PDA

View Full Version : 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Psychotic
05-15-2014, 05:33 PM
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e373/photobucketamazingness/Fifa-World-Cup-2014-groups-iAfricatv_-e1387479458738_zps62a4c75e.jpg

Balls on the line, who's going to win the bloody thing? I think one of Brazil, Argentina, Spain or Uruguay. Mayyyyyyybe Germany.

Shauna
05-15-2014, 05:37 PM
I don't really know! But I always root for ol' faithful Spain.

Old Manus
05-15-2014, 06:13 PM
Home by 5:30? Pshaw, slacker.

Also, PREDICTIONS:

Group A: Brazil, Mexico
Group B: Chile, Spain (Holland bottle it, Chile turn out to be boss (they are my tip to go far))
Group C: Colombia, Japan (Colombia will like the South American conditions, so will Japan, Ivory Coast have always been overrated)
Group D: Uruguay, Italy (England just aren't good enough)
Group E: France, Equador (humongous backhanders for France to burgle their way into the finals and then draw the easiest group. They wouldn't make it out of any others)
Group F: Argentina, Nigeria (It's the 2002 World Cup in an alternate reality!)
Group G: Germany, USA (On goal difference)
Group H: South Korea, Belgium (Tricky group, none of the teams are particularly good)

Which means...

Round of 16
Brazil beat Spain
Chile beat Mexico
Italy beat Colombia
Uruguay beat Japan
France beat Nigeria
Argentina beat Equador
Germany beat Belgium
South Korea beat USA (a last minute winner at 2-2)

Quarter finals
Brazil beat Italy
Uruguay beat Chile
Germany beat France
Argentina beat South Korea

Semi finals
Germany beat Brazil on penalties
Uruguay beat Argentina thanks to a Luis Suarez handball hat trick

Final
Germany beat Uruguay

GERMANY CONFIRMED AS WINNERS OF FIFA WORLD CUP 2014

Psychotic
05-15-2014, 06:18 PM
Home by 5:30? Pshaw, slacker.I'm out the door at 5 dead on. :cool: I only live 5 minutes away from the office too.

AssassinDX
05-15-2014, 07:06 PM
Going with the hosts for this one.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/10501412/World-Cup-2014-Wallchart-Predictor-Game.html

Group A - Brazil, Mexico
Group B - Spain, Netherlands
Group C - Japan, Columbia
Group D - Uruguay, Italy
Group E - France, Ecuador
Group F - Argentina, Bosnia
Group G - Germany, Portugal
Group H - Russia, Belgium

Round of 16

Brazil beat Netherlands
Italy beat Japan
France beat Bosnia
Germany beat Belgium
Spain beat Mexico
Uruguay beat Columbia
Argentina beat Ecuador
Portugal beat Russia

Quarter Finals

Brazil beat Italy
Germany beat France
Spain beat Uruguay
Argentina beat Portugal

Semi-Finals

Brazil beat Germany
Spain beat Argentina

Third Place Playoff

Germany beat Argentina

Final

Brazil beat Spain

The Captain
05-16-2014, 02:12 AM
Group A: Brazil, Mexico
Group B: Spain, Chile
Group C: Ivory Coast, Japan
Group D: Uruguay, England
Group E: France, Switzerland
Group F: Argentina, Bosnia
Group G: Germany, USA
Group H: Russia, Belgium

Round of 16:
Brazil over Chile
Spain over Mexico
England over Ivory Coast (Gerrard's revenge on Yaya)
Uruguay over Japan
France over Bosnia
Argentina over Switzerland
Germany over Belgium
USA over Russia (USA, USA!)

Quarterfinals:

Brazil over England
Germany over France
Uruguay over Spain
Argentina over USA

Semifinal:

Germany over Brazil
Argentina over Uruguay

Third place:
Brazil over Uruguay

Final:
Argentina over Germany

Top three scorers:
Leo Messi
Luis Suarez
Miroslav Klose (Ageless wonder!)

Cannot wait for this to start!

Take care all.

Freya
05-16-2014, 02:23 AM
Crap, our first group is with Germany? Fuck. We wont even make it far. :/

escobert
05-16-2014, 02:50 AM
North Korea will win!

Psychotic
05-16-2014, 01:27 PM
Sadly True Korea didn't qualify this year.

blackmage_nuke
05-16-2014, 01:36 PM
Boy are you going to be embarassed when all of the countries you've racistly excluded from your poll make it to the second stage :colbert:

Jiro
05-16-2014, 01:40 PM
I wish Australia wasn't in such a hard group but at least getting fucking thrashed might indicate to the people in charge that we need to not be fielding the same team from '06. You can't relive the past. Play some good, younger players who can work up to the World Cup and hopefully play well. I'm still fucking pissed Italy robbed us in '06 btw. I voted Spain but only because I want my bracket to win overall. Probably should've gotten on board with the Netherlands because it's doubtful Spain will backup after the 2010 win.

Quindiana Jones
05-16-2014, 02:03 PM
I feel this is Bosnia's year.

Also, I love how England have already started making excuses as to why they're going to be shit. :D

Psychotic
05-16-2014, 02:20 PM
I voted Uruguay to be different :D Also because it's in South America and imho Suarez and Cavani is the best strikeforce on the planet.
Boy are you going to be embarassed when all of the countries you've racistly excluded from your poll make it to the second stage :colbert:It's happened before. Ukraine got all the way to the quarters in '06 despite not being on my poll! But it won't happen for Australia. I'm pissed off about it too, I've got your lot in the work sweepstake.

Also, I love how England have already started making excuses as to why they're going to be trout. :DI prefer it to the usual tub-thumping GOLDEN GENERATION SPIRIT OF 66 THREE LIONS HERE WE GO bulltrout.

Jiro
05-16-2014, 03:01 PM
glad to see your concern is genuine :roll2

Psychotic
05-16-2014, 03:09 PM
You've got players from sodding League One in your squad. Although that's probably still better than the A-League standard. Where are the Vidukas and Kewells? Even a Brett bloody Emerton would've filled me with some hope.

Pete for President
05-16-2014, 04:24 PM
Since when is Belgium back in the World Cup? I don't think they've been in here for ages.

My country is gonna fail hard versus Spain and Chile. Heck I even fear the worst when they face Australia.

Brazil is going to take it home. It'll be a South American final. Maybe the Germans.

black orb
05-16-2014, 04:29 PM
>>> This WC is hard to predict. Brazil are the locals now so they will do anything to not suck.
I think they will win it.:luca:

Argentina depends too much on Messi.
Chile is good but their players get injured every 10 minutes.
Uruguay team are a bunch of geezers.
Colombia.. this could be the surprise Falcao is a scary guy.
Ecuador, an ok team I guess.. But I dont see a player that makes the difference.

DK
05-16-2014, 04:51 PM
Gonna back the hosts, they've got a fairly monsterous squad and home field advantage. Don't think Spain will be able to continue their golden run. Mind you, entirely possible for Luis to single handedly win the cup!

England won't make it out of the group, worst defence of any England team of my lifetime, and the only lifeline we had is not going as it stands (Big man forever).

Jiro
05-16-2014, 05:01 PM
You've got players from sodding League One in your squad. Although that's probably still better than the A-League standard. Where are the Vidukas and Kewells? Even a Brett bloody Emerton would've filled me with some hope.

I haven't watched an A-League game in years but I don't think the quality is improving as much as I would like. Honestly, I am glad Kewell is no longer in the squad. The guy has been injured in almost every international match for the past 8 years. I would rather front a team with more potential but less experience than our "A Team" because they've shown consistently that they don't quite have the quality. But there are fucking talented Aussies roaming around the world; give them a chance to play with the Socceroos and get the experience necessary to become a team worth Pete being afraid of.

