PDA

View Full Version : Chrono Cross ~ Gotta Catch em' all!

Wolf Kanno
05-12-2014, 05:17 AM
So did anyone ever recruit every character? I know I have not seen every incarnation of Pip but I did actually recruit all 45 characters. Just to make this quick for some people, it takes three playthroughs to recruit every character as you need to do all three Viper Manor infiltration scenarios in order to recruit Guile, Nikki, and Pierre.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
05-12-2014, 07:58 AM
As far as I know, I had every possible character you could acquire within a single playthrough. Then there were just the few stragglers that you could only get through subsequent playthroughs. I only missed people I had to, such as the viper manor scenario.

I haven't played through 3 times. I imagine I might as the years go on, so I figure "eh, I'll get them on the next playthrough".

It helps that new game + has a fast forward function when you're walking. I got Nikki in no time then stopped shortly afterwards(Guile was my first playthrough).

Mercen-X
05-12-2014, 09:08 AM
I started a second playthrough. Don't recall how far I got. I'm pretty sure I've recruited Guile (I recruited Pierre the first time). I know I've used every version of Pip because I got to him to a point where the tipping of his nature just required a bit of in-battle prodding. It was annoying trying to get him to change during the battle (by this time, I was fighting Time Devourer at Terra Tower).

VeloZer0
05-12-2014, 04:08 PM
I've collected them all, once. Now I generaly don't even bother to pick up any other than the ones I plan to used (which are all story characters anyways). Though I 'collected' them all I never did the Pip evolutions because: a) I don't like him, and b) it looked like a pain in the ass.

Colonel Angus
05-13-2014, 02:40 AM
One thing I don't get about this game is that it rewards you for being an @$$hole (sorry, I don't know the board euphemism for that yet). To get Glenn, you have to let Kid "die". To get Leena, you have to tell Kid to get lost. The only good thing is if you don't help Kid, it pisses off KorCHA. DonCHA hate KorCHA?

VeloZer0
05-13-2014, 06:10 AM
Yes, that irked me to. It didn't even occur to me that it was a real choice, I just assumed it was one of those you just have to keep picking until you do what the game developers want. :( And I then lost out on Glenn...

Christmas
04-23-2022, 05:36 AM
I remembered I managed to get all the characters after a few playthrough including dual Einlanzers! :bigsmile:

And Glenn immediately became my favourite character. Was never really fond of the one-dimensional Serge though. :bigsmile: