PDA

View Full Version : Ciddies Nomination Time! EoFF Awards at their best! NOMINATIONS HAVE CLOSED!

Queen Award, First of Her Name
05-17-2014, 04:08 PM
:ciddie: :ciddie: STOP: Ciddies Time! :ciddie: :ciddie:

Hey yo. :aimsun: I'll be damned if I'm going to miss three Ciddies in a row! Although I'll note straight away that Award Pimp and Award Princess did a smurfin' awesome job. These guys keep me on my toes, you see - they help to add new things to the Ciddies while I focus on picking out my favourite traditional things about the Ciddies and combining it with some of the newer things. For example, I've kept the new system for Best Male/Female... I find it works out pretty well! However, at the same time, I've brought back a lot of old awards this time around... some are probably well known to many of you, while others haven't made an appearance for over a decade! Hopefully you'll find this all settles into a nice mix.

On another plus note, it also meant you got to check out that Award Princess. What a fox! It's been a really long time since we've seen a host in a dress. Sorry everyone - no chance of me doing that anytime soon. Everyone says I look best in either a suit, jeans and a t-shirt or the buff. :aimwink:

One more thing and I'll need your input on this one - expect an audio revelation alongside the normal thread/chat revelations! I'm currently weighing up Skype (easier for everyone to get involved as lots of people use Skype) and EoFF's TeamSpeak server (easier for group chats due to the high functionality such as turning up and down the volume of individuals). Please let me know what you think!

Alright, alright, I know what you're here for. Let's get this show on the road! Welcome, ladies and gents, to the 26th Ciddies! Let's party!

NOTE: NOMINATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED

And the Ciddies are...

1. Best Member
2. Best Male [automated through Best Member, don't bother nominating]
3. Best Female [automated through Best Member, don't bother nominating]
4. Best Administrator/Developer/Tech Admin [automated, don't bother nominating]
5. Best Cid's Knight [automated, don't bother nominating]
6. Best Editor [automated, don't bother nominating]
7. Best Recognized Member/Contributor [must have Recognized Member or Contributor title]
8. Best Veteran [must have no official title and have registered between 1999 and 2009]
9. Best Regular [must have no official title and have registered between 2010 and 2012]
10. Best Newbie [must have no official title and have registered between 2013 and 2014]
11. Nicest Member
12. Evilest Member
13. Sexiest Male
14. Sexiest Female
15. Cutest Male
16. Cutest Female
17. Best Custom Rank
18. Best Avatar
19. Best Signature
20. Best Artist
21. Best Writer
22. Best Final Fantasy Forums Poster
23. Best #eoff Chatter
24. Best Thread
25. Best Post
26. Best Let's Play
27. Best Article / Article Series
28. Funniest Member
29. Weirdest Member
30. Biggest Kid
31. Most Confused Member
32. Most Supportive Member
33. Most Mysterious Member
34. Most Welcoming Member
35. Most Intimidating Member
36. Most Underrated Member
37. Most Missed Member
38. Most Productive Member
39. Most Helpful Member
40. Cutest Couple [must be a genuine couple]
41. Be the Next Staffer
42. Get Banned
43. Win a Ciddie for the Very First Time [here is a list of previous winners (http://www.eyesonff.net/BoB/ciddiewinners.txt)]
44. Be Vladimir Putin
45. Play at the FIFA World Cup
46. Streak at the FIFA World Cup
47. Be too busy playing FFXIV to post frequently at EoFF
48. Be Batman
49. Be Superman
50. Get Together

