PDA

View Full Version : Sidequests?

Wolf Kanno
05-13-2014, 04:18 AM
So what kind of sidequests are you hoping to see in Final Fantasy XV, which ones would you prefer they stay away from besides the MMO "collect X amount Y from enemy Z" quests that are so popular in those games.

black orb
05-13-2014, 05:49 AM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/rodv/windowcleaner.jpg

>>> Skyscraper window cleaning..:luca:

Fynn
05-13-2014, 06:25 AM
I want them to be similar to Xenoblade. Varied.

Psychotic
05-13-2014, 07:37 AM
I wonder if we'll have some Assassin's Creed style free running, find-the-200-feathers sidequests. Judging on orb's picture, that is!

Also I can't help but wonder how chocobos fit into this world.

metagloria
05-13-2014, 04:51 PM
Absolutely anything, provided there are lots of them. But they should be a little more like Xenoblade/Skyrim and less like XIV, which had some of the most asinine "go talk to this person who's standing literally 5 feet away" quests I've ever seen.

Del Murder
05-15-2014, 02:16 PM
Quests with whimsy and variety.

Aulayna
05-16-2014, 07:12 PM
Something that doesn't involve dodging lightning strikes 200 times! Something more along the lines of Anju and Kafei from Majora's Mask, actually helping denizens of the world.

Del Murder
05-17-2014, 05:44 AM
Even though the lightning was tedious, it was at least unique. I'd prefer a challenge like that rather than 50 billion mark hunts as the only side quest.

Pumpkin
05-17-2014, 05:46 AM
Something that doesn't involve dodging lightning strikes 200 times! Something more along the lines of Anju and Kafei from Majora's Mask, actually helping denizens of the world.

I agree with this. I would like a lot of sidequests like in MM, and also some like Chocobo Hot & Cold

sharkythesharkdogg
05-17-2014, 05:52 AM
I want to side quest to obtain the Foreigner Belt.

Any one who doesn't like Foreigner is a nerd. On the moon, nerds have their pants pulled down and they are spanked with moon rocks.

Also sidequests that open up or explain further different aspects of the over all story, or side stories for some of the characters.

Jinx
05-17-2014, 03:32 PM

I'm not a fan of Majora's Mask, but I really like the suggestion of having sidequests that help people in the world. Make it seem a lot more realistic and rewarding.

Psychotic
05-17-2014, 04:06 PM
You guys should play Lightning Returns then. That is the entire premise of the game!

fat_moogle
05-18-2014, 01:55 AM
I'm all for the skyscraper window cleaning xD maybe you could pick up any quests from the job centre. This IS a fantasy based on reality, after all ;p

Perducci
05-19-2014, 12:50 PM
Hoping for plenty of sidequests. It'd be nice to have at least one optional sidequest for each of the playable characters. It'd be awesome if they managed to re-introduce something like the ATE's from FFIX.

Mostly I'm hoping for some Chocobo stuff, and a Blitzball/Triple Triad style minigame that I can sink hours into...

Loony BoB
05-19-2014, 02:10 PM
I don't care what anyone says, I would play the crap out of a Noctis Window Cleaning Service minigame. xD Nice one, black orb.

Other than that, just fun things like chocobo racing, card games, monster collecting/growing/fighting (Final Pokémon Fantasy), lots of platforming-related stuff because of his ability to teleport. I hope that there will be decent reward for exploration, too, and some optional dungeons that are off the beaten path. Wouldn't object to a FPS minigame either, since there have been FPS elements shown off beforehand (I think?). Would be cool to suddenly see the world in first person whenever you want to.

Imagine free-running through a city as Noctis, teleporting here and there, in first person (Mirror's Edge style, but with teleporting). That would be awesome.

Del Murder
05-20-2014, 09:32 PM
I don't care what anyone says, I would play the crap out of a Noctis Window Cleaning Service minigame. xD Nice one, black orb.
Same here. That kind of random crap is one of the things that made this series so great. I want innovative mini-games and quests: Chocobo Hot & Cold, Triple Triad, Phoenix Cave, Gold Saucer, Blitzball, these are some of the greatest moments in the older games and everything after FFXI has nothing 'different' like that (XIV might).

Depression Moon
05-20-2014, 10:05 PM
I don't know if you any of actually want that mini game though. Did any of you enjoy those mini games in Kingdom Hearts II?

Del Murder
05-20-2014, 10:18 PM
Well yeah you have to make it fun. But if you use your imagination even a window washing game could be fun. Does SE have any imagination left? Time will tell.

Skyblade
05-23-2014, 12:35 AM
I don't know if you any of actually want that mini game though. Did any of you enjoy those mini games in Kingdom Hearts II?

Actually, I did enjoy the minigames in Kingdom Hearts II. I wish they hadn't shoved them down your throat at the beginning, but I liked them.

In fact, the pacing for them was horrible all the way around. They were all in the same world. So you got them early on, and then you didn't get any during the majority of the game, only to have them all deluge you again with the Journal requirements once you got back to the world.

Final Fantasy VII handled it much better. They were scattered across the game, and only part of the story in minor ways. You only unlocked snowboarding or the sub game once you had already done them in the story, but could then revisit them at the hub. So they were paced out over the game. Plus you had the Fort Condor minigame, which was entirely separate from the Gold Saucer.

That's how minigames should be handled.

As to sidequests? Look to Chrono Trigger and Bravely Default.

Psychotic
05-23-2014, 08:09 AM
Fort Condor remains one of my favourite FF minigames and I wish we'd seen more of it.