PDA

View Full Version : Least Favorite Movie of all Time

Wolf Kanno
05-16-2014, 08:19 AM
So of all the films you've watched, which one just makes you cringe thinking about it?

blackmage_nuke
05-16-2014, 08:35 AM
Hunchback of Notre Dame 2
Epic Movie/Disaster Movie/Meet the Spartans and every movie in that genre except for Not Another Teenage Movie which was actually kind of funny

I can't just pick one.

Pike
05-16-2014, 10:31 AM
Star Trek V
Star Trek Insurrection

Miss Mae
05-16-2014, 03:09 PM
The high school student in me is getting flashbacks of The Elephant Man and To Kill a Mockingbird. They weren't that bad, but man high school me did not enjoy those experiences at all.

Quindiana Jones
05-16-2014, 03:14 PM
I snuck into a second movie at a cinema once because I'm a cheeky bugger and wanted to watch an extra one for free. Didn't even care what film it was, as long as it was free. I left after ten minutes.

That film was The Bounty Hunter.

AssassinDX
05-16-2014, 07:27 PM
A film called The Man Who Sued God (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Man_Who_Sued_God), starring the very funny comedian Billy Connolly. The film itself was... not funny at all to put it politely, and apologies to the Australian members here but how it's apparently the 28th highest grossing film of all time in your country baffles me.

blackmage_nuke
05-16-2014, 09:34 PM
how it's apparently the 28th highest grossing film of all time in your country baffles me
If you mean the 28th highest grossing Australian Film then I could believe it since I'm hard pressed to name 28 Australian films.

If you mean it's the 28th highest grossing film in Australia out of all films then that statistic baffles me as well, and I would like to know where you got this information

Pumpkin
05-16-2014, 09:42 PM
A Scanner Darkly

maybee
05-17-2014, 10:11 AM
Hunchback of Notre Dame 2
Epic Movie/Disaster Movie/Meet the Spartans and every movie in that genre
I can't just pick one.

These

):

Bubba
05-17-2014, 01:38 PM
The Rollerblade Seven

I think it began with one of the seven 'blades' throwing a knife at another 'blades' face. She caught it in her mouth by the handle, spun on the spot and cut some guys throat.

Movies do not come much worse than this.

Quindiana Jones
05-17-2014, 02:51 PM
Bubba, that sounds and looks like an amazing film.

Bubba
05-17-2014, 03:09 PM
It's one of those films that might be kind of enjoyable if you were smashed with all your mates.

A bit like Mega Shark Versus Giant Octopus.

Jinx
05-17-2014, 03:20 PM
A film called The Man Who Sued God (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Man_Who_Sued_God), starring the very funny comedian Billy Connolly. The film itself was... not funny at all to put it politely, and apologies to the Australian members here but how it's apparently the 28th highest grossing film of all time in your country baffles me.

Thanks for posting this, because it reminded me of a movie I was saw called Suing the Devil. That's the worst fucking film I've ever seen!

Shiny
05-19-2014, 10:33 PM
Addio zio Tom

Such exploitation. So racism. Much slavery. Wow.

magemasher
05-19-2014, 11:38 PM
American pie. Everyone loves that film but I can't find one thing to make me laugh in that film (not seen the other 100) "the girl next door" now there is a film about losing your V plates.

Also Eragon, on paper it's my cup of tea but it was crap, Joss Stone is probably what killed it for me.

Shorty
05-19-2014, 11:39 PM
The Holy Mountain. No smurfing contest.

Rantz and I tried to watch Beyond the Black Rainbow and it was intensely uncomfortable for reasons we couldn't pinpoint and we ended up turning it off before we even knew what was going on. That's probably next on the list.

Also The Devil's Rejects. Uncomfortable, godawful, stupid pointless crap, and I think I remember there being n abhorrent rape scene, but it's possible I am confusing it with another film. I hate Rob Zombie.

Vyk
05-19-2014, 11:39 PM
Will Farrell movies tend to make me cringe. _______ Movie movies tend to make me cringe. But those experiences are generally over after the movie ends. I shudder and then move on with my life. And honestly I probably turn them off long before they end. But regardless, those experiences end when watching them ends

The one movie I remember being the most vehemently bothered by, long after the movie ended was for some reason "Knocked Up". Even now when I think about whats her face (Katherine Heigle?) I feel a twinge of anger. It's completely unreasonable how I feel. I hate her for her portrayal in that movie. I know it's just a character and boy did I hate the character, but I'll forever see that character in her. And she was just a stupid bitch being overly emotional during a pregnancy. It wasn't even a big deal. But something about how ridiculous she was throughout the whole movie, I dunno. I just hated her, and the movie and the entire experience. And seethed over it for a day or two after lol Really ridiculous. But oh well. Knocked Up remains my most hated movie. And I still have a hard time explaining quite why

Shorty
05-19-2014, 11:50 PM
No, she was a total bitch in that movie.

Madame Adequate
05-20-2014, 12:17 AM
Moulin Rouge by a mile. Battlefield Earth? The Room? Catwoman? Hitchcockian masterpieces in comparison. Even Adam Sandler's tax dodging vehicles aren't as bad as Moulin christsmurfingdamnit Rouge and by Neptune do I detest Adam Sandler.

Miss Mae
05-20-2014, 02:07 AM
Moulin Rouge by a mile. Battlefield Earth? The Room? Catwoman? Hitchcockian masterpieces in comparison. Even Adam Sandler's tax dodging vehicles aren't as bad as Moulin christsmurfingdamnit Rouge and by Neptune do I detest Adam Sandler.
I liked you... :cry:

Jinx
05-20-2014, 02:08 AM
Yeah, there's just something about Katherine Heigl I really can't stand. She's not that great of an actress and she always plays these neurotic and horrible characters, and I'm willing to bet she's typecast as such because she's like that in real life. She seems like she's horribly snobby and just I don't know.

As for my least favorite movie: while by no means the worst movie of all time, it's still the one I hate the most. And that award goes to The Notebook.

Shiny
05-20-2014, 02:16 AM
The Holy Mountain. No smurfing contest.

Rantz and I tried to watch Beyond the Black Rainbow and it was intensely uncomfortable for reasons we couldn't pinpoint and we ended up turning it off before we even knew what was going on. That's probably next on the list.

Also The Devil's Rejects. Uncomfortable, godawful, stupid pointless crap, and I think I remember there being n abhorrent rape scene, but it's possible I am confusing it with another film. I hate Rob Zombie.

The Holy Mountain was pretty cringe worthy. I had forgotten about that. No thanks to reminding me.

Shorty
05-20-2014, 02:27 AM
Haha, you're the only other person I know who's ever seen it. Why am I surprised at this!

Scotty_ffgamer
05-20-2014, 04:31 AM
One of my roommates always really wanted us to watch The Holy Mountain, and we just kept telling him no. I always felt kind of bad for always rejecting his movie choice, but I just knew nothing about it. I suppose I shouldn't feel bad about telling him no.

Shorty
05-20-2014, 04:32 AM
Do not feel bad for telling him no. Do not.

Newmani
05-20-2014, 07:29 PM
Well I would say Cars 2. But Cars 2 does not exist. At all. :sweat:

So I'll have to go with The Day After Tomorrow.