The Rules:
Rule #1 - You can nominate yourself for no more than three awards.
Rule #2 - You can nominate any one member for no more than five awards, excluding Cutest Couple.
Rule #3 - Do not post your nominations - PM them (http://forums.eyesonff.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=2986).
Rule #4 - PM nominations to Award Guy (http://forums.eyesonff.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=2986), not anyone else!
Rule #5 - PM your nominations by the closing date - this time around that'd be 24th May, 2014.
Rule #6 - Do not spam up the Ciddies Thread with self-advertising.
Rule #7 - You cannot make more than three nominations per award. If you do, I'll take the first ones you've nominated.
Rule #8 - You can't be nominated for avatar, custom rank and/or sig if you do not have an avatar, custom rank and/or sig - unless you remove them at some time during the Ciddies.
Rule #9 - Changes/additions can be made however often you like. Please title any PM's with Changes as 'Nomination Changes' or 'Vote Changes', and the same for additions (only 'Additions' should replace 'Changes' in the title. Duh).
Rule #10 - Nominations for Ciddie #43 must NOT be past Ciddies winners.
Rule #11 - People who are NOT currently couples shouldn't be voted as Cutest Couple - this is for people who ARE already couples.
Rule #12 - People who are currently couples shouldn't be voted as Most Likely To Get Together - this is for people who are NOT already couples. By 'Get Together', I mean 'Become A Couple'.

*deep breath*

Also - You don't have to make nominations for every award.
Also - When nominating, please think not of overall, but purely of the last six months. In other words, if someone was really helpful one year ago, and they don't help much now, they shouldn't get that award. This is purely for the occurrences of the last six months!
Also - All nominations are strictly confidential - the only other person with access to the Award Guy account is Loony BoB.
Also - You cannot publically post your nominations or votes until after the final voting has occurred - a thread can be made for them a bit after the results are shown.
Also - To be nominated into the second round for an award, a member must obtain two nominations in that award. However, should eight members all receive three nominations, then the cut-off will be raised to three nominations, and the same for eight members receiving four nominations each, and so on. The only exception to this rule will be if only 1-3 members will be cut, meaning it's not worth the change.
Also - I hold the right to reject any nominations/votes for any reason, most often this is that the member hasn't been active in the forums or chatroom in the past six months.
Also - For a list of past Ciddies winners, THE LIST (http://www.eyesonff.net/BoB/ciddiewinners.txt)
Also - Award Guy, Election Booth and second accounts are only allowed to be voted for the MLT (Most Likely To...) and Profile (Custom Title, Avatar, Signature) Ciddies.
Also - Banned members are only allowed to be voted for the Best Chatter and Most Missed Member Ciddies.
Also - If a member belongs to more than one group (e.g. Former Staff AND Site Staff) then they are eligible ONLY for the first of those groups to appear in the list. This covers Ciddies for Best Admin, Cid's Knight, Site Staff, Recognized Member/Former Staff, Veteran, Regular and Newbie.
Also - Let's keep it fun. GO! Nominate!

Nominations will close sometime this weekend. We'll say Saturday night (GMT) for now, and see how it all goes.

Psychotic
05-17-2014, 04:08 PM
Didn't we just have these? Congrats to all the winners. Hello my name is Old Manus etc. :cool:

PS: I haven't been nominated for Best Member for like three years and I've only won it once, six years ago. It's about bloody time #psychotic2014 :colbert:

Pike
05-17-2014, 04:13 PM
Congrats to all the damnit Paul

Psychotic
05-17-2014, 04:15 PM
:cool:

Love the FIFA categories.

Denmark
05-17-2014, 04:17 PM
#psychotic2014

you used a hashtag so no

these are a month early

Jiro
05-17-2014, 04:20 PM
Congrats to all the winners. Please don't vote for me. :banme:

blackmage_nuke
05-17-2014, 05:36 PM
What happened to best blogger? and still no category for best rep commenter :(

Aulayna
05-17-2014, 05:39 PM
Nominations will close sometime this weekend. We'll say Saturday night (GMT) for now, and see how it all goes.

Shortest nomination period ever.

Pike
05-17-2014, 05:39 PM
Ah good. Proud to see that the Most Hardcore Gamer Ciddie has truly been retired and that it shall always belong to me. :smug:

theundeadhero
05-17-2014, 05:51 PM
What are this? Ciddies?