(I love Brett Emerton his absence makes me sad.) Hopefully Cahill can do something amazing. He has the bloody US record for fastest goal; just do that son.

AssassinDX
05-16-2014, 07:20 PM
Since when is Belgium back in the World Cup? I don't think they've been in here for ages.

They have a class team - Mignolet, Kompany, Vermaelen, Vertonghen, Dembele, Hazard and Lukaku (and Fellaini, Januzaj and Mirallas when they feel like it) are excellent players and it's a shame Benteke is injured otherwise they could be the outside team to put your money on.

Bubba
05-17-2014, 02:56 PM

They have a class team - Mignolet, Kompany, Vermaelen, Vertonghen, Dembele, Hazard and Lukaku (and Fellaini, Januzaj and Mirallas when they feel like it) are excellent players and it's a shame Benteke is injured otherwise they could be the outside team to put your money on.

I went for Belgium in the poll. They have a great squad of players and they absolutely coasted their qualifying group. Didn't lose a single game, won 8-out-of-10 and only conceded 4 goals. The South American conditions might be tricky but they're who I've got my money on.

Psychotic
05-17-2014, 04:19 PM
Belgium are overhyped imho. They don't have big tournament experience, they're quite a young squad under a lot of pressure and if it wasn't for the laughable group they're in I'd be backing their first round exit.

Bubba
05-17-2014, 04:51 PM
Think what you want, they will be victorious... and I will celebrate by sipping on a lovely glass of Chimay Blue whilst eating mussels and frites followed by a Belgian Waffle.

Psychotic
05-17-2014, 05:34 PM
No Guylians? You disgust me :colbert:

Perducci
05-17-2014, 11:37 PM
Voted Belgium as I think they'll surprise people. If I had to bet actual money on it, I'd probably go with Brazil.

It'd be nice to see England win, but I can't see us getting past the group stage.

Spuuky
05-18-2014, 01:31 AM
All I ever wanted in life was for the US national team to beat Portugal.

DK
05-18-2014, 11:52 AM
You wanna watch yourself with that kind of talk, the last time one of the major nations that make up a large portion of EoFF's userbase played Portugal in an international tournament about 7 random portugese members turned up out of nowhere making sure the world knew all about how evil the English team and fans were and how they were largely responsible for the terrible acts of the empire.

actually, keep going for it, that was the best thing that ever happened in a football thread on effoff. (with the only other challenger for that crown being the time pauw made panayi ragequit the forums)

No Guylians? You disgust me :colbert:

can't blame him really, I assume most United fans are avoiding anything that reminds them that their team is now a shell of its former self. :aimkiss:

Psychotic
05-18-2014, 12:07 PM
Bizarrely the same thing happened when a couple of us said Greece's Eurovision winning song a few years ago was a bag of arse. The militant Greek and Portugese lurkers at EoFF frighten me.

Didn't some Brazilians turn up once because of football too?
can't blame him really, I assume most United fans are avoiding anything that reminds them that their team is now a shell of its former self. :aimkiss:When I eat them they send me to seventh heaven.

DK
05-18-2014, 12:13 PM
You're preaching to the choir brother, you know very well that if I could only ever eat one type of chocolate again for the rest of my life Guylian would be the chosen one.

Psychotic
05-18-2014, 12:24 PM
There's rumours that they're going to get the manager of Everton Mints to be their new manager, but they're just rumours because nobody would be stupid enough to hire someone from such a second rate organisation.

Bubba
05-19-2014, 10:49 AM
can't blame him really, I assume most United fans are avoiding anything that reminds them that their team is now a shell of its former self. :aimkiss:

Did you know that in 2008, Guylian was bought by a South Korean company called Lotte Confectionery for $164 Million?

This would be around the same time that Man City bought their way to two Premier League titles.

Loony BoB
05-19-2014, 12:54 PM
Guylian chocolates are awesome, I always get them when I spot them on a deal. Not sure if they're my fave overall, though... hard to say. They can be a bit much if you have them non-stop. Better used as something to treat myself with.

Did Guylian really cost more than Manchester City? I can't remember how much City cost, but...

EDIT: Ah, never mind, it was Thaksin that bought it for less.

DK
05-19-2014, 05:36 PM
I'll never forget that first season where we had money, and the terror of having my club a.) suddenly insanely wealthy and b.) managed by mark hughes. jesus christ. CITY TO SPEND 100 MILLION ON KAKA! it's a miracle that we didn't do a Leeds in our first season with that tit at the helm.

AssassinDX
05-23-2014, 06:17 PM
I thought the whole thing was hilarious, Hughes was obviously way out of his depth and didn't have a clue what to do with all that money other than offer a silly amount of money for Kaka and ultimately Robinho instead. At least the board saw that situation for what it was and got rid of him, otherwise they would have almost certainly gone the way Leeds (and to a lesser extent QPR) went.

Going back to the World Cup, Suarez is injured (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27514880) but Uruguay remain hopeful he'll play in the group stages.

On the one hand I'm glad this gives England a slight chance of getting out of that group, but on the other it's such a huge shame when world class players have to miss this tournament.

Dat Matt
05-24-2014, 01:15 AM
I root for Germany. This comes from a long standing grudge with my younger step-brother playing FIFA. We would play Spain vs Germany and I would trounce him with Germany so he would get mad and rage quit. This was always hilarious. I've rooted for Germany in each competition since then.

This of course, is hindered by the fact that I don't really care about football at all.

escobert
05-24-2014, 06:41 PM
The last WC I watched was where the french dude headbutted the Italian guy. that was awesome.

AssassinDX
05-25-2014, 10:30 AM
Ah, Zinedine Zidane, one of the greatest players of his generation disgraced himself in what was the final match of his career, and one where he could have won the biggest competition of all but got himself sent off for a headbutt after Marco Materazzi allegedly insulted his mother.

Who knows if that moment cost both himself and his country the World Cup, but it certainly didn't help. What is a shame is that's what he's remembered for, not one of the greatest players to ever live.

Psychotic
05-25-2014, 10:35 AM
I said it then (http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/85644-Zidane-s-Headbutt-Discussion-and-also-some-stuff-on-that-FIFA-World-Cup-2006-thing?p=1765860&highlight=zidane#post1765860) and I'll say it again, Zidane's headbutt was bloody awesome and he is a hero for doing it in the World Cup final of all games :lol:

We can look down on stuff like this all we want, but football is about entertainment and characters.

Yellow_Magic
05-25-2014, 10:43 AM
I don't think Zidane will ever be remembered as anything less than a fantastic footballer, even with the whole head-butting incident.

I mean, he was all over the local Champions League final coverage yesterday and neither commentator even mentioned the World Cup.

DK
05-25-2014, 11:33 AM
christ look at that thread man. 110 people voted on the poll, compared to 15 now. I had no idea that our population had died that badly xD

Loony BoB
05-25-2014, 12:51 PM

That's our list, guys. We clearly have to trace down each and every one of 'em.

Jess
05-25-2014, 08:39 PM
Brazil & their home advantage will win.

Now you have one less to trace. :jess:

Freya
05-25-2014, 09:33 PM
Heard that official putbull song.

Ehhhhh....

I like Shakira's better. She has one out too.

Watching them got me so super excited! I couldn't decide which country but I saw that poll picture from before. I'm gonna go with Germany again.

Crop
05-25-2014, 09:40 PM
I voted England because I have pride in Teh Tree Lyons.

