PDA

View Full Version : Stupid song lyrics

Bubba
05-15-2014, 10:43 AM
Do ever ever hear or read song lyrics and just think to your self "what the hell were they thinking?"

Someone recently sent me the lyrics to Horny by Mousse T. OK, it's hardly a classic song but makes you question what kind of fucktards are actually writing this crap?

Here are two lines from the second chorus.

I search from town to town but I still can't find my bird
I got so desperate that I sent a rocket to the moon

I mean what the actual fuck? If it is an actual bird she is looking for then checking random towns is hardly gonna help. Check the skies, genius.

Also, I really don't understand how an independent space program will reap any rewards... the financial implications are staggering! Not to mention that if the bird is there, then there is 100% chance that the bird will be dead.

What song lyrics have you heard that you hate... or just don't make any sense?

Pike
05-15-2014, 10:46 AM
That song "Drive By" by Train bugs me because it goes from having a great lyric to a dumb one in a matter of seconds

"You moved to West L.A. or/New York or Santa Fe or/Wherever to get away from me" = I love this line, it rolls off the tongue and is just fun to say.

Then after the chorus he says something about how "My love for you went viral" and it sounds so dumb to me :stare: Your love went viral? So like, everyone on Facebook was talking about it, or...?

Jiro
05-15-2014, 11:58 AM
THEY'RE METAPHORS :nonono:

(sometimes awkward metaphors but)

EDIT: can a staff member who is feeling funny please edit some kind of hipster douchebag pretentious twatty image in here because I feel like my post needs it. otherwise please pretend there is one here

Spooniest
05-15-2014, 12:07 PM
If it is an actual bird she is looking for then checking random towns is hardly gonna help. Check the skies, genius.

Um..."bird" is 60's Brit slang for "girl." And hyperbole is commonplace in songwriting...

But I still haven't figured out what the hell "a bustle in my hedgerow" is supposed to be, or why I would be alarmed, now.

Bubba
05-15-2014, 02:26 PM
Yeah, fair enough. Maybe I took that song a bit too literally.

But if someone could explain these lyrics to me/defend their stupidity then I would be most grateful...

'Cause you were Romeo, I was a scarlet letter, and my Daddy said stay away from Juliet - Taylor Swift

Only time will tell if we can stand the test of time - Van Halen

She'll think I'm Superman not Super Minivan, how could you leave on Yom Kippur - Train

I kick plenty of ass, so call me an astronaut - Dr Dre

If the light is off, then it isn't on - Hilary Duff

Quindiana Jones
05-15-2014, 02:37 PM
Swift is talking about Howlers.

Spooniest
05-15-2014, 02:38 PM
'Cause you were Romeo, I was a scarlet letter, and my Daddy said stay away from Juliet - Taylor Swift

This line, and in fact this whole song, is shit. I fucking hate that song for the way it made her career while being utter shit.

Jiro
05-15-2014, 02:48 PM
Only time will tell if we can stand the test of time - Van Halen

If the light is off, then it isn't on - Hilary Duff

These two seem pretty straightforward to me. You can't tell if you're going to stand the test of time until the test of time actually transpires. And yeah, if lights aren't on, then they are most definitely off. :ffviwag:

Bubba
05-15-2014, 03:09 PM
They may be straight forward, but that doesn't stop them being stupid.

Spooniest
05-15-2014, 03:21 PM
Then there's "I'm looking for a lover who won't blow my cover," from the Eagles (actually Jackson Browne), and "I been given just a minion, I been walkin' that there line" from Kid Rock. Even the Beatles are no exception, but they always manage to pull stupid songs into the realm of greatness.

Take, "Oh, Darling," (which I love) for example:

Oh, Darling
Please believe me
I'll never do you no harm
Believe me when I tell you
I'll never do you no harm

Oh, Darling
If you leave me
I'll never make it alone
Believe me when I beg you
Don't ever leave me alone

WHEN YA TOLD ME
YOU DIDN'T NEED ME ANYMORE
WELL, YOU KNOW, I NEARLY BROKE DOWN AND CRIED
WHEN YA TOLD ME
YOU DIDN'T NEED ME ANYMORE
WELL, YOU KNOW, I NEARLY FELL DOWN AND DIED

...And so on. Just reading the lyrics, they sound dumb and cliche...

But then you listen to the song...

06zs7iISYi8

And suddenly these stupid lyrics make perfect sense...can't explain it.

Btw, that reminds me of another one, from The Who:

"It's alarming how charming it is to be a-farming"

LunarWeaver
05-15-2014, 07:20 PM
Periods, we all get periods
Every month, that’s what the theory is

Does Lily Allen think they're real or not?

Pike
05-15-2014, 07:30 PM
If it is an actual bird she is looking for then checking random towns is hardly gonna help. Check the skies, genius.

Um..."bird" is 60's Brit slang for "girl." And hyperbole is commonplace in songwriting...

I do like that you're telling the Brit about British slang :tongue:

Sephex
05-15-2014, 08:46 PM
Nope. Nothing anyone will post will top this. It also has the added bonus of being so bad, you won't know if you should laugh or recoil in horror from your screen.

XR9d4ESlpHY

Miss Mae
05-16-2014, 03:54 AM

'Every month' is the theory, not periods themselves. They don't always come every month. /TMI :p

Pumpkin
05-16-2014, 07:48 AM
Your daddy must've been a drug dealer
Why?
I don't know

I had to ride to school with some people who had interesting taste in music

Also, this whole song:

ZtMW7h52qQM

That's a rap song so you know... don't play it in front of your bosses and grandmas

maybee
05-17-2014, 01:08 PM

EDIT: can a staff member who is feeling funny please edit some kind of hipster douchebag pretentious twatty image in here because I feel like my post needs it. otherwise please pretend there is one here

http://www.mtv.com/crop-images/2014/04/13/tfios%20metaphor.gif

Miss Mae
05-17-2014, 01:10 PM

http://www.mtv.com/crop-images/2014/04/13/tfios%20metaphor.gif
I was disappointed that it took so long for somebody to make this joke. Thank you for stepping up to the plate so I didn't have to do it.

maybee
05-17-2014, 01:12 PM
^ Anytime

Jiro's post was just begging for it, like Jiro secretly knew. 8D

Miss Mae
05-17-2014, 01:25 PM
If I didn't explicitly know, then he definitely did subconsciously.

Spooniest
05-17-2014, 04:39 PM
Yummy yummy yummy I got love in my tummy and I feel like loving you

Lone Wolf Leonhart
05-17-2014, 05:33 PM
http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/153553-Without-EoFF-(parody-about-the-server-move)

lol.

Shiny
05-21-2014, 02:07 AM

'Every month' is the theory, not periods themselves. They don't always come every month. /TMI :p
At first I was laughing, but then that put shit in to perspective. For her though she probably never knows when her's are coming. /she'sawhoreprobablyandbasically

Also, Bubba moved your thread to The Longue as that seems more appropriate. Hope you don't mind. I have a few of my own.

Anything Lil Wayne says is horrible case in point:

"Jumped on the celly, called Makaveli/He say he was gravy, I say I was jelly"

"I'm a diamond in the rough like a baby in the trash"

"If these walls could talk, they probably won't shut up/I need some wallpaper, before they start to fuss."

Shaibana
05-26-2014, 09:49 PM
i can name a 100
but ill stick to the serious singers

Shakira, ive always prefered to listen to her spanish songs becaus i dont understand them :P
as much as i like her english songs, sometimes i really listen to the words and think ''well... pretty weird/bad actually''