Del Murder
05-17-2014, 05:56 PM
Del Murder 4 Best Admin

Dat Matt
05-17-2014, 06:03 PM
Mr. Shauna 5 b3zt aDM1n.

Wait...

Colonel Angus
05-17-2014, 06:24 PM

Shortest nomination period ever.
The fix is in.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
05-17-2014, 06:40 PM
Save all your troubles. Simply vote for me in every category. ;)

The Man
05-17-2014, 07:34 PM
Welcome llatshlhfrs.

Pumpkin
05-17-2014, 08:10 PM
Posting for subscription

YAY CIDDIES

:omgomg::omgomg::omgomg::omgomg::omgomg::omgomg::omgomg:

Vote shion 4 best shion

05-17-2014, 08:22 PM
What happened to best blogger? and still no category for best rep commenter :(
Both were in there last year, one of them both times! I hope for Best Blogger to return next time though - on this occasion it has indeed been sacrificed, but it certainly is a tough juggle. I had my proposed 100 awards cut down to 50 by that mean old bastard BoB. Harsh!

No advertising Psy! And Murd, you're out of the Admin category! You could win your first Best RM Ciddie for a decade, though! :o

Scotty_ffgamer
05-17-2014, 09:00 PM
Ok I flew to London for the Ciddies. Am I doing this right? Where is everyone? I hope I win best dressed because I'm getting a lot of weird looks for my cactaur costume.

05-17-2014, 11:30 PM
Thankyou to Loony BoB for sending in the first full set of nominations! Er, and also the only set. C'mon, people!

Lonely Paper Star
05-17-2014, 11:38 PM
I sent mine. :cool:

Del Murder
05-18-2014, 12:50 AM
Thankyou to Loony BoB for sending in the first full set of nominations! Er, and also the only set. C'mon, people!
You're doing it wrong. You're supposed to do your nominations last so that you can use them to bump up many worthy nominees into the finals.

Scotty_ffgamer
05-18-2014, 04:45 AM
So no one is in London yet. I wanted to show everyone how I rigged my costume to actually be able to perform the 1,000 Needles attack. This modification was almost a disaster though. Luckily, the guy I shot 1,000 needles at was just robbing a store. Unwittingly, I have become a cactuar-garbed vigilante. BoB, please come dressed as a chocobo and fight crime with me. Help.

On a serious note, I just got home from work and will be going early tomorrow it looks like so it might be a little bit before I can get nominations in.

Jiro
05-18-2014, 05:00 AM
I might skip nominations this time 'cause nobody ever thinks of the same clever choices that I do :ffvisad: If anyone is too lazy to nominate, let me know and I will give you mine so we can get them in :ffviwave:

Del Murder
05-18-2014, 05:18 AM
Let's talk.

Wolf Kanno
05-18-2014, 05:31 AM
Done, I even filled out some stuff I normally don't.

Also where is member most likely to get their own smiley? 54812

Miss Mae
05-18-2014, 06:05 AM
Ciddies? Exciting! :excited:

The Man
05-18-2014, 06:10 AM
Feel free to contact me too, Jiro.

Jiro
05-18-2014, 06:32 AM
Probably update the rules to reflect the current titles. Also, what does an official title count as? Last time, I could be nominated in Best Veteran but am I excluded because I am Recognized?

EDIT: also added Del Murder and The Man to the list of nomination recipients. If you want a copy, gimme a shout.

Jiro
05-18-2014, 06:37 AM
Is that a nomination for MLT Streak at the World Cup?!

noxious.sunshine
05-18-2014, 06:46 AM
Best Newb.

