PDA

View Full Version : Heya!

Newmani
05-16-2014, 03:20 AM
I suppose I should introduce myself. I'm commonly known as Newmani. I read about this place from the Final Fantasy forums and since that place is a touch empty at the moment I figured I'd come on over here. I hang out at a multitude of places but the Maplestory forums is the place I most frequent. I should note that I'm a little strange, and I like Final Fantasy and Pokemon just a liiiittle too much.

So what kind of people are you guys? Is it not too insane in here? :blush:

Pumpkin
05-16-2014, 03:23 AM
Hello! I'm shion and I like the Pokemans as well. My favorite FF is IX, which ones are your favorites?

Newmani
05-16-2014, 03:26 AM
Hello! I'm shion and I like the Pokemans as well. My favorite FF is IX, which ones are your favorites?

IV and VII. Still working on III, and I have yet to play any of the others. :shobon:

Ayen
05-16-2014, 03:37 AM
*writes "I'll be a good boy" on the walls over and over*

I mean, no. Not too insane at all. Welcome 8D

Shorty
05-16-2014, 04:08 AM
We're insane enough! :jess:

Glad to have you here, new friend!

Newmani
05-16-2014, 04:21 AM
We're insane enough! :jess:

Glad to have you here, new friend!

Thank ya miss. :)

So what do you guys do around here?

Shorty
05-16-2014, 04:23 AM
Well, we have a general forum for general discussion, a food forum, a writing and art forum, bunches of gaming forums, blogs, and a chatroom! We just gab gab gab all day, really!

Sometimes people get into mischief by letting the giant gorilla out of its cage when the handlers are not watching.

Newmani
05-16-2014, 04:34 AM
Well, we have a general forum for general discussion, a food forum, a writing and art forum, bunches of gaming forums, blogs, and a chatroom! We just gab gab gab all day, really!

Sometimes people get into mischief by letting the giant gorilla out of its cage when the handlers are not watching.

...A food forum? Like a giant mess hall? Are there lots of food fights? http://i.somethingawful.com/images/emot-dance.gif

And what's this about a gorilla? ._.

Ayen
05-16-2014, 04:36 AM
There will be no stopping Gorilla Grodd, Shorty.

Shorty
05-16-2014, 04:36 AM
Hmm, I suppose you could call them food fights. There are very intense debates about which topping of pizza is correct/wrong, and the right term for a fizzy sweet bubbly non-alcoholic beverage that often comes in cans, bottles, of fountain drinks.

Shh shh, don't worry about the gorilla.

Newmani
05-16-2014, 04:44 AM
Hmm, I suppose you could call them food fights. There are very intense debates about which topping of pizza is correct/wrong, and the right term for a fizzy sweet bubbly non-alcoholic beverage that often comes in cans, bottles, of fountain drinks.

Shh shh, don't worry about the gorilla.

Well alright I might head on over there in a bit. Still wondering about that gorilla...

Miss Mae
05-16-2014, 05:02 AM
Welcome to the forum! I love Pokemon too, but I'm one of those traitorous kinds who are still living in their childhood and who gave up after Gen 2. :shobon: I hope you enjoy your stay here!

Newmani
05-16-2014, 05:06 AM
Welcome to the forum! I love Pokemon too, but I'm one of those traitorous kinds who are still living in their childhood and who gave up after Gen 2. :shobon: I hope you enjoy your stay here!

To be fair I can see why you quit playing after Gen 2. All the good glitches were in gens 1 and 2. Gen 3 has awesome glitches too though that people are just discovering as we speak! http://i.somethingawful.com/images/emot-dance.gif

Glitches aside I have a similar feeling about Gen 6. Them new Pokemon... yuck. They look like they came from Corna. :(

Miss Mae
05-16-2014, 05:08 AM
I think it had something to do with the anime for me. As a kid I watched the anime that followed the first and second gens so I was committed to each and every Pokemon. When the third gen came out, I wasn't watching anymore so it was just a bunch of new things that I had no story connection to. Also my first game was Silver, and I backplayed through the first gen games, so I have a bit of first game nostalgia for Gen 1 and Gen 2 as well.

Newmani
05-16-2014, 05:11 AM
I think it had something to do with the anime for me. As a kid I watched the anime that followed the first and second gens so I was committed to each and every Pokemon. When the third gen came out, I wasn't watching anymore so it was just a bunch of new things that I had no story connection to. Also my first game was Silver, and I backplayed through the first gen games, so I have a bit of first game nostalgia for Gen 1 and Gen 2 as well.
You had Silver version too? I freaking loved that game. I remember one playthrough I beat the Elite Four with my Pokemon at level 38 or so. Sadly the battery wiped out soon after...

Ayen
05-16-2014, 05:14 AM
I stopped playing during Gen 3 because my rival was being polite to me.