Quindiana Jones
05-26-2014, 02:22 PM
Colombia for surprise win.

Bubba
05-26-2014, 08:12 PM
Honduras to go on a barn-storming run and turn a few heads in the opening four minutes of their first game.

black orb
05-29-2014, 03:09 AM
>>> I wonder if USA is better than England :D..:luca:

Psychotic
05-29-2014, 07:03 AM
I wonder if the Antarctica Under-12 squad is better than England myself.

Quindiana Jones
05-29-2014, 08:25 AM
I saw a kid playing football the other day. Scuffed the ball and fell over in his effort to kick so hard. I couldn't help but wonder why he wasn't on the England squad, but then I remembered he's Chinese, so... :gator:

Old Manus
05-29-2014, 09:22 AM
...so he'll be playing for the England cricket team in 10 years time!

escobert
05-30-2014, 03:00 PM
I'd say probably the coolest WC experience I've had was watching Germany and I can't remember who playing for the finals while I was in Paris in 2002 I think. Huge screen in a plaza packed with several thousand people all watching the game. It was awesome.

Shauna
05-30-2014, 03:37 PM
My team in work rolled Belgium. Time to switch my vote!

(loljk I still think Spain will win)

Dark_Valentine
05-31-2014, 04:55 AM
Italy is my team so I'm always going to cheer for them, but I would not be upset if Germany wins...they are my close #2. However, I will be upset if Spain wins it all =/

Psychotic
06-01-2014, 04:29 PM
Show your World Cup pride and get your sigs on! A certain World Class striker was missing from the England photo so I had to add him in :)

Loony BoB
06-01-2014, 05:03 PM
Cool, I'll just slap on my New Zea-- oh, right, yeah.

Okay, that's fine! I'm a dual national! Time to get my Scotla-- ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. trout.

Psychotic
06-01-2014, 05:17 PM
hey never mind Australia and England qualified - they're practically the same thing, right? :jess:

Loony BoB
06-01-2014, 05:29 PM
Saying England is practically Scotland, and Australia is practically New Zealand is pushing it, but I suppose little things like that go a long way towards boosting the larger countries' self esteem.

Psychotic
06-01-2014, 05:41 PM
Can a country even have self-esteem?

And indeed, can the Scottish have a self-esteem when they haven't qualified for a World Cup for 16 years and indeed are probably only better than Northern Ireland of the teams of the British Isles?

New Zealand are cool though, fair play.

Shauna
06-01-2014, 06:13 PM
We are well aware that our team sucks. :(

We just take pride in our Scottish Premier League! If we can't compete with others, might as well compete with ourselves.

DK
06-01-2014, 06:30 PM
i decided to make a set that i feel truly represents not only the England team but England as a nation.

Psychotic
06-01-2014, 06:32 PM
ahahahhahahahaha phil jones

DK
06-01-2014, 06:33 PM
a pure potato faced duffer. ENGLAND IN THE FLESH LADIES AND GENTLEMEN

DK
06-01-2014, 06:35 PM
honestly i'm not even joking. if i had never seen an actual picture of him, but only going from his voice I heard on xbox live, I would swear Quin's face would be exactly the same as the one in my avatar. Pure England.

black orb
06-02-2014, 01:14 AM
poPdVCzJz5A

>>> Ouch..

Exhibition games at this point? what the hell.. :luca:

Old Manus
06-02-2014, 09:50 AM
We just take pride in our Scottish Premier League! If we can't compete with others, might as well compete with ourselves.>implying any teams in the SPL minus Celtic compete for anything

AssassinDX
06-03-2014, 09:19 AM
Broken bones (nasty ones too, not just this metatarsal nonsense) seemingly happen before every tournament, Luis Montes for Mexico and Akaminko for Ghana both also broke something over the weekend.

I get that match practice is needed before the World Cup, but most countries are playing three games before the tournament starts which I think is too risky. We've already lost big names like Falcao and (possibly) Suarez right at the end of the regular season, and of course now Montolivo, at this rate Ronaldo will be next.

Saying that Italy should have never played a team like Ireland just before a major tournament, that was a disaster waiting to happen.

Psychotic
06-03-2014, 04:15 PM
They all play teams similar to the teams they're playing in the World Cup - Uruguay played Northern Ireland and Italy played Ireland to prepare for us.

AssassinDX
06-03-2014, 04:47 PM
Yeah, the same reason why we played Peru on Friday. I get that much, but sure Scotland would have been safer opposition for the Italian players...

Uh, or Wales. Definitely Wales.

Psychotic
06-03-2014, 04:52 PM
Whatever home nation they played they're a bunch of trout cloggers who play like ass so the end result would've been the same. Perfect preparation for facing ROY'S (Brave) BOYS.

If only Andy Carroll were going. :(

Old Manus
06-03-2014, 04:57 PM
Okay now I get what Psychotic was getting at and withdraw my rep. I thought he was saying that NI and Ireland are similar in quality to England :erm:

Psychotic
06-03-2014, 09:43 PM
That's exactly what I'm saying.

black orb
06-07-2014, 09:25 PM
lSggaxXUS8k

vs

iaVtinE8oO8

>>> What happened Nike, ran out of good ideas already? :eep:..:luca:

black orb
06-08-2014, 12:54 AM
>>> Whats wrong with the England goalkeeper? it doesnt look very reliable to me, you guys need to find a better one. (oh wait is too late)..:luca:

Psychotic
06-08-2014, 01:00 AM
>>> Whats wrong with the England goalkeeper?He's English and therefore crap at football. He can't help it.

black orb
06-08-2014, 01:12 AM
>>> Blaming the players is a bit unfair I think, if the team suck is because the manager sucks. I mean, he is the one who choose the players, make the tactics, work with their training sessions, etc.. :luca:

And England won the WC once right?.

Old Manus
06-08-2014, 08:21 AM
England won the world cup once!?!?!?!?!?

Bubba
06-08-2014, 08:59 AM
I don't remember this. What year did this happen?

Psychotic
06-08-2014, 09:18 AM
1066 wasn't it?

Bubba
06-09-2014, 09:53 AM
1066 wasn't it?

Ah yes, of course. Wasn't that the one where Bobby Moore was shot in the eye by an arrow?

Loony BoB
06-09-2014, 01:49 PM
The knee, obvoiusly. Come on, this is a gaming forum.

Psychotic
06-09-2014, 10:00 PM
Late, but they only just put it up themselves. Who's up for a bit of? http://en.mcdonalds.fantasy.fifa.com/ I've done my team.

DK
06-10-2014, 06:04 AM
whats the league info imho done my squad

Psychotic
06-10-2014, 06:16 PM
Password is: andtheVOLLEH!

http://en.mcdonalds.fantasy.fifa.com/leagues/64823

Couldn't get a good user name. All variations of Heskey I tried were taken so I got bored :shobon:

DK
06-10-2014, 06:20 PM
i couldn't be arsed to think of anything so i just put the first thing that popped into my head. not sure what that says about me really but there you go

DK
06-10-2014, 06:21 PM
my team is awesome by the way. i made an insane first xi and then filled my subs bench with 1 point iranians and algerians, so if anyone picks up an injury i'm screwed. who you got in the first xi?