This will be my last chance to be eligible to get it most likely before getting scooched into the "regular member" category & never getting a shot again. lol

Madame Adequate
05-18-2014, 06:46 AM
Sorry bad news Ciddies are cancelled forever because of Prime Minister Modi.

blackmage_nuke
05-18-2014, 07:22 AM
I rarely nominate but if you send me a copy-pasteable PM of your nominations Jiro I will send them in!

Mainly so I can avoid getting the "Over 50% of active members each year are deprived of Ciddies due to lack of nominations. please do your part for the needy" PM from who ever is sending out the guilt PM's this year

Jiro
05-18-2014, 07:27 AM
I think my nominations are fairly decently spread. Still got a few to go through. I'll add your name to the list.

Psychotic
05-18-2014, 08:26 AM
I do a thing where I send in a full set of nominations and don't nominate anyone twice. It's really bloody hard! :lol:

Jiro
05-18-2014, 08:32 AM
Last call if you want a copy of my nominations.

Jiro
05-18-2014, 08:33 AM
I do a thing where I send in a full set of nominations and don't nominate anyone twice. It's really bloody hard! :lol:That's pretty impressive. 150 odd members is well beyond even the peripherally active list.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
05-18-2014, 08:39 AM
Hey yo. :aimsun:

Typhoon Tha Reapa?

Psychotic
05-18-2014, 08:41 AM
I do a thing where I send in a full set of nominations and don't nominate anyone twice. It's really bloody hard! :lol:That's pretty impressive. 150 odd members is well beyond even the peripherally active list.You'd be surprised, actually. The top posters of the year is a godsend! http://home.eyesonff.com/misc.php?do=vsatpomy&m=13&y=2014&page=6

The Man
05-18-2014, 08:44 AM
That link just loads as the smilies list for me. Must be an admin/staff-only thing.

Pumpkin
05-18-2014, 08:53 AM
Yeah I just get smilies too

Sephex
05-18-2014, 08:54 AM
Cool. I will have to nominate sometime soon!

Miss Mae
05-18-2014, 08:54 AM
Thanks Psychotic - that list of smilies really helped me with my noms! Most Helpful Member, right there. :p

Jiro
05-18-2014, 08:56 AM
That link just loads as the smilies list for me. Must be an admin/staff-only thing.

Everything is a lot easier when you can access fancy lists :ffvisad:

Psychotic
05-18-2014, 09:01 AM
Oh really? Wow, sucks to be all of you plebs. :cool:

Pumpkin
05-18-2014, 09:02 AM
Oh really? Wow, sucks to be all of you plebs. :cool:

:|

*changes nicest member vote*

Jiro
05-18-2014, 09:06 AM
Yeah wow true colours coming out tonight :ffvilaugh:

maybee
05-18-2014, 10:57 AM
Not to be rude or anything, but who or what is the main trophy supposed to be ???

http://home.eyesonff.com/images/eoff_smilies/smallciddie.gif

It has always personally, given me that Ansem KH vibe. I guess if you didn't vote, you would be heartless wouldn't you ?

Jiro
05-18-2014, 11:25 AM
Not to be rude or anything, but who or what is the main trophy supposed to be ???

:ciddie:

It has always personally, given me that Ansem KH vibe. I guess if you didn't vote, you would be heartless wouldn't you ?

It is forum founder Cid :ffvilaugh:

Shauna
05-18-2014, 11:32 AM
You'd be surprised, actually. The top posters of the year is a godsend! http://home.eyesonff.com/misc.php?do=vsatpomy&m=13&y=2014&page=6

Thanks, this legitimately will be super useful for my nominations! ;)

blackmage_nuke
05-18-2014, 04:06 PM
Out of curiosity does the white artefacts around the ciddie bother anyone else? I dont want to step on any long standing traditions but is it just because no one has ever bothered to edit them out?

Doesnt this look a lot nicer:
54855 :ciddie:

Rantz
05-18-2014, 04:10 PM
Yes, yes it does.

The Man
05-18-2014, 04:43 PM
I can't tell a difference. Did someone already fix it?