Listen, Pokemon, you make my rival a giant asshole I can't stand right this instance!

Miss Mae
05-16-2014, 05:16 AM
You had Silver version too? I freaking loved that game. I remember one playthrough I beat the Elite Four with my Pokemon at level 38 or so. Sadly the battery wiped out soon after...
I had such a good time when Soul Silver came out. Oh man, those nostalgia feels. And then Pokemon from Gen 3+ started being used and I had to sit with a Pokedex next to me so I could figure out what types they all were because I couldn't tell from the names. :mad:

Newmani
05-16-2014, 05:24 AM
I had such a good time when Soul Silver came out. Oh man, those nostalgia feels. And then Pokemon from Gen 3+ started being used and I had to sit with a Pokedex next to me so I could figure out what types they all were because I couldn't tell from the names. :mad:
Of course on the bright side only a small few of them showed up. And Kanto was completely restored, with the old legendaries and areas that were previously blocked off due to space restraints once again accessible. Pokemon Black and White were like what Pokemon Gold and Silver were for the previous generation, and they were glorious, but there's absolutely no Pokemon from the other generations available in game until after the credits roll so... if you're not into that I can't recommend it.

But this generation.... good lord it's awful. The starters and the box legendaries were the only great looking Pokemon in there, and the upcoming remakes of Ruby and Sapphire.... I dunno if I can take those. Even the names suck. Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby? I've seen fan remakes do better! :argh:

Miss Mae
05-16-2014, 05:40 AM
Adding new evolutions and whatnot bothered me. I am very attached to my originals - I don't need super awesome mega special Charizard or whatever. Charizard was always my (very cliche) favourite because I always went with fire starters and I love dragons, and he was the most dragon-looking of Gen 1. Dragonite was a massive disappointment. How did something as beautiful as Dragonair evolve into Dragonite? Derp.

Actually, that's the first thing I thought when I saw the new Charizard evolutions. Which of these seems to make more sense?

I might've loved Dragonite if he looked more like ​that.

Newmani
05-16-2014, 05:47 AM
Adding new evolutions and whatnot bothered me. I am very attached to my originals - I don't need super awesome mega special Charizard or whatever. Charizard was always my (very cliche) favourite because I always went with fire starters and I love dragons, and he was the most dragon-looking of Gen 1. Dragonite was a massive disappointment. How did something as beautiful as Dragonair evolve into Dragonite? Derp.

Actually, that's the first thing I thought when I saw the new Charizard evolutions. Which of these seems to make more sense?

I might've loved Dragonite if he looked more like ​that.

Eh, I don't think I could have. That entire design makes no sense and just plain wouldn't work. Those.... feathers? There's no supporting structure there so if he tried to fly with them they'd just bend and not catch the wind. And the eternal flames... Wouldn't he run out of fuel? As for Dragonite I thought it was cute but it could have been done a bit better. But I still love the bugger. I guess it just grew on me.

Miss Mae
05-16-2014, 05:51 AM
The Pokemon itself is fine - it's the lack of continuity in the evolution that bothers me. Dragonair is sleek, stylish and blue; Dragonite is none of those things.

Newmani
05-16-2014, 06:00 AM
The Pokemon itself is fine - it's the lack of continuity in the evolution that bothers me. Dragonair is sleek, stylish and blue; Dragonite is none of those things.

That sort of reminded me of a theory I once heard about Butterfree and Venomoth. Supposedly Venomoth was supposed to be Metapod's evolution, and Butterfree was supposed to be Venonat's evolution. Why the two were switched is unknown, but a lot of people theorize that cause of the eyes of both Butterfree and Venomoth matching Venonat and Metapod respectively.

NeoCracker
05-16-2014, 06:33 AM
Scyther shall always be the greatest of the Pokemon and I shall here no words against this indisputable fact. :colbert:

Shorty
05-16-2014, 06:34 AM
Really, you're going with Scyther?

Pumpkin
05-16-2014, 06:36 AM
I like Squirtle the mostest :3:

Newmani
05-16-2014, 06:38 AM
I... can't decide a favorite. There's Mew and Butterfree and Wigglytuff and Ninetails and Lugia and Mewtwo and Giratina and Charizard and Togetic and Yveltal.... and a couple dozen others.

NeoCracker
05-16-2014, 07:02 AM
Really, you're going with Scyther? Cause he's totes my favorite!

I like Scyther the mostest :3:

I... can't decide a favorite. There's Scyther and Scyther and Scyther and Scyther and Scyther and Scyther and Scyther and Scyther and Scyther and Scyther.... and a couple dozen others whose names are all Scyther.

Glad we could all see eye to eye on this one.

Newmani
05-16-2014, 07:06 AM
Really, you're going with Scyther? Cause he's totes my favorite!