Psychotic
06-10-2014, 06:29 PM
hahahaha yeah don't worry mate, got a couple of lads at work to sign up and all three of us have a troutload of 1 point Algerians and Iranians.
I'll leave off the bums:

Goalkeepers
Claudio BRAVO (Chile)
Orestis KARNEZIS (Greece)

Defenders
Ricardo RODRIGUEZ (Switzerland)
Erik DURM (Germany)
Pablo ZABALETA (Argentina)
Sead KOLASINAC (Bosnia)
Vasileios TOROSIDIS (Greece)

Midfielders
Blaise MATUIDI (France)
WILLIAN (Brazil)
Angel DI MARIA (Argentina)
Joao MOUTINHO (Portugal)
Miralem PJANIC (Bosnia)
Nabil BENTALEB (is a random Algerian 1 point bum but thought it hilarious as he was a regular starter for Spurs)

Forwards
Thomas MUELLER (Germany)
Alexis SANCHEZ (Chile)
Antoine GRIEZMANN (France)
Javier HERNANDEZ (Mexico)

It's kind of a hipster team :shobon: I really struggled with the points limit truth be told.

DK
06-10-2014, 06:32 PM
my teams for the first round is:

GK: Romero

DF: Kompany
DF: Varane
DF: Pique

MF: Pogba
MF: Dave Silva
MF: Oscar
MF: Hazard

FW: Messi
FW: RICKIE LAMBERT
FW: Ronaldo

then the only other player of note in my squad is Michel Vorm. all the rest are from like, iran, honduras, algeria etc

Psychotic
06-10-2014, 06:36 PM
Messi and Ronaldo? Get out xD I'm taking a rotation policy and I guess you're going balls out first XI. I intend to switch it up here and there depending on fixtures. My Bosnian boys won't play v Argentina but they'll sure as shit play against Iran and Nigeria.

Weird as hell seeing a Japan flag next to your name.

DK
06-10-2014, 06:42 PM
the only reason I did messi and ronaldo is because I could xD i'm pretty sure the thing is broken tho. like it's supposed to be the same as prem fantasy with 3 players from one nation max per team but I hit autocomplete after doing my xi and it filled it with bums from iran and accepted it. i have like 5 iranians on the bench haha. but yeah I have in no way shape or form the desire to micro manage this thing.

also I know right? gimped me out a bit as well.

Psychotic
06-10-2014, 06:54 PM
Jammy smurfer. I hit my limit and ended up having to pick up a 1.5 Honduran. I had Pogba in my team too but had to downgrade him to Matuidi because of the 0.5 I needed for that Honduran. :colbert:

Oh well, my strikers are playing Cameroon, Honduras and Australia on the first day so it's not all bad.

Spuuky
06-10-2014, 09:12 PM
I joined your league thing.

G - Benaglio
D - Yedlin, Guagua, Medel
M - Bradley, Heungmin, Hazard, Cuardrado
F - Neymar, Dzeko, Honda

I have one OK backup at every position.

The Captain
06-12-2014, 12:02 AM
Starting Xi:

G: Julio Cesar (Best bet to play and the price is right)
D: Alba, Hummels, Vertonghen (3 Studs with teams poised to make deep runs)
M: Gerrard, Di Maria, Oscar, Vidal (4 players I think can rack up big assist numbers and maybe chip in with a goal or two)
F: Messi, Jackson, Mueller (3 players I expect to be the focal point of their team's attacks)

Let's kick the ball!

Take care all.

Calliope
06-12-2014, 06:49 AM
Can we please just give it to Italy already? I am on #teampirlo in lieu of #teampsychicoctopus

Psychotic
06-12-2014, 07:28 AM
Depends if Pirlo still has his beard.

I hope we see a repeat of this in this World Cup, I can't stop laughing:

aYDXkVGpMpc

Old Manus
06-12-2014, 11:05 AM
I'd be watching the World Cup today but Liam Plunkett has just been selected again for today's test against Sri Lanka and this just has to be seen

Pike
06-12-2014, 03:09 PM
So who is the least likely to win? I want to know so I can root for them.

Old Manus
06-12-2014, 03:29 PM
If you wanted to do that, you should have moved to Blighty with MILF rather than the other way around, so you could do that every four years.

Yellow_Magic
06-12-2014, 04:08 PM
As soon as I woke up today I was like "WORLD CUP HELLZ YEAH". Brazil to start things off at that, so Hype Level Over 9000 and then some.

In other news I can't believe how fast four years have flown by.

Loony BoB
06-12-2014, 04:11 PM
So who is the least likely to win? I want to know so I can root for them.
Maybe Iran?

Spuuky
06-12-2014, 06:11 PM
There are a variety of teams that all share a 0% chance to win, so you have a lot to choose from.

Psychotic
06-12-2014, 07:21 PM
Australia are the lowest ranked team and have three of the favourites in their group. It did have to be them I got in my work's World Cup sweepstake (I do have a second team but I got Aussie first) and as such my desk is now covered in cuddly kangaroos and a photoshop of the Australian team featuring my piss-taking colleague's faces instead of that knobhead Tim Cahill.

This opening ceremony is fucking stupid.

Madame Adequate
06-12-2014, 09:19 PM
lmao first goal of the tournament is an OG by the host

Shauna
06-12-2014, 09:19 PM
Go Brazil!

Dat Matt
06-12-2014, 09:21 PM
First goal of the competition. Way to go

lMj937s5Lvk

Psychotic
06-12-2014, 09:23 PM
Can you imagine how Marcelo must feel? Damn.

Pike
06-12-2014, 09:31 PM
IT'S OGRE

BRAZIL IS FINISHED

Madame Adequate
06-12-2014, 09:36 PM
Can you imagine how Marcelo must feel? Damn.

I cannot imagine it because I could poo myself while meeting the Queen and I'd still not be as humiliated and embarrassed as Marcelo

Psychotic
06-12-2014, 09:43 PM
Well that disaster was sadly short-lived.

Incidentally chaps I added Neymar to my fantasy football team a few hours before the deadline. :smug:

Psychotic
06-12-2014, 10:58 PM
A multitude of dodgy refereeing decisions benefiting the host nation? In the World Cup, you say? Well I never! :monocle:

Changing my prediction to Brazil. Neymar and Oscar aside I wasn't particularly impressed (their keeper is notably total bobbins) but who can compete when they've got a 12th man in the referee?

Old Manus
06-12-2014, 11:04 PM
Croatia robbed but I don't care as that's the first leg of my handicap double sorted and one hand wrapped round an easy tenner. Bigger money to come.

Also, Andy Townshend

Psychotic
06-12-2014, 11:11 PM
Also, Andy TownshendTHAT'S BETTER

tbf Cannavaro/Lee Dixon was funnier. Lee Dixon telling Cannavaro how he was always a favourite of his growing up despite being older than him. Then when Chiles tried to get Cannavaro to pick whether Sterling or Welbeck should start for England and Cannavaro, clearly not having a smurfing clue who either of them was, instead talked about how dangerous Wayne Rooney is. Even better, when he said something about pace Dixon immediately chimed in with "So you'd pick Sterling?" and this prompting another "Rooney is a very dangerous player" speech from Cannavaro and never even said the names of Sterling or Welbeck. Beautiful television.

Pele continues to prove he knows smurf all about football (Nicky Butt player of the tournament 2002 anyone?) in saying Brazil's defence is better than its attack. Really? Really? I'd love to see Messi, Aguero, Higuain and Di Maria have a pop at it. smurf me I'd fancy the Sturridge - Rooney axis taking it on! £40m for David smurfing Luiz, dear lord.

The Captain
06-12-2014, 11:32 PM
Bad, bad ref calls against Croatia who played very well and come away with nothing.

Brazil have a lot to work on defensively, though it won't matter much in their group. Going forward against some of the higher powered attacks (Spain, Chile, Argentina, Germany, etc, etc) I think they will be in a lot of trouble. They looked nervous and never really settled in to a typical rhythm.

