PDA

View Full Version : Let's be a dick to Aeris

Jinx
05-17-2014, 01:53 AM
I called her a slum drunk then told her I had nothing to talk about. It made me feel warm inside. I also like to tell her I have a girlfriend and push the wrong barrels so she'll have to fight the Turks.

Anyone else like to be a real butt to Aeris?

Newmani
05-17-2014, 01:58 AM
Considering she's my primary magic user up until.... THAT... incident, no. I only expend my childish and righteous fury on people who actually deserve it, not just cause I feel like it. :shobon:

Ayen
05-17-2014, 02:00 AM
Yeah. That's totally the reason I always miss with the barrels >.>

Jinx
05-17-2014, 02:19 AM
What can I say? I'm all about my Tifa babe.

Pumpkin
05-17-2014, 02:35 AM
Yeah I'm usually a jerk because she isn't the nicest lady herself

Jiro
05-17-2014, 03:27 AM
I'm not a jerk to Aerith but I can see the appeal in it. You can give her this real terrible life and then oops. No wonder she didn't move.

Scotty_ffgamer
05-17-2014, 06:12 AM
I'm never a jerk to her intentionally aside from calling her the slum drunk. I just find that option really funny.

Skyblade
05-17-2014, 06:14 AM
I'm not a jerk to her, but I do like to tease her a bit. It's fun. She teases Cloud enough that I just figure that's the sort of relationship they have.

Big D
05-17-2014, 07:00 AM
I've only *intentionally* been a jerk to her when I was trying to secure a date with either Barret or Yuffie. You've got to be as horrid as possible to both Aerith and Tifa to accomplish either feat, especially if you want the bearded, grizzly Avalanche action offered by Mr Wallace.

Rantz
05-17-2014, 07:49 AM
I've only *intentionally* been a jerk to her when I was trying to secure a date with either Barret or Yuffie. You've got to be as horrid as possible to both Aerith and Tifa to accomplish either feat, especially if you want the bearded, grizzly Avalanche action offered by Mr Wallace.
Yeah, when I do it it's mostly a conscious choice for the sake of the date scene. Although it is pretty funny to be a jerk, to be fair.

Wolf Kanno
05-17-2014, 09:50 AM
I like her, so I'm usually nice to her. Tifa's the clingy psycho bitch that deserves a good hard smack across her plothole creating head. If I had an option to do so, and drown Yuffie after I get Leviathan, I would probably rank this game much higher.

Pumpkin
05-17-2014, 09:53 AM
I like her, so I'm usually nice to her. Tifa's the clingy psycho bitch that deserves a good hard smack across her plothole creating head. If I had an option to do so, and drown Yuffie after I get Leviathan, I would probably rank this game much higher.

:eyebrow:

Wolf Kanno
05-17-2014, 10:09 AM
It would make it a better game. :colbert:

maybee
05-17-2014, 10:18 AM
Anyone else like to be a real butt to Aeris?

No ):

Even though she's one of my least fav Final Fantasy females no, just can't be mean or all that awful to her.

Sephiroth does all the work for you later on anyways.

Psychotic
05-17-2014, 10:28 AM
No, how could I be horrible to such a beautiful and delicate flower? One of the best and most tragic characters in Final Fantasy - no, in video game - history. I don't just bully people to make me feel good about myself, especially not such wonderful and sexy people.

...oh wait, sorry, I thought we were talking about Barret. Yeah, fuck Aerith.

Bubba
05-17-2014, 01:06 PM
I'm always nice to her. I'm definitely not an Aeris hater. I like Tifa too though, I wish they could have had nice three-way relationship. Aeris and Tifa always got on well. Maybe they could explore this option in the remake.

Mercen-X
05-18-2014, 09:30 AM
I swing both ways.

Raistlin
05-19-2014, 04:29 AM
I do enjoy being a jerk to Aerith. Those options are generally the most amusing.

We don't usually disagree on much FF-related, so this is a special moment for me: you have terrible taste in FF7 women.