Pike
05-18-2014, 04:45 PM
They look the same to me too. :gator:

The Man
05-18-2014, 04:47 PM
Not to me it doesn't :gator: Did you try updating your cache?

Pike
05-18-2014, 04:48 PM
Nope, not seeing any white dots on either. :shobon:

Pike
05-18-2014, 04:52 PM
...no I'm serious, I actually can't see a difference xD It might be my theme or something.

blackmage_nuke
05-18-2014, 04:52 PM
Theres not much difference but it's there. It might be harder to tell if you're using a lighter forum skin

The Man
05-18-2014, 04:54 PM
I'm using the darkest forum skin there is, Faded Fantasy. There isn't any difference for me. I think you guys are still seeing a difference because you have the old image in your cache and it hasn't updated yet for you. If you load the image into a new window and do ctrl+F5 it should update.

Pike
05-18-2014, 05:04 PM
Oh okay. I had to put my nose like two inches from the screen but I finally saw the difference. Whoo!

Rantz
05-18-2014, 05:05 PM
I hard refreshed the image and the artifacts are definitely still there. Your monitor settings might be to blame if you can't see it.

The Man
05-18-2014, 05:06 PM
oh, I just looked again and it's definitely there now. I guess I was expecting a more significant difference from the way you people were all talking about it. Those dots definitely aren't "white", they're just a slightly lighter shade than the background.

blackmage_nuke
05-18-2014, 05:08 PM
Still it can bother people like bad kerning

The Man
05-18-2014, 05:10 PM
yeah I'm not saying it's not mildly annoying (I'm OCD in some ways too), it's just not as bad as I was expecting from people's descriptions

Quindiana Jones
05-18-2014, 05:16 PM
Fuck me. It's a party in here with all you image nerds. xD

Raistlin
05-18-2014, 05:24 PM
The last images blackmage_nuke posted definitely have a difference. He has the (admittedly tiny) little white parts blinking on the left image now, so if you still can't see the difference, I recommend visiting an ophthalmologist. Or at least changing your theme to NeoClassic where the distinction is obvious.

Del Murder
05-18-2014, 06:05 PM
And that, boys and girls, was How Blackmagenuke Saved the Ciddies. The End.

Scotty_ffgamer
05-18-2014, 06:08 PM
MLT Find White Spots in Ciddies Trophies 2014: blackmage_nuke

Del Murder
05-18-2014, 06:09 PM
He noticed Underrated Member was back so he has to step up his game.

Agent Proto
05-18-2014, 06:10 PM
Theres not much difference but it's there. It might be harder to tell if you're using a lighter forum skin

On Old Skool, the trophy on the left looks like it could be a hoverboard, or a spacecraft of some sort.

Colonel Angus
05-18-2014, 06:47 PM
When do we start voting on this thing?

blackmage_nuke
05-18-2014, 11:20 PM
I'll just accept my Best Artist Ciddie now thanks :colbert:

Usually a day or two after nominations end (currently Saturday Night GMT). Unless you're talking about when we vote on removing those light dots from the ciddies in which case we shouldnt vote and just do it.

Colonel Angus
05-18-2014, 11:40 PM
I'll just accept my Best Artist Ciddie now thanks :colbert:

Usually a day or two after nominations end (currently Saturday Night GMT). Unless you're talking about when we vote on removing those light dots from the ciddies in which case we shouldnt vote and just do it.
I thought the nomination process ended yesterday. :blush: I guess he meant next Saturday.

Ayen
05-19-2014, 04:14 AM
Congrats to all the win-- oh, we're not doing that anymore?

Mercen-X
05-19-2014, 04:28 AM
I'm already bored. I don't think I've ever won a Ciddie.