Tomorrow's Spain - Netherlands match looks to be a mighty fun one, looking forward to that.

Take care all.

Perducci
06-12-2014, 11:46 PM
Wanted Croatia to win, but at least Neymar got me some decent points in my fantasy team.

Spuuky
06-12-2014, 11:47 PM
The penalty call was obviously terrible and if I was FIFA, I would make a point and suspend that forward for their next game.

black orb
06-12-2014, 11:59 PM
The penalty call was obviously terrible and if I was FIFA, I would make a point and suspend that forward for their next game.
>>> We see this all the time in every World Cup. And FIFA is just good to make money nothing else..:luca:

Freya
06-13-2014, 01:26 AM
I can't stop talking about the world cup and no one here understands cause they don't care about "soccer". You suck America. I just want to talk about sports :(

BustaMo
06-13-2014, 02:22 AM
As an American I'm going to of course pull for the U.S.A., but I have always liked Brazil. I turned on the game today just as they scored their first goal. (on Croatia, not the self-goal!)

I've never been a fan of watching soccer, but I played a bit of it on an Air Force team last year and it was fun to get back into. I'll probably just watch some World Cup games, but it is fun to see how well your country does, and show some patriotic pride. :cool:

Quindiana Jones
06-13-2014, 05:38 AM
Absolutely immaculate starting goal of the Cup. Outstanding. And it kicked Brazil into high gear and made for a very entertaining first half.

Obviously during half time, the ref was reminded that he was living in one of the dodgy areas of the city. Fucking bollocks performance. Croatia were completely robbed.

Psychotic
06-13-2014, 06:31 AM
The penalty call was obviously terrible and if I was FIFA, I would make a point and suspend that forward for their next game.If you were FIFA you'd be happy and hope a Brazil win has placated the angry mob that is against you being there.

Quindiana Jones
06-13-2014, 07:00 AM
Also, I should add that due to time zones, the match started at 4AM. It was watched live by myself, some foreigners, an assortment of Chinese women who got really fucking angry at Croatia, one Chinese woman who clearly couldn't identify a football in a line-up and simply satisfied herself by making noises at things before passing out at half time and a dog.

That last one isn't even added for comedic effect. At 3:30, a dog waltzed into the bar and didn't leave until after the game.

Psychotic
06-13-2014, 07:20 AM
What kind of dog? This is important.

Bubba
06-13-2014, 07:52 AM
Let's just hope that was a one-off decision that went the way of the hosts. A lot has been said about the big players and this is a stage on which they must perform. The same should be said for the referees. They're obviously gonna be nervous officiating a World Cup match but they need to show conviction and not get caught up in the atmosphere.

I thought Croatia acquitted themselves well and were worthy of a draw.

Also, I thought it was hilarious when the Goal Line Technology popped up for the first goal. "Hey! Look! We're here! And we work! We probably won't be needed for the whole tournament but we're gonna show every single goal after it's juuuussst gone over the line to justify our existence!"

Quindiana Jones
06-13-2014, 08:01 AM
Little ratty thing. Looked a lot like Neymar.

Bubba
06-13-2014, 08:15 AM
Little ratty thing.

Luis Suarez?

Old Manus
06-13-2014, 09:28 AM
Dodgy refereeing decisions but that's what you get when you use referees from countries where they never have to referee huge games every week.
Not really a penalty, but I think everyone is getting a bit caught up in the hysteria, I've seen those given in the Premier League dozens of times
Not a red card, let's not be ridiculous
The disallowed goal for the foul on Julio Cesar was the worst decision imo. I just can't see how that was a foul, unless the ball left the playing area.
Croatia weren't the better team, but I think they would have been justified with a point
Oscar MotM

Psychotic
06-13-2014, 10:10 AM
Agreed with Manus on all points except one which I have to be flippant about.
I've seen those given in the Premier League dozens of times You've seen a lot of Howard Webb games at Old Trafford I take it. :cool:

(tbf Liverpool get loads of them at Anfield too)

Old Manus
06-13-2014, 11:14 AM
just at anfield?

I Took the Red Pill
06-13-2014, 06:19 PM
Mexico v Cameroon has been fun to watch so far, despite the frustration from Mexico being repeatedly screwed out of goals. The first disallowed goal call was pretty close (though I think still wrong in the end), but they got boned hard out of that second goal. Still, they're playing really well and dominating the flow of the game, so I hope to see them pull out a win in the end.

Psychotic
06-13-2014, 06:22 PM
Agreed - more shocking refereeing.

Oh and as I type this, Mexico score. Deserved. Absolutely deserved.

Bubba
06-13-2014, 08:46 PM
Oh my good lord. What a header by RVP.

Psychotic
06-13-2014, 08:49 PM
Boosh.

I'm conflicted. I want the Netherlands to win, but Xabi Alonso is awesome (and soooo dreamy with that beard :flirt:) and RVP is a knob.

Shauna
06-13-2014, 08:52 PM
Viva España!

Have the Netherlands put their foot through anyone's chest yet?

Jess
06-13-2014, 09:00 PM
Regardless of the fact RVP is a knob... What a goal!

Psychotic
06-13-2014, 09:11 PM
Speaking of awesome goals scored by knobs, fuck me, what control from Robben. That was delicious. Both Dutch goals have been sexy as fuck.

Psychotic
06-13-2014, 09:30 PM
Hahahahahahah this is delightful. lmao casillas. Goalkeeping at this World Cup has been atrocious and I love it.

That's why Mourinho and Ancelotti dropped that overrated sack of crap and why you don't pick players who have played just two fucking league games all season and indeed the likes of Fernando pissing Torres over Alvaro Negredo you nepotistic fuck Del Bosque.

I Took the Red Pill
06-13-2014, 09:32 PM
Wow this is a massacre. I love it.

Psychotic
06-13-2014, 09:37 PM
hahahahahaha five robben you beast

fuck you spain, fuck off and never tarnish football with your boring tiki taka snoozefest again

Jess
06-13-2014, 09:40 PM
Nobody voted in the poll for the Netherlands? Man, they're dangerous!

Psychotic
06-13-2014, 09:47 PM
I think this should be the last time you ever see Casillas play football. Enjoy it because it's pure comedy.

lmao torres you're shit get in the the bin.

Bubba
06-13-2014, 09:48 PM
These Neds are a bit of all right, aren't they?

Haha, Torres. Earned his place right there!

Bubba
06-13-2014, 09:50 PM
I think this should be the last time you ever see Casillas play football. Enjoy it because it's pure comedy

De Gea shits all over him. I guarantee he won't lose his place though.

Freya
06-13-2014, 09:54 PM
Holy shit Spain. Get your shit together you won this thing lat time, this is sad.

Go Netherlands though, hot damn.

black orb
06-13-2014, 10:02 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/rodv/casillas-fail_o_1761805.jpg

>>> WTF Casillas?..:luca:

Psychotic
06-13-2014, 10:12 PM
5pa1n are bobbins, brazil are bobbins, goalkeepers are bobbins, world cup owns

Shauna
06-13-2014, 10:19 PM
1-5? Wow. They got trounced.

You can bring it back Spain! :(

Psychotic
06-13-2014, 11:14 PM
Boy are you going to be embarassed when all of the countries you've racistly excluded from your poll make it to the second stage :colbert:hope that answers your query aussie sir. Welcome to the bobbins club.

Pete for President
06-13-2014, 11:25 PM
GO NETHERLANDS :cool:

Psychotic
06-13-2014, 11:52 PM
I am glad Australia scored but I am not glad it was Tim Cahill. They have a lad called Oar. I would like Oar to score. It even rhymes.

