PDA

View Full Version : Uh, what do you mean I was supposed to save her?

Jinx
05-16-2014, 10:29 PM
Have you ever gotten a Game Over because you didn't/forgot to save Jessie? The second time I played this game (it'd been over five years since the last time I had picked it up) I didn't know I was supposed to save her and then I got a Game Over and I didn't save. :shobon:

Pumpkin
05-16-2014, 10:31 PM
Erm, no? I never got a game over for this and I didn't know you could. I just saved her because why not

Mercen-X
05-17-2014, 12:05 AM
Save her from what? The bomb..? Hmm... yeah, I've ditched her before. Game Over. The thing is that Jessie is necessary to get out. If you don't have her then one of the gates won't open and then you'll be stuck when the timer elapses and the bomb goes off with you inside.

Actually, if you hurry, you can go back and get her. The 10 minutes it takes for the bomb to go off is more than enough unless you've been turtling through the place.

Ayen
05-17-2014, 12:24 AM
I never had this problem because I always save her.

+5 Paragon

Jiro
05-17-2014, 03:31 AM
I forgot her the first time. I figured she had some last minute shit to do but nope her foot was stuck. Managed to make and back, save her, and escape just in time. I was very confused that first time.

maybee
05-17-2014, 11:09 AM
Yeah when I was pretty young I was confused and didn't know what to do and kept on getting confused on why when was getting a game over and my brother pointed out to me to save Jessie.

Bubba
05-17-2014, 12:11 PM
Never had a game over for this.

Even when I first played it was clear that she was stuck... or her shoelaces were tied together or something.

Jinx
05-17-2014, 02:25 PM
Hey, man. There's a BOMB. Every man for himself.

Jiro
05-17-2014, 02:43 PM
just get fatter ankles and we won't have this issue of falling through the holes in the floor

Parker
05-17-2014, 07:21 PM
I had no idea this was a thing. I knew you had to save her but I assumed as soon as you'd get to the top of the ladder she'd cry for help and you wouldn't be able to leave the room until you saved her.

Mercen-X
05-18-2014, 09:40 AM
Even if you save Jessie, you can get a Game Over. If you think you're safe standing just at the exist knowing that the explosion FMV takes place just as the group is running away on the catwalk... well, no such luck. Despite the FMV's "dramatic exit" shot, being right at the exit doesn't save you from the Kablooey. Kid-tested, player approved disappointed.

Raistlin
05-19-2014, 04:19 AM
Yeah, I didn't even know this was a thing either. I always saved her.

/winner

Alive-Cat
05-21-2014, 05:53 PM
I did one time, but only to test what would actually happen if I just left her there.