PDA

View Full Version : Women, where do you want to eat?

Sephex
05-15-2014, 07:38 AM
Relax, the poll is a joke.

Actual point of thread: Do you, no matter the gender, find it hard to decide to go where to eat if you are in a group setting, be it a relationship or group of friends? How about alone?

Before you move this into the food forum, I decided to put it in general chat because it really isn't exactly about food, but more of a decision making process sort of deal

Me? No problem when I am alone. I also got pretty good at steering indecisive people over the years.

Pumpkin
05-15-2014, 07:42 AM
You decide is a serious argument my boyfriend and I have everytime we go out to eat. We even make up stories about how we were totally the last one to pick and we picked [insert random restaurant] because of [insert lie] and so now its your turn to pick.

Psychotic
05-15-2014, 07:58 AM
Yeah I always seem to have this problem too and I'm absolutely guilty of it as well. Restaurant Stalemate seems to hit no matter what stage of a relationship I am in! I REFUSE TO PICK. No not there.

Yamaneko
05-15-2014, 08:07 AM
The women love eating Yams.

Bubba
05-15-2014, 08:50 AM
I think restaurant-wise me and Sophie are pretty good. We have our favourites and we tend to stick to them. Strada is our go-to place but we'll also be fine with Pizza Express, Gusto or Dough Pizza Kitchen if the mood takes us.

Deciding what we want for tea can be another matter. I think sometimes we're both a bit too nice and want to let the other person decide. We never fall out over it though.

Loony BoB
05-15-2014, 08:56 AM
Danielle and I tend to decide which kind of food we want and then go from there. We had Thai for our 8th anniversary the other day, it was lovely. :)

Chris
05-15-2014, 09:39 AM
Victor can't eat anything that isn't pasta, so our choices are limited. ;_;

Shauna
05-15-2014, 10:28 AM
I can never decide what I want to eat. Matt likes to say that he chooses where we eat every time, but really, if he suggests somewhere and I don't fancy it, we don't go there. xD I vaguely make the decisions!

Jiro
05-15-2014, 12:06 PM
I have identified that, in decision making situations like these where there is no objective answer and other people's feelings and desires come into play, I am almost physically unable to make a decision. I become an anxious wreck. I have an intense fear of suggesting something that people don't want to eat, and a worse fear of suggesting something they don't want to eat but that they go along with anyway because they are afraid to complain and then they don't enjoy themselves. I eat everything so you fucking decide because you're the one that has preferences. SMURF.But yeah. I'm easy to please so it makes it really hard for me to decide on things.

blackmage_nuke
05-15-2014, 12:19 PM
Food Court. Bam problem solved

Miss Mae
05-15-2014, 12:38 PM
I have identified that, in decision making situations like these where there is no objective answer and other people's feelings and desires come into play, I am almost physically unable to make a decision. I become an anxious wreck. I have an intense fear of suggesting something that people don't want to eat, and a worse fear of suggesting something they don't want to eat but that they go along with anyway because they are afraid to complain and then they don't enjoy themselves. I eat everything so you smurfing decide because you're the one that has preferences. SMURF.But yeah. I'm easy to please so it makes it really hard for me to decide on things.
Hungry Jacks? Yes. Hungry Jacks.

I'm pretty terrible at making decisions about what to cook/eat, particularly since I'm quite fussy so it's generally on me to figure it out - I'm the one that won't eat certain things, so I should decide what the plan is. Sometimes I get hella cravings though so I am compelled to eat certain foods - that makes it easier, but those foods are almost never healthy...

Jessica
05-15-2014, 12:59 PM
I think restaurant-wise me and Sophie are pretty good. We have our favourites and we tend to stick to them. Strada is our go-to place but we'll also be fine with Pizza Express, Gusto or Dough Pizza Kitchen if the mood takes us.

Deciding what we want for tea can be another matter. I think sometimes we're both a bit too nice and want to let the other person decide. We never fall out over it though.

