digital Event 2014"

Dat Matt
05-11-2014, 11:17 PM
So there has been a leaked schedule of Nintendo's E3 press conference (Nintendo Direct, probably). Source comes from someone who works in Nintendo's European Faction in Germany. Full details can seen here. (http://gameotakublog.wordpress.com/2014/05/10/leaked-nintendo-digital-event-2014/)

Games he said were to be announced.

"WII U
New Zelda game – As they said, Nintendo will finally show us brand new Wii U Zelda. They gonna show us CGI trailer, and also a few minutes of gameplay. It will be true open world Zelda (Elder Scrolls style). It will have two regions, one dark and edgy. Second more colorful, just like Skyward Sword. Game will be playable at E3. Release date: 2015.
Smash Bros Wii U – They will reveal release dates for both versions (SB Wii U in November). Show more gameplay, and presents all fighters and stages. They will also talk about Smash DLC and NFC Figures.
Monolith Soft X (Xenoworld) – Open world jrpg with story mode and cooperation similar to Monster Hunter Games. You can play it alone with AI companions. Release date winter 2014 in Japan and march 2015 in the west.
Bayonetta 2 – Trailer and release date (fall 2014)
FExSMT/Yarn Yoshi – first trailers and release dates (first half of 2015)
Hyrule Warriors – first trailer, release date is October 2014. Hyrule Warriors is final title.
Fatal Frame/Project Zero – first CGI trailer, “coming soon”
Retro Studios Game – New IP, sci-fi action adventure game, first CGI trailer, “coming soon”
New Miyamoto’s game – Lots of Gamepad and NFC gimmicks.
Mario Party U – Nintendo’s holiday game for casual gamers, classic Mario Party, but with NFC figurines.
Pokken – first trailer, Pokemon fighting game from Namco, 2015

NINTENDO 3DS
Smash Bros – more details about 3DS version
Pokemon Omega Ruby/Apha Saphire – trailer, details about game
Tomodachi Life – trailer, details
Yokai Watch/Dragon Quest VII – west release announcement, trailers, details and release dates (autumn-winter 2014)
Metroid 3DS – developed by Next Level Games, classic 2.5D Metroid, trailer, release date: December 2014

Big Reveal of the Event
Star Fox – reboot of the series, developed by Platinum Games. First trailer, CGI and gameplay. Game is mix of Star Fox Adventures and classic Star Fox games. Release date: 2015."

What's the verdict, folks. Does this list seem legitimate?

Ayen
05-11-2014, 11:24 PM
I hope so. I'm liking the sound of the Zelda, Super Smash Bros, Mario, Pokemon, Metroid and whatever Retro Studios has planned. Seeing more of Bayonetta 2 would be most welcomed as well.

Sephex
05-11-2014, 11:27 PM
Nice. Been hoping they'd do a 2.5 Metroid for years now. I know other M was...kinda...in that direction, but I am hoping whatever game this is will be a more traditional "quiet" Metroid, so to speak.

Wolf Kanno
05-11-2014, 11:40 PM
Not a bad line-up to be honest.

Dat Matt
05-11-2014, 11:45 PM
So here's my thoughts (and some comments from the reddit thread I stole the link from)

Wii U
* The games suggested here had already been revealed/announced previously. For the Wii U we know that they were working one Zelda U/ Xenoworld / Smash U / Bayonetta 2 / FE X SMT / Yarn Yoshi / Hyrule Warriors from previous announcements.
* The Details behind Fatal Frame were very recently announced (Apparently I missed it).
* Retro studios finished Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze in February so they'll have had 3 months to get concepts together for a new game.
* A recent investors meeting suggested tha Miyamoto was working on Gamepad related games. NFC is also apparently Nintendo's equivalent to Skylanders and Disney infinity.
* Pokken was recently trademarked as a pokemon fighting game.
Only new thing on the Wii U list is Mario Party U, which is a no brainer really.

3DS
* Localisation of games which are already out in Japan (I think Tomodachi Life, DQVII and Yokai Watch are out)
* News on Pokemon which was revealed a few days ago.
Only "new" news is the Metroid and Starfox news.

This list is interesting for 2 main reasons.
1. 90% of this list isn't news, it's small snippets of information we have already received from other locations, just collaborated.
2. Items such as "New Retro Studios Game" and "New Minamoto" game are too vague. It's unlikely that the projects would not hae a working title to go on.

The list seems plausible, and I am hyped for things like a new 2.5 Metroid game. The rest seems like a collaboration of news we've received already with the assumption that everything will be shown at E3.

Aulayna
05-11-2014, 11:49 PM
Hype is happening. New Zelda and Metroid. It's Christmas all over again!

Also

Big Reveal of the Event
Star Fox – reboot of the series, developed by Platinum Games. First trailer, CGI and gameplay. Game is mix of Star Fox Adventures and classic Star Fox games. Release date: 2015."

Please be true. Please be true. As one of the 3 people who liked Starfox Adventures... please be true.

Dat Matt
05-12-2014, 12:08 AM
I would be interested to see where they put a new star fox game, on Wii u or 3ds. Its not specified.

Del Murder
05-12-2014, 01:36 AM
Hm, Xenoworld sounds less fun as a co-op game.

But new Metroid and Star Fox for 3DS: Yes please!