Denmark
05-19-2014, 05:21 AM
oh i just sent my nomination did i do it too late

Loony BoB
05-19-2014, 08:36 AM
Nominations end this coming Saturday, not the Saturday the Ciddies began. Apologies for any confusion!

maybee
05-19-2014, 10:26 AM

:ciddie:

It is forum founder Cid :ffvilaugh:

Oh whoops sorry

I hope I didn't offend the guy ;__;

just looked Ansem-ish xD

btw voted !

05-19-2014, 08:00 PM
11 sets of nominations in! I need at least another 29 before I'm going to think about heading to the finals. Keep them coming, everyone!

Jess
05-19-2014, 08:27 PM
Yay, I've missed the last few. I'll participate this time! :excited:

LocoColt04
05-20-2014, 03:05 AM
Vote shion 4 best shionBut...
What if shion is NOT the best shion?

._.

Ayen
05-20-2014, 03:18 AM
Vote shion 4 best shionBut...
What if shion is NOT the best shion?

._.

Nonsense. Shion is the bested best Shion to ever Shion in the Seven Shions.

Edit: Sent in my nominations.

Miss Mae
05-20-2014, 04:04 AM
THERE ARE SEVEN SHIONS? Bloody hell.

Pumpkin
05-20-2014, 04:09 AM

Del Murder
05-20-2014, 04:46 AM
Can I just say +1 to all of Jiro's nominations or are you going to make me actually copy and paste it? He wrote a long ass thing for it.

Sephex
05-20-2014, 05:33 AM
There we go. Put in my noms. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yeah....

LocoColt04
05-20-2014, 05:51 AM
I nommed some noms. I might nom more noms later!

blackmage_nuke
05-20-2014, 06:51 AM
So I take it were not going to hd remake the ciddie?

Parker
05-20-2014, 08:56 AM
I have submitted my nominations

Loony BoB
05-20-2014, 10:08 AM
Can I just say +1 to all of Jiro's nominations or are you going to make me actually copy and paste it? He wrote a long ass thing for it.
No further copy/pastes of Jiro's nominations will be accepted, it would be pointless to do so other than to increase the amount of time spent doing tallying work. You're better off to just pick out a random member for a random award and be done with it if you just want to get your name ticked off the list. If you intention is to be helpful and productive, though, it would be awesome to get some new nominations - almost every last one of Jiro's nominations have been sent in triplicate already, so it's extremely likely they have already made the finals...

I do encourage people working together to get people into the finals, but I prefer these people to actually work together to do so, discussing the options and picking out the best ones, rather than simply having one person's viewpoint sent in multiple times.

nuke: I'll try to remember to update it at some point when I'm back home with access to FTP!

Quindiana Jones
05-20-2014, 12:06 PM
If Del Murder doesn't win most productive member, then I'm out. The guy just had twins, for chrissake! :p

Del Murder
05-20-2014, 02:38 PM
That brings up another question. Are current members only up for nomination or can future members be considered? I want to nominate my son and daughter for Cutest Male and Female.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v420/delmurder/unnamed_zpsfe0226a1.jpg

Loony BoB
05-20-2014, 03:26 PM
Is your dog due to register? Because

Rantz
05-20-2014, 04:19 PM
I nominate Agent Proto.

Shorty
05-20-2014, 05:36 PM
Are we having a drunk skype party this year on a weekend? Last summer was so much fun!

Freya
05-20-2014, 05:39 PM
I've been so busy I didn't even realize this was up. Oops

Shauna
05-20-2014, 05:47 PM
Urgh we are probably going to miss revelations due to prior social engagements. Urghghghgh!

Shorty
05-20-2014, 05:47 PM
THIS IS YOUR SOCIAL ENGAGEMENT SHAUNA MAKE IT A PRIORITY BE THERE OR BE SQUARE

Shauna
05-20-2014, 05:51 PM
I WILL TRY! ;_;

Loony BoB
05-20-2014, 05:53 PM
Are we having a drunk skype party this year on a weekend? Last summer was so much fun!
Just for anyone who missed it, please read the first post of this thread! Particularly the part in bold. This time around you may listen to the results being revealed live on either Skype or TeamSpeak - I'm yet to decide which I'll go with.