Yes, my husband and I have this problem. We both want to let the other person decide, so... it usually takes us a while to figure out where we are going to eat! But if I'm being honest, it usually is me that gets the final decision! :)

noxious.sunshine
05-15-2014, 01:50 PM
Ugh. I can never decide.There's 93890429 restaurants within a 1 mile radius of me. We order in a lot, and I will stare at my phone for an hour trying to decide what I want. Usually our go-to is this place called Daro's that's right around the corner, 'cuz it's cheap, but I've actually been getting tired of them lately.

And with the absence of chain places, it makes it even harder. There's an Outback & RedLobster in the Target shopping center, but that's all I know of that's in our close vicinity.

Calliope
05-15-2014, 03:56 PM
When I'm really hungry, I lose the ability to make any decisions or think coherently do anything other than shiver and mumble "help me please" :(

theundeadhero
05-15-2014, 04:53 PM
It's not that I'm indecisive, it's that I seriously don't care where we eat. Pick anywhere and it's going to be okay. If I see you're not picking something I'll usually narrow it down to two or three choices and then hope you can pick from them. If you still can't I'll pick something and be like you had a chance...

Pike
05-15-2014, 04:56 PM
I've reached a point where thanks to my IBS and assorted digestive issues it's REALLY narrowed down where I can eat so I rarely have to deal with this problem anymore.

Granted, it also means I can only eat out at like two or three places total, so it's a double-edged sword.

Shorty
05-15-2014, 06:12 PM
I am terrible at this. I always want to accommodate the other person as I am usually up for anything. Don't make me the decision-maker! My choice will be judged on the quality of the restaurant and meal!

Jess
05-15-2014, 07:24 PM
We usually decide what type of food we want first to narrow down the options!

I don't usually mind, just not a seafood restaurant (that serves nothing other than seafood!) because once I got really sick from seafood and now can't face eating it. I don't eat steak, either, but pretty much all steak places serve a few alternatives that I like.

I won't lie though, I have definitely been guilty of "NO DONT MAKE ME CHOOSE.... Nah, I don't want to go there!"

Pumpkin
05-15-2014, 07:31 PM
I don't do the "you choose... no not there" but I do accidentally do this:

Me: You choose
Him: Okay how about [insert restaurant]
Me: Okay :mad:
Him: ... You don't look like you want to go there
Me: No, it's fine, we should go there :-/
Him: ... Are you sure? I feel like you don't really like it
Me: No, I like it okay :eep:

I don't do it on purpose, I'm just really bad at hiding my feelings

Aulayna
05-18-2014, 01:23 PM
In a group setting it's always a massive pain in the rear. When I lived in London it was never really an issue, as somehow I was friends with people who all had similar tastes and were generally just more interested in enjoying food in good company, than what the food itself was.

Now in Ireland, trying to arrange going out for a meal - for like a birthday or something - is just a massive chore. There's always someone that doesn't like X restaurant for some really petty reason, or doesn't like Y food or will only come if we go to Z restaurant. As a result we usually end up going to the same place every time, even though in casual conversation most of the people involved say they don't really like the place. The mind boggles.

Now I just limit the invitations to people I know aren't fussy, and if anyone else wants to come then they can feel free too. If not they can sort themselves out and link up with us later on.

If I'm on my own I'm not indecisive at all, I get agoraphobic sometimes and I also hate queues - so whichever place is currently the least occupied tends to get my custom.

Rantz
05-18-2014, 04:28 PM
http://i.imgur.com/4RdR5zs.jpg

fire_of_avalon
05-18-2014, 05:03 PM
I DON'T KNOW I JUST KNOW I DON'T WANT TO GO THERE.

Raistlin
05-18-2014, 05:35 PM
It's not that I'm indecisive, it's that I seriously don't care where we eat. Pick anywhere and it's going to be okay. If I see you're not picking something I'll usually narrow it down to two or three choices and then hope you can pick from them. If you still can't I'll pick something and be like you had a chance...

This is what I generally do. I am virtually incapable of caring about such things, and can find something pretty much anywhere that I will be fine with. And I can eat the same thing for lunch every day, so no, I don't care if we just had Chinese yesterday.

Madame Adequate
05-18-2014, 05:38 PM
So what you're saying is you two are women.