I like Scyther the mostest :3:

I... can't decide a favorite. There's Scyther and Scyther and Scyther and Scyther and Scyther and Scyther and Scyther and Scyther and Scyther and Scyther.... and a couple dozen others whose names are all Scyther.

Glad we could all see eye to eye on this one.

Oh dear, we have yet another Missingno....

Psychotic
05-16-2014, 07:40 AM
Is it not too insane in here? :blush:Hello. My name is Psychotic. No further words are necessary. :joker:

TFF is a pretty god damn awesome site so glad to have another one of you fine folk over here. My Sims LP is on the front page of TFF right now actually! Loco is a boss.

Newmani
05-16-2014, 07:44 AM
Is it not too insane in here? :blush:Hello. My name is Psychotic. No further words are necessary. :joker:

TFF is a pretty god damn awesome site so glad to have another one of you fine folk over here. My Sims LP is on the front page of TFF right now actually! Loco is a boss.

Aww you can't possibly be as bad as Sephy or Kefka right? XD

As for coming from TFF I hate to say it but I'm new over there too. I was there.... then poofed for a while... then came back to find the place still empty. :(

Psychotic
05-16-2014, 07:48 AM
If you poof from here you will find me worse than a bad Sephiroth Cosplayer! :colbert: You will remain here and be my friend for ever and ever and ever :jess:

Newmani
05-16-2014, 07:51 AM
If you poof from here you will find me worse than a bad Sephiroth Cosplayer! :colbert: You will remain here and be my friend for ever and ever and ever :jess:

You sound more like Golem than a psychotic humanoid killer Rabbit of Caerbannog mister. I'm not impressed. :|

Pumpkin
05-16-2014, 07:53 AM
get out while you can I hope we can be friends :jess:

Newmani
05-16-2014, 07:56 AM
get out while you can I hope we can be friends :jess:

I'm gonna eventually need the powers of Master Spark aren't I? http://lparchive.org/Pokemon-Crystal/Smilies/emot-smith.gif

Psychotic
05-16-2014, 07:58 AM

You sound more like Golem than a psychotic humanoid killer Rabbit of Caerbannog mister. I'm not impressed. :|what if I show you my monocle? Will you be more impressed then? :monocle:

Newmani
05-16-2014, 08:00 AM

You sound more like Golem than a psychotic humanoid killer Rabbit of Caerbannog mister. I'm not impressed. :|what if I show you my monocle? Will you be more impressed then? :monocle:

...A little. :|

Psychotic
05-16-2014, 08:01 AM
I'll take it! :hattip:

Miss Mae
05-16-2014, 08:23 AM

That sort of reminded me of a theory I once heard about Butterfree and Venomoth. Supposedly Venomoth was supposed to be Metapod's evolution, and Butterfree was supposed to be Venonat's evolution. Why the two were switched is unknown, but a lot of people theorize that cause of the eyes of both Butterfree and Venomoth matching Venonat and Metapod respectively.
That's really accurate now that I think about it. Interesting...

Pike
05-16-2014, 10:41 AM
I see we have another smiley aficionado in the house http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/Pikestaff/smiley/getin001_zpscd2687d5.gif There are like thirty very important ones missing from this site that we need to add post haste.

Anyways hello! I am Pike, EoFF's resident Charmander and Trekkie. Nice to meet you! http://i.imgur.com/QXpavBe.png

Sephex
05-16-2014, 10:45 AM
Ever think of the jerk hole?

Quindiana Jones
05-16-2014, 01:49 PM
Hello. My name is often Quin, and I am made entirely out of lemon juice. Don't lick me. :|

There are some very important and potential life-threatening things that you should be made aware of before venturing into the general forums, but due to recent legislature gracefully imposed upon us by our kind and benevolent ruler, I'm not allowed to inform you of them.

How many windows can you see? :)

Loony BoB
05-16-2014, 05:14 PM
You'll fit into the little jigsaw puzzle of people that is EoFF just nicely. Welcome, Newmani. :D

Also, Scyther is pretty awesome. If Neo and I agree, it can't be wrong.

Shauna
05-16-2014, 06:24 PM
Welcome! Looks like you're fitting in just nicely with the non-insanity that is EoFF. Hope you enjoy the forum! :D

Ayen
05-16-2014, 06:30 PM
Jolteon is the best :colbert:

Newmani
05-16-2014, 06:55 PM
Hello. My name is often Quin, and I am made entirely out of lemon juice. Don't lick me. :|

There are some very important and potential life-threatening things that you should be made aware of before venturing into the general forums, but due to recent legislature gracefully imposed upon us by our kind and benevolent ruler, I'm not allowed to inform you of them.

How many windows can you see? :)

Uh.... ok. o_0

Anyways thanks for welcoming me into your nice little community guys. It seems real fun here and a lot less doomsday-ish like it is over in Maplestory. :shobon: