PDA

View Full Version : You Fucked Up

noxious.sunshine
05-17-2014, 08:36 AM
So Jay & I were invited to go to Six Flags down in Jerzey by some friends.

Of course they flaked- just like they did the last 2 times we were supposed to go and the time we were all supposed to go snowboarding right after I got here.

I had a feeling they would, so I told my BF let's just go by ourselves. I'd rather do that anyway.

So today, I get the tickets on-line and the next screen tells me "You must have valid photo ID to use these tickets" ('cuz they have our names on them and all that).. I nearly died. I don't have a photo ID 'cuz I've gotta mail off the form to get a replacement one from Texas.

I nearly croaked and went into panic mode 'cuz that would've potentially been $120 down the drain (online tickets are only $45, but at the gate it's like $70).

I called customer relations and talked to someone and they said my birth certificate would work. Thank. Goodness.

But it could've been bad. Really bad. We're a little low on dough until tomorrow (later today?) so buying the tickets & parking pass was a bit of a stretch.

Anywho- have y'all ever screwed up like that?

Rantz
05-17-2014, 12:26 PM
Well, I once wasted $1500 or so by forgetting my passport when I was supposed to fly to South America on non-refundable tickets. So there's that. :shobon:

Bubba
05-17-2014, 12:44 PM
I don't really smurf up with travel plans as I'm always extra careful.

I did get caught without a valid ticket once though and had to pay £80. I had a ticket that only went two stops. I stayed on a few extra stops as I was going to my girlfriends and there were a mass horde of inspectors waiting at her station. My own fault so I had to cough up.

Pike
05-17-2014, 03:01 PM
OMG Rantz that is like my worst nightmare

That and forgetting my retainer so all my teeth shift

Aulayna
05-17-2014, 03:12 PM
The worst I've ever done was booked a flight back to the UK, then overslept on the day I was supposed to fly.

Pike
05-17-2014, 04:10 PM
oh right, I did miss my flight out of the U.K. because of horrific London traffic. But they just let me re-book for the next day at no extra cost.

Shorty
05-17-2014, 05:26 PM
I flew to California for a round of interviews with a couple of different companies on a strict schedule. My very last interview I thought would not take more than an hour, and I left myself about two and a half hours to get to the airport. The interview ended up lasting three hours, and I was faced with the decision of having to put a stop to the interview so I could catch my plane or stick it out in hopes that I would make an awesome interviewee.

I stuck it out like a champ (see: promptly exploded into sobs and anxiety about how I would get home as soon as I exited the building) and had to spend a miserable night in the Oakland airport for a 6am flight the next day.

I didn't get the job that made me miss my flight so it totally wasn't worth it :( but I did get the second one I wanted!

blackmage_nuke
05-17-2014, 05:44 PM
Not really, sometimes I accidentally buy a return train ticket instead of a one way when I forget I'm getting a lift back but that's never more than an extra $3.

Mercen-X
05-18-2014, 08:35 AM
I have never messed anything up in my 29 years on this salty rock we call a planet. I'm a paragon of perfection, people.

EDIT: Chances are more likely that I've messed up more than my share. Hard pressed to think of anything though.

Iceglow
05-18-2014, 09:49 AM
Not really a mess up, but I once brought tickets to visit a friend in Sweden. Just under 2 weeks before I was due to fly to Stockholm (on non-refundable tickets), her Nana died unexpectedly and she had to go to the very north of the country (for the funeral and stuff) and would be there for like 3 weeks as there was a lot to take care of. As I had planned on staying at hers for the week and didn't know her house mate that well, I was left in that horrible position of having to choose between; going and spending all my cash on hostels to sleep in, or not going at all. I chose the latter but I lost like £160 on flights and the coaches to the airport.

Other than that, I've never had a duff travel event happen and the above is hardly anyone's screw up. I just learnt that even when things have been set in stone, keep a back up plan ready.

Shiny
05-18-2014, 01:56 PM
I'm actually at an airport now waiting for a layover flight to Paris because my boyfriend is chronically late for things and he didn't listen to me when I said let's just take a taxi instead of trying to find the shuttle from where we are to Nice. I paid a little extra for insurance so it would have been free for me to stay an extra day but then my friend who lives in Paris would have had to come pick us up from the airport so yeah we just ended up paying only $32 for the layover to leave later this afternoon.

noxious.sunshine
05-18-2014, 05:11 PM
lol my Grandfather had tickets to the Daytona 500 and finally decided to use them (they were the kind that can be used whenever, but only 1x or something)..

He and his 3rd wife had moved down to Gainesville, FL on the opposite side of the state from Ohio just before they got married. Anywho.

They drove all the way to Daytona, got there, realized they'd left their tickets at home.

That almost happened to us yesterday. Jay was rushing me out the door after he went and got the car and I forgot our tickets. Thankfully we hadn't gotten too far when he asked me about them.

fire_of_avalon
05-19-2014, 12:31 AM
Once it was left to me to buy plane tickets for a wedding I was attending but for some reason I was comparing prices from two airports, one right next door and one about 2.5 hours away.

Yeah. :shobon:ing it up for like a week after that.

Madame Adequate
05-19-2014, 12:41 AM
First time I visited Rye, we got to the airport with what we thought was plenty of time, and they were like "lol nope can't go, you gotta be here X time earlier if your flight is leaving the country". It was BS. Just came back a couple days later though, and I don't think they charged to rearrange the flights.

Colonel Angus
05-19-2014, 12:58 AM
Not a personal story but a few years back my cousins were going to a Korn concert w/ a couple of friends. One of them got the tickets online, but didn't remember where he kept them. He had me, his mom & my mom search all over their house looking for the tickets. I think he ended up calling Ticketmaster to get replacements.

o_O
05-19-2014, 01:49 AM
One time, I bought tickets for the Soundwave music festival for myself and four friends and then lost the tickets. On the day of the concert I realised I couldn't find them and the ticket agency wouldn't cancel/replace them that close to the event and I had to buy five new tickets, so that was 600 bucks down the drain. After I got home I found them in my guitar bag, when I'd placed them for "safekeeping".