+ Skype has the benefit of auto-recording on my PC so I can easily save it and let people listen to it later on.
+ There's also the obvious benefit of a lot of people already having it!
- The downside is that it could be awkward when everyone is being noisy to keep the results churning out, especially if someone is really noisy or there are a lot of people.
- The other downside is that you need to have an account, and anyone in that room will suddenly know your Skype account once you're in the room.

TeamSpeak
+ TeamSpeak has the added benefit of people being able to mute or turn up/down the volume on particular people who happen to be obnoxiously loud or extremely quiet, so it's much more user friendly once you're in.
+ TeamSpeak also doesn't require any account creation.
- The downsides are that few people by comparison have it installed. They would need to download it and install it on their machine (http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/152792-TeamSpeak).
- ...and that I would have to record it on some other system. Maybe Audacity or something, I guess?

Stream It?
+ Anyone can simply load a page and it'll work.
+ Will be a boring random window on my PC, perhaps even some Notepad or something, as I obviously don't want to show off the results ahead of schedule when I flick between Excel/EoFF/IRC/etc.
- It could cut out. Sadly I have a habit of my PC cutting out during streams...
- Little to no interaction with me.

Shorty
05-20-2014, 05:54 PM
I was more worried about the drunk part than that skype part.

Loony BoB
05-20-2014, 05:56 PM
I expect there will be drinking involved. It's tradition... right? I know I'll be drinking. Hopefully I can hold out long enough to not sober up before the end this time...

Loony BoB
05-20-2014, 06:00 PM
I don't understand the definition of 'pacing oneself'. I'm awful at it, seriously. I just drink until my glass is empty then refill. I get pretty drunk pretty fast sometimes. :shobon:

I vote Skype. I don't want to install Teamspeak. Plus I don't want everyone to mute me. ;-;
The great thing about TeamSpeak is that people pretty much never mute people but rather just turn them down. On Skype sometimes people who have loud and quiet microphones mix up and it's really hard to hear some of those in the chat. TS? Just right click the name, they've got a personal volume setting, adjust until they're all about even!

You can also temporarily mute your own microphone and/or speakers. I was a massive sceptic of TS when I first tried it but it grew on me really fast. I wish Skype had such functionality! And the entire call doesn't drop out just because one person leaves. And you can make silly chatroom names and descriptions. xD

Shorty
05-20-2014, 06:13 PM
I don't understand the definition of 'pacing oneself'. I'm awful at it, seriously. I just drink until my glass is empty then refill. I get pretty drunk pretty fast sometimes. :shobon:

He is terrible. When Rantz, myself and Lev were staying at his flat, he went mad after half a glass of SoCo.

Pumpkin
05-20-2014, 06:38 PM
If it's done on Skype I will not be participating in that bit. Skype makes me extremely uncomfortable.

I will be in the tread and on chat though :D

Shiny
05-20-2014, 08:33 PM
This feels early this year, but I guess not since it's the end of May. Summer is going too fast.

Del Murder
05-20-2014, 09:21 PM
Yeah especially since it hasn't started.

Loony BoB
05-20-2014, 09:34 PM

He is terrible. When Rantz, myself and Lev were staying at his flat, he went mad after half a glass of SoCo.
That could have been half a glass of water and I'd have been exactly the same, seriously. I just get really excited when I meet friends for the first time in ages. >_>; DRUNK ON HAPPINESS. <3

PS. Damit, Award Guy, stop leaving yourself logged in. :shifty:

Shorty
05-20-2014, 09:53 PM
Sent mine in! I tried to get most every slot filled in and did the two for the awards I could think of.

