PDA

View Full Version : Carrie

Ayen
05-15-2014, 10:53 PM
I watched the remake of Carrie yesterday starring Chloe Grace Moretz. It was... depressing as all hell. I should have known it would be, though, since it's based on a Steven King novel and all of his stories are depressing and have bad endings that leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Chloe was fantastic in it. I never saw the original movie or read the book so I can't compare, but what I saw left me feeling sorry for Carrie and dreading the inevitable bucket of pig's blood. I also enjoyed watching those high school girls die WAY too much.

Discuss.

Shauna
05-15-2014, 10:55 PM
I've not seen it, but I hear it is pretty much a scene-for-scene remake of the original movie, and not even a good scene-for-scene remake.

Ah well. I'll catch it one day.

Mercen-X
05-16-2014, 08:37 AM
Seen it. Also saw E.D. remake with Emma Stone. Left a bad taste in my mouth so I was kind of wary of this film going in. But it was awesome as the original. I kind of feel CGM did a better job than Sissy Spacek translating the thrill of coming into her power to the screen. Of course, we've had a lot more practice in recent years with all of the comics superhero movies and the found footage film Chronicle. While Evil Dead left room at the end for a sequel, Carrie is clearly dead, but this reiteration opened me to accept The Rage: Carrie 2 as acceptable in canon.