DK
06-14-2014, 12:08 AM
holy shit hahahah spain full on learned in the face. this makes me pleased because so many people at work been going on how spain are gonna win it again and I kept telling them no chance, gonna rub this in severely :shobon:

Alive-Cat
06-14-2014, 12:32 AM
DK only posts in the football thread, so I will, too!

Paulchotic, who from Liverpool is representing this time around?

Psychotic
06-14-2014, 12:35 AM
DK only posts in the football thread, so I will, too!

Paulchotic, who from Liverpool is representing this time around?England have Johnson, Gerrard, Henderson, Sterling, Lambert and Sturridge. Then there's Sakho at France, Reina at Spain, Suarez and Coates at Uruguay. Plenty of ex-redmen in action too! Kuyt, Mascherano, Alonso and Alberto bloody Aquilani among others.

This is a cracking game btw. Australia going down swinging.

Alive-Cat
06-14-2014, 12:38 AM
Gerrard will hopefully be making me proud as usual I hope! Golden legs.

I have missed most of this so far, I will just keep reading this thread to know the happenings

Spuuky
06-14-2014, 01:18 AM
I hate Spain, but the Netherlands is also a team distinctly worthy of hatred. Oh well, I hope Chile eliminates Spain in another 5-1 massacre somehow. And Australia beats Spain 5-1, too.

Shoden
06-14-2014, 01:25 AM
I rooted for Spain last time but oh man, glorious stuff from the Dutch! 5-1! (( familiar score round these parts :p ))
The fact Spain got beat is one thing but totally and utterly slaughtered is another, very niiiice

Freya
06-14-2014, 06:12 AM
DlJEt2KU33I

http://i.imgur.com/wUtkVk7.jpg

Bubba
06-14-2014, 09:00 AM
This has been my favourite World Cup ever, so far. The world champions being spanked 5-1 and England are still undefeated!

Old Manus
06-14-2014, 10:12 AM
http://www.gfycat.com/HighFilthyBetafish

Psychotic
06-14-2014, 10:41 AM
The worst team in the World Cup aka England are playing today. Who is excited for watching a pile of awful rubbish get absolutely mullered?

Who do you think will be to blame? I have two good candidates.

Rooney - the most overrated potato-man in the history of overrated potato-men who get into Nike commercials based on two games aforementioned overrated potato-man played in 2004 - will be trout, lack any sort of tactical disclipline and let Pirlo do whatever the smurf he wants just as he did in Euro 2012. Roy will not drop Rooney because Nike and The Sun won't like it ("ROO WHAT? ARE YOU BRAZIL NUTS? WOY DROPS STAR WAYNE") even though Welbeck, Sterling, Lallana, Barkley, Lampard, Wilshere and Fraser Forster would all be better in the no 10 role.

Glen Johnson will also be hilariously bad and smurf up. Hey Old Manus, remember when you moaned about him non stop in Euro 2012 and then he turned out to be England's best player in the tournament? lol. Either way, you're in luck because now he's in bad form and put on a few pounds. Still, don't be too harsh on the lad as there's no decent alternative. Jones? Smalling? I'm sobbing at the prospect. Kyle Walker is just a trout version of Glen Johnson and Glen Johnson is already trout.

#comeonengland

#makeusproud

#threelions

DK
06-14-2014, 10:46 AM
you know who i'm blaming. I can hear it. so can you. it's still distant but it's thundering ever closer. pounding those tracks. just like barret said, no matter how much I wish otherwise...ain't no gettin' offa this train we on.

toot toot motherfuckers.

huaaaaayne to get sent off as well. pirlo to destroy us. super mario to steam into the england dugout, kick woys water into the stands and then be utterly and geniunely hurt and confused when he's booked.

Nicolas
06-14-2014, 04:00 PM
I very much like Spain and would love to have them do well again. But... last night's game was pretty awful. Bad decisions were definitely made.

The Dutch team did fantastically though.

That is all.

Bubba
06-14-2014, 09:19 PM
Jesus Christ. All of a sudden, tonight's game against Italy might actually be our easiest one! Really can't see us progressing if we don't win tonight.

Psychotic
06-14-2014, 09:21 PM
Jesus Christ. All of a sudden, tonight's game against Italy might actually be our easiest one! Really can't see us progressing if we don't win tonight.A draw will do.

If you are American and don't often watch soccer, don't watch this game. "Oh yeah! England v Italy! That'll be awesome!" 'fraid not. It will bore you to tears and you will think the sport is shit. It is, but only if England play. Italy are kind of paff too actually.

England will curl up into a ball and defend non stop. It will either be 0-0 with Italy failing to break England down, or Italy will score early and refuse to attack. This will confuse England because refusing to attack was their game plan, and so the ball will remain in the centre circle while both teams hide in their own box until time runs out.

Old Manus
06-14-2014, 09:31 PM
Hey Old Manus, remember when you moaned about him non stop in Euro 2012 and then he turned out to be England's best player in the tournament? lol.I don't remember it so it didn't happen. He's still pants though

Looking forward to tonight. It is going to be so thoroughly boring that I'm afraid I might get constipated. One guff team against one which isn't actually quite as good as people think they are. Got 0-0 written all over it. I also look forward to heartily eating my words come midnight and a five goal thriller.

Loony BoB
06-14-2014, 09:32 PM
I remember United playing against this Joel Campbell fella in the CL and he was a right good player, probably the best in the Olympiakos side on the day (he scored then, too, the bugger). Not a shocker to see him doing well. Haven't watched the full game because of a massive headache I have atm, but he seemed the biggest threat when I was watching earlier and it seems he's got himself a goal now.

Psychotic
06-14-2014, 09:36 PM
Hey Old Manus, remember when you moaned about him non stop in Euro 2012 and then he turned out to be England's best player in the tournament? lol.I don't remember it so it didn't happen. He's still pants thoughHe is now, sure.

Also yeah Costa Rica v Uruguay fascinating game.

Colombia v Greece was pretty good too actually, surprised Colombia did so well without some of their main men.

Bubba
06-14-2014, 09:55 PM
Ha, I don't know how I feel about this result! It will depend on our game obviously. Fantastic win for Costa Rica. Thoroughly deserved as well, I thought.

black orb
06-14-2014, 10:05 PM
Uruguay team are a bunch of geezers.

>>> Told ya...

Preparing to watch England vs Italy :party::party::party:.. :luca:
I want to see England awakening their hidden shaolin soccer powers and win 100 - 0

Jess
06-14-2014, 10:50 PM
I've thoroughly enjoyed the World Cup so far. How will I feel in 2 hours? Please be good!

Bubba
06-14-2014, 10:53 PM
Watching those highlights of Sturridge made me excited. Let's have some of that you scouse bastard. Come on England!

Psychotic
06-14-2014, 10:57 PM
He's a Brummie! :colbert:

Bubba
06-14-2014, 11:13 PM
Anyone with an association with Liverpool FC is a scouse bastard. I don't care though, tonight he's my scouse bastard and I want him to do us proud! He is quality.

Aulayna
06-14-2014, 11:15 PM
Such odd shoes.

Also there's a distinct problem with our first half performance. Namely, England are not doing this:

Freya
06-14-2014, 11:21 PM
Lovely commentary aul xD

Aulayna
06-14-2014, 11:35 PM
Italy have scored!

Jess
06-14-2014, 11:35 PM
Shit. :(

Jess
06-14-2014, 11:37 PM
I'm doing Sturridge's dance! :D

Aulayna
06-14-2014, 11:37 PM
Equalizeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/2299/roy1.gif

Nicolas
06-14-2014, 11:38 PM
This might be a more even game than I thought.