Ok, Yuffie is unbearable, and I wanted to do the same to her the first time that bitch stole my materia, but I still like the Wutai sidequest.

(I'd still rather have the awkward, jailbaity Yuffie date than be with Aerith)

Parker
05-19-2014, 10:40 AM
I only mistreated Aeris to get the Barret date on my current playthrough. You also have to mistreat Tifa too. It made the game dialog really weird because the characters seemed to mean nothing.

Loony BoB
05-19-2014, 12:27 PM
My go-to name for Aeris in FFVII is "Bumface". I like her in Crisis Core, though... go figure.

Skyblade
05-20-2014, 06:41 AM
My go-to name for Aeris in FFVII is "Bumface". I like her in Crisis Core, though... go figure.

Crisis Core did a really great job of handling characterization for all the various characters who were actually in FFVII, up until the massive plot twists started and they through all that away in exchange for more retcons.

maybee
05-20-2014, 07:45 AM

Yeah Crisis Core Aeris is cute and she seems a bit more likable ?

i mean

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwn42h9JDa1r8curho1_500.gif

VS

http://i2.ytimg.com/vi/hCbew_EC0SA/0.jpg

Psychotic
05-20-2014, 08:18 AM
As with other issues, I wonder how much of it is down to poor translations. When you see the likes of Tifa, Aerith and Yuffie in other things such as Kingdom Hearts or what have you, none of them come out of it poorly.

Ayen
05-20-2014, 09:05 AM
Last time I saw Aerith's face she was being used as the face claim for a homicidal vampire who sang songs while she killed you, so...

I don't trust her.

Newmani
05-20-2014, 07:06 PM

Crisis Core did a really great job of handling characterization for all the various characters who were actually in FFVII, up until the massive plot twists started and they through all that away in exchange for more retcons.

My only real problem with that game is that dang glitch Genesis. He comes off as an arrogant prick, and causes a ton of problems both directly an indirectly. And he won't shut up. EVER. :|

But hey we got to beat the snot out of him twice, which was really nice. Too bad the fights were sorta boring. At least it's good stress relief.

Yellow_Magic
05-20-2014, 11:39 PM
cAtpPNKnybA

maybee
05-21-2014, 07:20 AM

My only real problem with that game is that dang glitch Genesis. He comes off as an arrogant prick, and causes a ton of problems both directly an indirectly. And he won't shut up. EVER. :|

But hey we got to beat the snot out of him twice, which was really nice. Too bad the fights were sorta boring. At least it's good stress relief.

Oh god yes

Genesis is a annoying prick and is basically Gackt.

Worst FF villain.

Newmani
05-21-2014, 08:38 PM

Oh god yes

Worst FF villain.

The fact he made my video card crash when he tried to use a limit break back when I was emulating Crisis Core on my computer doesn't help. The only thing good about him is Apocalypse, and even that's outclassed by Octaslash. He's a dang glitch I swear! :argh:

And even fighting him is boring. I died to Sephy, in two entirely different ways, and I just barely defeated him after using up all my Elixirs and running out of magic and just getting lucky, yet I beat the snot out of Gen in his second form with no magic at all, cause he ate up all my Ethers. At least his leitmotifs are nice but that doesn't make up for much!

Botchmun
05-22-2014, 05:36 AM
Aerith's so easy she'll let any emo with a ponytail ram his sword in her from behind.

Newmani
05-22-2014, 06:06 PM
Aerith's so easy she'll let any emo with a ponytail ram his sword in her from behind.

N... no. No. She's not, no. :cry:

(Also since when was Sephy emo? He's more into killing everybody else than cutting himself and writing (or reading) bad poetry like Gen.)

Yellow_Magic
05-22-2014, 08:29 PM

Worst FF villain.
Woah don't be hating on Gackt jabroni

:blush:

Newmani
05-22-2014, 08:48 PM

Worst FF villain.
Woah don't be hating on Gackt jabroni

:blush:

Who the hell is that? I thought we were talking about THIS (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Charizard_%27M) guy.