PDA

View Full Version : Top Five RPGs on the PC

Pike
05-12-2014, 05:13 PM
What are your favorite RPGs on the PC? How about PC exclusive RPGs?

NeoCracker
05-12-2014, 05:14 PM
The answer is Septerra Core: Legacy of the Creator.

For all five.

Also I guess Might and Magic Hero's III if that counts. :p

Fynn
05-12-2014, 05:16 PM
I haven't played a lot, but my faves are definitely Planescape: Torment and the Bladur's Gate series. I also kinda love Icewind Dale, though I still need to dig into part II. Neverwinter Nights was terribly lame until the expansions came along. Those were awesome. Basically, I love the D&D games and it's a shame there's so little of them these days. I've also started Morrowind and I really did enjoy it but I just had to stop playing because for some reason it started to make me feel sick :(

Madame Adequate
05-12-2014, 05:28 PM
This is a difficult topic, damn.

1: Morrowind. I don't believe it has ever been done better than this. I rather like the gameplay myself anyway, but even if I wasn't a big fan, the world-building, setting, and milieu are absolutely without compare.

2: Baldur's Gate Trilogy. Counting the two together because mods can make them into one long game :p But yeah god damn are these some fine games.

3: Deus Ex. Awwwww shit son this is just the most ballin' badass game ever made, fuck yeah running around the future being a seriously overpowered cyborg with the best music ever composed.

4: Fallout. An absolute all-time classic that combines amazing gameplay with an incredible setting.

5: Planet Escape: Tournament. What can change the nature of a man? This. This game can.

Wolf Kanno
05-12-2014, 07:51 PM
Never been a fan I'm afraid but I guess I would say BattleTech: Crescent Hawk's Inception. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BattleTech:_The_Crescent_Hawk%27s_Inception)
I still have KotOR on my steam account so I guess I should eventually get around to it.

blackmage_nuke
05-12-2014, 07:57 PM
In vague order

Might and Magic VII
KoTOR
Skyrim
Might and Magic VIII
Morrowind

I dont love the last 2 but I cant think of many PC RPGs I've played.

I dont know if Magicka is an RPG but if it is then stick that in there instead place of Morrowind

Bolivar
05-12-2014, 09:37 PM
Everquest, Ultima III, Diablo II, Oblivion and The Witcher.

Fynn
05-12-2014, 09:39 PM

Yay for the Witcher! Haven't played the games yet, but I love the books :D Poland FTW!

And don't talk about Diablo II to me. That was the only game ever that I ragequit.

escobert
05-12-2014, 11:25 PM
Top 5 would be

Fallout 3
Oblivion
Diablo 2
Guild Wars
KoTOR
and I'd say my favorite PC exclusive would be Guild Wars.

Bolivar
05-13-2014, 02:26 AM

Yay for the Witcher! Haven't played the games yet, but I love the books :D Poland FTW!

I recall that! I actually love the books too despite reading what most agree to be abysmal English localizations.

Fynn
05-13-2014, 06:04 AM

I recall that! I actually love the books too despite reading what most agree to be abysmal English localizations.

Do not worry. I am currently on my translation course, working on my writing myself. Hopefully, I will someday get a chance to relocalize them ;)

Miss Mae
05-13-2014, 06:19 AM
Might and Magic VII
Might and Magic X
Skyrim
Might and Magic VI
Probably Morrowind, but I never did play it enough.

Skyblade
05-13-2014, 06:36 AM
The answer is Septerra Core: Legacy of the Creator.

For all five.

Also I guess Might and Magic Hero's III if that counts. :p

I concur with the Septerra Core placement.

I don't play a lot of unported RPGs on the PC, to be honest. I mean, even Mass Effect was originally an XBOX game, even though I'd never dream of playing it on one.

Septerra Core: Legacy of the Creator
Planescape: Torment
World of Warcraft (back when it was still good)
Star Wars: The Old Republic
Guild Wars

Spuuky
05-16-2014, 10:47 PM
Fallout 2
Gothic 1
Gothic 2
Morrowind
Dragon Age 1

This list is pretty much the best.

Ayen
05-16-2014, 11:56 PM
MMOs count? Cool, makes this easier.

1.) Dragon Age II
2.) KOTOR II
3.) KOTOR
4.) Star Trek Online
5.) The Old Republic

Honorable mentions goes to Guild Wars, City of Heroes, Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines, and DC Universe Online.

blackmage_nuke
05-17-2014, 01:48 AM
I completely forgot about Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines. Wonderful game, and it's lack of commercial success and popularity is a shame, I wouldve liked to see the company continue to make things.

Laddy
05-20-2014, 03:53 PM
Planescape: Torment, Baldur's Gate II, Might & Magic VII, Fallout 2, Ultima IV