Madame Adequate
06-14-2014, 11:40 PM
I'm not falling for that, no way Engerlund have scored a goal.

Psychotic
06-14-2014, 11:48 PM
the man in my avatar is not bobbins he kicked the ball into the net even though the other team were tasked with preventing him from achieving this

Nicolas
06-14-2014, 11:49 PM
Don't worry, looks like ITA is pushin' hard.

Freya
Oh that was close. That headbutt save was nice.

Nicolas
the man in my avatar is not bobbins he kicked the ball into the net even though the other team were tasked with preventing him from achieving this

Yeah. That was a lovely play.

Aulayna
06-14-2014, 11:52 PM
So in a twist of irony, our physio broke his ankle while celebrating Sturridge's goal.

Jess
06-14-2014, 11:52 PM
Welbeck, Sterling, Sturridge :thumb:

Nicolas
06-15-2014, 12:01 AM
So in a twist of irony, our physio broke his ankle while celebrating Sturridge's goal.

haha. saw that on ESPN here and they made it seem like it was a player down for a bit until one of the commentators basically went, "oh, it's probably staff."

Aulayna
06-15-2014, 12:07 AM

Psychotic
06-15-2014, 12:09 AM
OH NO THEY'RE BEING BOBBINS

Bubba
06-15-2014, 12:09 AM
Glen Johnson is wank. Where the fuck were you?!'

Jess
06-15-2014, 12:10 AM
Fuck you, Mario Balotelli. :mad2:

Nicolas
Nice setup and header.

Aulayna
Italy get their 2nd

Psychotic
Glen Johnson is wank. Where the smurf were you?!'HE WAS AT THE "All-U-Can-Eat!" BOBBINS BUFFET!

Bubba
06-15-2014, 12:13 AM
Glen Johnson is wank. Where the smurf were you?!'HE WAS AT THE "All-U-Can-Eat!" BOBBINS BUFFET!

FEASTING ON CARLTON PALMER'S ROTTING CORPSE!

Aulayna
06-15-2014, 12:13 AM
Not hard lads. C'mon.

Psychotic
06-15-2014, 12:19 AM
where is emile heskey

WHERE IS EMILE HESKEY

SEND FOR DARIUS VASSELL!!!!!!!!!!!

teddy sheringham???

quick remove all the italy men's clothes and skins and then wear the clothes and skins and the referee will say THESE MEN WIN and then the england lads will burst forth and say IT WAS US ALL ALONG and then england will be the champion of this event

Psychotic
06-15-2014, 12:20 AM
WAYNE RONNIE

YOU USELESS POTATO MAN

I KNEW YOU'D FUCK IT ALL UP

YOU POTATO

YOU POTATO MAN

:argh:

Jess
06-15-2014, 12:22 AM
aaarrrrrrfgh;;£:£:&, Rooney! DAMMIT

Freya
Can none of england shoot straight? Come on rooney that was a perfect set up!

Nicolas
Can your guys seriously not do a straight kick?

Psychotic
06-15-2014, 12:23 AM
Can your guys seriously not do a straight kick?
he is a potato he only deals in rounds

Jess
06-15-2014, 12:23 AM
It is not something we have mastered yet OKAY. :colbert:

Psychotic
06-15-2014, 12:26 AM
the sad thing is that italy haven't even been that good.

Freya
06-15-2014, 12:27 AM
I seriously love these colorful shoes. I need some. Is this a marketing technique?

Nicolas
06-15-2014, 12:28 AM

Nope. And aren't they down one of their good players too?

Psychotic
06-15-2014, 12:30 AM

Nope. And aren't they down one of their good players too?Yer.

Italy are just sitting, chilling, like "okay then what are you gonna do? you gonna do something?" and england are like "uhhh i dunno. Uh... what am I meant to do. Help."

2o minutes of that.

Freya
06-15-2014, 12:31 AM
Ughhhh do something, this is sad. They get close then nope. :/

Psychotic
06-15-2014, 12:32 AM
henderson for wilshere is the most offensive change I have ever seen

I hate Wilshere so much that I photoshopped his head out of my sig. (His silly tattooed body is on the right. I put Andy Carroll's head on it)

Bubba
God damn it. Why am I always optimistic about England's chances?

Nicolas
England shots on goal are like shots being fired against heroes in action movies.

Also, looks like Italy feels cocky enough to take out Balotelli. Hm.

Aulayna
Rooney is so bad.

Sturridge could become a reckoning force.

But Rooney, so bad.

Psychotic
06-15-2014, 12:34 AM
Rooney is so bad.

Sturridge could become a reckoning force.

But Rooney, so bad.yep rooney doesn't have a clue, too slow, completely takes the momentum out of england's attack.

get him off for lallana roy. Put him in the bin. He's the king of bobbins. Potato. POTATO MAN.

Jess
06-15-2014, 12:36 AM
In the lead up it's always 'Rooney, Rooney, Rooney', and he always a massive disappointment.

Aulayna
dat corner Rooney... you muppet

Freya
Nope. Dangit.

Nicolas
06-15-2014, 12:37 AM
oh man. i remember rooney being a failure at the world stage, but this is just awful.

Psychotic
06-15-2014, 12:38 AM
STURRIDGE? STURRIDGE OFF AND NOT ROONEY? I AM TYPING WITH THE SHIFT KEY HELD DOWN THAT IS HOW ENRAGED I AM

Aulayna
06-15-2014, 12:39 AM
The only way I can sum this up is with the Italian manager...

Nicolas
STURRIDGE? STURRIDGE OFF AND NOT ROONEY? I AM TYPING WITH THE SHIFT KEY HELD DOWN THAT IS HOW ENRAGED I AM

Don't worry. They're saving him for Uruguay now.

Psychotic
don't care if sturridge has a knock, sturridge with one leg and an octopus on his face is better than lord bobbinsworth of potatoburg :colbert:

ps: glen johnson you're shit too

I called it. Said they'd both fuck up monumentally.

Freya
06-15-2014, 12:43 AM
Ugh this could have gone so much better. Freaking Rooney :colbert: you could have tied it up.

Freya
06-15-2014, 12:44 AM
Here we go again. :/

Psychotic
06-15-2014, 12:44 AM
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e373/photobucketamazingness/BiMnF07IgAA1_XD_zps01e8d6e8.jpg (http://s43.photobucket.com/user/photobucketamazingness/media/BiMnF07IgAA1_XD_zps01e8d6e8.jpg.html)
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e373/photobucketamazingness/BiMnF07IgAA1_XD_zps01e8d6e8.jpg (http://s43.photobucket.com/user/photobucketamazingness/media/BiMnF07IgAA1_XD_zps01e8d6e8.jpg.html)

hey guys who does this remind you of

Nicolas
06-15-2014, 12:45 AM

the entire national team of england

Psychotic
06-15-2014, 12:46 AM
no the rest of them are all just bobbins, there's only one potato man

Nicolas
06-15-2014, 12:46 AM

tell your clever playin' potato to stop then.

Psychotic
06-15-2014, 12:48 AM

tell your clever playin' potato to stop then.Alright then. (http://home.eyesonff.com/member.php/17258-Wayne-Rooney)

Aulayna
06-15-2014, 12:49 AM
Rooney, more like Pooney.

Johnson, more like Ponceson.

Hart, more like Fart.

Freya
06-15-2014, 12:50 AM
ahahah they cut to an english lady and her shocked face at the play was just priceless

Psychotic
06-15-2014, 12:51 AM
Good lad Raheem. Bring that Italian down. He's been the only decent fella in white I tell you what.