Scotty_ffgamer
05-12-2014, 02:48 AM
I'm working on a pretty vague memory of Star Fox Adventures, but I could get behind this game IF the flying sections are handled well. I can only remember the beginning flying section in Adventures, and it was way too short and not fun. The rest of the game I enjoyed okay... but the formula was handled better in other games. I just want another good Star Fox game in the same vein as the original/64.

The rest of the news I don't care that much about. I'll be more excited once I actually see the trailers and whatnot, I think. All I know is that the only Pokemon game I really want for the Wii U is a Pokemon Snap game... but that's never going to happen.

AssassinDX
05-12-2014, 11:22 AM
That is badass if true, I'm also thrilled there's nothing mentioned on this supposed 'new console' that's been rumoured here and there.

Dat Matt
05-12-2014, 11:25 AM
Nintendo confirmed that there was no new hardware at this E3.

Bolivar
05-12-2014, 03:19 PM
Pretty good content, could help Nintendo get back on track. I've been waiting for a Metroidvania game on the 3DS, if it looks good enough it might get me to open mine back up again.

AssassinDX
05-12-2014, 04:08 PM
Nintendo confirmed that there was no new hardware at this E3.
Wonderful. The 3DS is still doing quite well and the Wii U could be something special if Nintendo marketed it properly to a proper audience (the casual Wii fans still aren't aware it's an entirely new console), sorted out their first-party games and drummed up third-party support.

Easier said than done I know, but if this leak is even partially true they're off to a great start. Mario Kart and Smash Bros this year and Zelda and Starfox next year should give them the time they need to sort themselves out.

Dat Matt
05-12-2014, 04:32 PM
Only hardware I would be excited to see is some sort of DS loader so that DS games could be played on Wii U. The touchpad's second screen already allows them to bypass the hardware barrier.

Scotty_ffgamer
05-12-2014, 05:27 PM
Haven't they already announced (or at least shown interest in) adding DS games to the e-shop? It would be cool if they actually had hardware to play DS/3DS cartridges on the system. They did similar stuff with the Super Nintendo/Game Boy and Gamecube/GBA. It's been every other system they've released so far, so it would keep up with that tradition, haha.

Vyk
05-17-2014, 07:16 PM
This is eerily similar to a leaked paper a friend of mine posted on Facebook last week. Except instead of Xenoworld, it was called Xenogears: Origin. And both of these kind of confuse me, considering all the footage I saw of it, it played exactly like Xenoblade Chronicles. Everyone presumed (with good reason) it was going to be Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I trust the team to make a good game. But I question their judgement on either options here

The paper I saw had Symphony of the Night 2 listed for Nintendo as well. Which brought the probability of it being true down quite a bit. But other than that, this seems to be almost the same thing. Xeno, and Bayonetta still being the only other two things listed that interest me

Edit: Went back and hunted down the pic my friend posted, and the fact that they both also agree on this Pokemon fighting game and Hyrule Warriors being legit is also telling. I thought Hyrule Warriors was just a concept demo. And who the hell thought Pokemon Fighters would be a good idea? lol

Dat Matt
05-17-2014, 07:20 PM
I think I know the document you're talking about Vyk. I'm sure that was confirmed to be fake. I believe that Square owns the rights to the Xenogears franchise so using it's name for a new game unlinked with them wouldn't happen. Something like that.

Vyk
05-17-2014, 07:24 PM
I presumed it was fake as well. But the things it got right are weird to me. I know there's been footage of Hyrule Warriors, but has there been rumors of this Pokemon game for a while or something? I can't imagine someone just making that up, and then being right about it

Skyblade
05-17-2014, 07:27 PM
I would love to get more news on Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem. Please let us see some actual gameplay. An ATLUS RPG that handles some of my all time favorite characters in gaming. I am so hyped for this. :omgomg:

I'd also love another 2D Metroid title for the 3DS, so that's cool if it's true.

Retro Studios working on another sci-fi action adventure? Metroid Prime was awesome, so I guess we can hope?

Dat Matt
05-17-2014, 07:49 PM
I am pretty hyped for a new Metroid too. I started on fusion which will remain my favourite. I would love to see a new one.

The list is promising and plausible. I'm just excited to see how true it is.

Madame Adequate
05-17-2014, 08:09 PM
That's a better lineup than I would have expected! If they can start getting these things out the door in reasonable time, the WiiU will be looking a lot more tempting in a year or two.

Of course, that means I'm going to be cynical and expect it to be a fake.

Dat Matt
05-17-2014, 08:37 PM
The thing about the lineup is that with a few notable exceptions, all of the games have been announced, or said they were in the works:

Wii U - Smash Bros U, X, Bayonetta 2, Hyrule Warriors are all known titles that are coming out. Nintendo apparently said that they were working on Zelda U, Pokken and fatal frame.

3DS - Smash Bros, Pokemon and Tomodachi Life are all known titles. Yokai Watch, and Dragon Quest VII are out in Japan (I'm sure) but haven't been localised.

A new Miyamoto/Retro Studios/Mario Party games just make sense for Nintendo to be working on, although we are sketchy on the details there. A Metroid 3DS game and a new Star Fox game though, that's the big new items from this list. Those are the two more unknown items on this list.