Scotty_ffgamer
05-18-2014, 05:51 PM
I generally honestly don't care where I eat when my friends want to go out. There are some specific types of food I don't like, but if I'm with a large group of people I just go along for the ride and don't say anything. With my parents or if I'm with like 1 other friend, I'll usually just say "I don't care, just not seafood" or something like that. My dad usually gets mad at this and says that obviously I do care where I eat and have something specific in mind.

I've not had a girlfriend in 5 or 6 years, but it was never a problem then. Usually it was just one of us saying "Hey, let's go to Chipotle!" or some other restaurant, and that was that.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
05-18-2014, 07:48 PM
I solve this problem by being single and cooking for myself.

Occasionally I choose Taco Bell. Taco Bell is never the wrong choice.

Colonel Angus
05-18-2014, 07:57 PM
Other Person: What do you want to eat?

Me: IDK, what do you want to eat?

Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

Dat Matt
05-18-2014, 08:00 PM
I can never decide what I want to eat. Matt likes to say that he chooses where we eat every time, but really, if he suggests somewhere and I don't fancy it, we don't go there. xD I vaguely make the decisions!

She falls into the "No, not that place. Or the next few suggestions." catagory.

I'll suggest a couple of places, and it's either hit with a No, or a "Yeah sure". I always suggest things though, I don't think she's ever suggested anywhere to eat in her life.

Madame Adequate
05-18-2014, 08:43 PM

Mirage
05-18-2014, 10:23 PM
Oh I'm good at this. I just say "we're going there, unless anyone's got a better idea". And then I'll drag everyone there even if they say no if they don't have a better idea.

Denmark
05-19-2014, 02:10 AM
I have this problem. Rob's equally bad, though. Still, haha, this thread. xD

Me: "What do you want to eat?"
Sam: "Food."
Me: "From where?"
Sam: "The food store!"

this conversation occurs every weekend

Bubba
05-19-2014, 11:23 AM

I've eaten there and I thoroughly recommend it.

Iceglow
05-19-2014, 11:48 AM
Normally when I'm heading out on a date with a girl they get to choose, whatever pops in to mind when they're asked will be what we have. This has led to me going to a few places I'd have never chosen for myself. However, I find it easier to just immediately go "Yeah sure" than argue. I am rarely in the position of having to choose but that is easily countered by "well where do you want to meet/go?" which leaves me the whole "I don't know that many places round that way" escape. Apart from when they say "Wimbledon" or "The West End" because there I really do know too many.

Alive-Cat
05-19-2014, 05:39 PM

Tigmafuzz
05-19-2014, 06:45 PM
I usually cook, so we don't have this problem ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Whenever somebody else wants to go out though, I almost never pick. Because if nobody else can decide where they want to go, then I just say pizza. Always pizza.

Mmmmm pizza.

Shiny
05-21-2014, 04:02 PM
Typically I'm horrible at making decisions, but I end up choosing where to eat most of the time mostly because there's a lot I can't eat. I remember one time pretty much all the group except me and my friend Kristine wanted to eat at a place that only served Mac and cheese. Being lactose intolerant I was like hell nah and we vetoed that decision.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
05-21-2014, 11:43 PM
I remember one time pretty much all the group except me and my friend Kristine wanted to eat at a place that only served Mac and cheese.Show me this place so I can move in upstairs.

Shaibana
05-26-2014, 09:41 PM
ill go anywhere where they have tomato soup and spare-ribs.

at home its more of a problem

me: ''what do you want to eat?''
him: '' i dont know, what do you want to eat?''
me: '' .. .. .. i dont know''

20 minutes later

me: '' you already know what you want to eat?''
him: '' i dont care, just get something''
me: '' ok, ill get (name something''
him: '' iiiieeewww no!''

now repeat this from the beginning

Jessweeee♪
05-26-2014, 10:14 PM
Me and my boyfriend do this.

i'm hungry
me too
wanna go somewhere
definitely
where should we go
idk
um how about takeniwa
no i dont feel like sushi what about ihop
no i only go there for pancakes and i don't want any now
let's just buy a tub of potato salad at the grocery store and split it at my house