Nicolas
06-15-2014, 12:52 AM
You mean Raheem "Can't find the goal" Sterling?

Bubba
06-15-2014, 12:52 AM

A player on your fucking team. Get behind him you :bou::bou::bou::bou:.

Psychotic
06-15-2014, 12:53 AM
A player on your fucking team. Get behind him you :bou::bou::bou::bou:.

Glen Johnson is wank. Where the fuck were you?!'

Aulayna
06-15-2014, 01:01 AM

Psychotic
06-15-2014, 01:08 AM
https://vine.co/v/MIqup0UpdpK

This man is paid £300,000 - $500,000 - per week. Per week.

I could do exactly this for 1% of the price. (I appreciate he is not paid this for his international duties, not the point)

DK
06-15-2014, 01:12 AM
wayne is such a useless bag of shit, wish super mario had been adopted by an english couple instead of italians

black orb
06-15-2014, 01:13 AM
>>> Dont worry England all you have to do is win the next two matches :bigsmile:..:luca:

Psychotic
06-15-2014, 01:16 AM
BBC Pundits sucking up to their mate Wayne. Sickening. It's because of bulltrout like this why he still gets picked. Just admit he's paff. Johnson and Baines were poor, Gerrard didn't cover himself in glory either - should've been taken off as he was clearly flagging. Milner might be a better option than Stevie for Uruguay, sad as I am to say that. Thought Sterling, Welbeck and Henderson did well, Sturridge had a good finish and Barkley and Lallana were good subs.

If we are going to lose, that's the way to do it. I think you can take pride in so much as we demanded possession, fucking ran at them and gave them everything. For all my bobbins jokes, we weren't awful. I've seen much worse from England.

Aulayna
06-15-2014, 01:25 AM
To be honest, the main positive for me is that our up and coming younger players seem like they have the potential to be miles better than some of the bobbins old codgers we have right now.

Bubba
06-15-2014, 01:36 AM
Wayne Rooney is so unappreciated in his time. He's like Dire Straits.

He worked so hard tonight, at being invisible. It was like he wasn't even there. That takes an awful lot of skill... to be so amazing that no-one even notices.

Bubba
06-15-2014, 01:44 AM
A player on your smurfing team. Get behind him you :bou::bou::bou::bou:.

Glen Johnson is wank. Where the smurf were you?!'

I may have given young Glen... a piece of constructive criticism. As in... you are a pile of ejaculate. But... at least I didn't post ten pictures referring to him as an inexperienced Paul Parker.

Psychotic
06-15-2014, 02:16 AM
To be fair, if Glen had taken that corner I don't even know what vegetables I would've thrown his way.

DK
06-15-2014, 02:48 AM
Fuck yeah keisuke, what an utter badman. Hope my adopted homeland can see this one out, the place will go crazy

Raistlin
06-15-2014, 03:39 AM
I would have watched this game, but I'm fairly certain the commentary here was more entertaining.

https://vine.co/v/MIqup0UpdpK

Ahahahaha except for that part anyway oh man that is glorious

EDIT: So I just watched the highlights on ESPN. Rooney's shank was also brilliant, especially after Italy's screw-up left him barely onside. (it originally looked like he was about 8 miles offside too, but nope)

Loony BoB
06-15-2014, 08:54 AM
Didn't see much of the game last night because I fell asleep about 10 minutes in (if I didn't figure out that you could turn off the commentary I'd have just turned the game off, though, thankyou BBC for that option as my headache at the time could not stand Phil Neville or whoever else was with him).

But I saw the reports today!

Rooney got an assist! What a smurfing pro, man. Best player bar none. :aimsun: If it weren't for Rooney it would obviously have been 2-0 to the Italians.

Psychotic
06-15-2014, 03:52 PM
This article sums up the problem with Rooney very well: http://www.football365.com/f365-says/9349764/F365-Says

Loony BoB
06-15-2014, 04:41 PM
I dunno. I mean, I didn't see much of the game so I'm definitely not the best person to talk to about it all (and I don't watch many England games all told) but I felt that the cross sent in by Rooney that lead to the goal would probably be a pretty great moment of his in the game rather than a failed counter attack detailed in that article.

I do, however, wonder if any other player had performed "as bad as" Rooney if there would be clamourings to see them dropped. There were - are - a number of players who have failed to perform at World Cups and it's only because Rooney is known as a striker that people look to the goals and say "see, he's useless." I don't see Rooney as a #10, personally. In his best season for United when he scored 27 goals, he was leading the attack far more often than before and he was loving it, I remember the articles about him loving leading the line and so forth and how it's actually where he prefers because he gets more chances. I'm not saying he should play in lead role because I feel Sturridge is better for it. I definitely feel that Rooney is best in a role that he is not being played in at all, and prefers not to play it should be said - that of central midfielder. You might not hear many people say it as often as it could be said, but Scholes said it himself that Rooney is suited to fill Scholes' old boots. He may not have the speed of many but he has the energy, the ability to dog players and tackle and more than anything in the past few seasons Rooney has gained the ability to send incredible balls forward or across the park with shocking accuracy. It genuinely reminds me of Scholes. If Rooney was able to get a bit more space (ie, if the other players weren't so quick to get in his way - probably because he's Rooney) and perhaps most importantly if he were eager to play there - or again even more importantly if Roy had the balls to drop the other central midfielders - then he'd be incredible there. I genuinely wish he would just be a CM for United because he's just so well suited to it. I just don't think it'll happen, sadly. Giggs made the move off the wing, Alan Smith made the move back from being a forward. Obviously they weren't the best in the world, but I feel Rooney is more suited to that move than they were and if only he were desiring it, he would be fantastic. I don't think it will, so oh well.

Not that I really care about how Rooney performs for England, it must be said. :shobon: I do feel more than anything that the other players aren't much better than he is with a few exceptions, so I do feel he gets far more criticism than any other player would. It seems to me that Rooney is one of the few players out there that doesn't need to be one of the three or four worst players on the pitch in order to be the #1 target of "drop the bastard". That isn't to say I think England should retain him if they are to be at their best, but more so just an observation as to Rooney being England's #1 Scapegoat because of his wages, reputation for a bad attitude towards various things and the "potential" people attribute to him.

Old Manus
06-15-2014, 05:21 PM
I never rated Rooney as highly as most from the beginning really. A top player, but he's no Alan Shearer, for example. Internationally he's been riding on the wave of a good Euro 2004 performance his entire career. That said, he's still probably England's most gifted player at the moment alongside Gerrard. I think there's always too much expectation on him to bang in goals, but the fact is that if he was going to peak, it's probably already happened.

Hoping for 2-goal margins for both France and Argentina tonight. I'm doing well so far :cool:

Psychotic
06-15-2014, 06:03 PM
The problem Rooney has is that if England are going to set up to play the England way, lighting quick counter attacks, he is not suited to that system. Sterling, Sturridge and Welbeck are all full of pace and movement. Rooney is more ponderous. This would perhaps be better in a tiki-taka side, or a team like Man United who will dominate a game. Last night the game was passing him by and that was clearly affecting him mentally - the corner, that awful shot when he was clear on goal, taking the ball off Barkley determined to score. He just doesn't fit what England try to do and so he shouldn't be shoe-horned in.

ps: hey old manus haven't heard you say raheem sterling is just a shit lloyd dyer lately :aimkiss:

Mahad
06-15-2014, 06:32 PM
England can win the next two matches and move on to the next stage.

If the refs keep helping Brazil, Brazil will take the cup. If not, then I think Germany or Argentina can take it.