Shiny
05-20-2014, 10:42 PM
That brings up another question. Are current members only up for nomination or can future members be considered? I want to nominate my son and daughter for Cutest Male and Female.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v420/delmurder/unnamed_zpsfe0226a1.jpg

Little girl is inquisitive. She likes looking around! Since they're technically twins will they be able to read each other's minds like identical twins?

Del Murder
05-20-2014, 10:49 PM
Little girl is inquisitive. She likes looking around! Since they're technically twins will they be able to read each other's minds like identical twins?
I hope so!

The boy looks like Proto.
I told him you said that and he started crying.

Pete for President
05-21-2014, 12:01 AM
Oh man late to the party again! Will send in my noms a.s.a.p. Also praise the sun!:praisethesun:

Newmani
05-21-2014, 01:12 AM
What the heck is a Ciddie? Is it something you eat? Is it ammunition for a weapon of mass destruction? Is it both? Is it a miniature Cid plushie? ._.

Quina
05-21-2014, 02:00 AM
What the heck is a Ciddie? Is it something you eat?
It's not. Trust me I tried. :(

Agent Proto
05-21-2014, 02:55 AM

If it was made out of chocolate, you can eat it.

The boy looks like Proto.
I told him you said that and he started crying.

I don't know whether I should feel offended or not. :erm:

Newmani
05-21-2014, 03:30 AM

If it was made out of chocolate, you can eat it.

Can I nominated for one of those? :love:

blackmage_nuke
05-21-2014, 04:15 AM
So hypothetically if two people are in a secret relationship and win MLT Get Together and the truth comes out afterwards, does their ciddie become revoked?

Del Murder
05-21-2014, 04:20 AM
Yes and they also get banned. Ciddies is srs business.

Shorty
05-21-2014, 04:42 AM
So hypothetically if two people are in a secret relationship and win MLT Get Together and the truth comes out afterwards, does their ciddie become revoked?

Spill it, friend. Who do you have gossip on and/or who are you in a secret relationship with?

Del Murder
05-21-2014, 04:44 AM
I knew RSL and his hat were more than just friends.

Night Fury
05-21-2014, 05:04 AM

Spill it, friend. Who do you have gossip on and/or who are you in a secret relationship with?

This actually happened to me my first Ciddies.

Happy Noodle Boy and I won MLT Get Together, I think we weren't quite seeing each other - or it was quite confusing and we were trying to figure it out. Maybe nominations happened before we had decided and were revealed before we had decided. Anyway, I remember we won by a landslide which was pretty cool as normally the jokey nominations win. So we rolled with it.

We weren't nominated for Cutest Couple at that point though, I remember Loony BoB trying to weasel the truth out of me but honestly there was nothing to tell at that point.

My story of the day there.

Also, I nominated! :) Good luck to everyone!

maybee
05-21-2014, 11:05 AM
I nominate Agent Proto.

Oh speaking of Rantz, is there a entry for best avatar/ icon ?

http://i2.wp.com/MinutemenNews.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/obama-sly-grin.jpg?resize=300%2C180

Psychotic
05-21-2014, 12:46 PM
I nominate Agent Proto.

Oh speaking of Rantz, is there a entry for best avatar/ icon ?

http://i2.wp.com/MinutemenNews.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/obama-sly-grin.jpg?resize=300%2C180So that's what his plan was.

Also please nominate the person I am quoting for Most Underrated. You get three nominations so even if you've nominated but didn't pick out three names, go send Award Guy a PM saying "maybee for most underrated" job bloody done. She didn't get nominated for any Ciddies at all last time around and that's just not cool because she most certainly is.

Oh, and Noctis Caelem and Colonel Angus if you want two more names.

Ayen
05-21-2014, 01:32 PM
I can send another PM filling out more awards?

Psychotic
05-21-2014, 01:42 PM
Send 50 PMs.

Loony BoB
05-21-2014, 02:17 PM
:erm:

Ayen
05-21-2014, 03:25 PM
Since I like to go one step beyond I shall send 51 PMs.

05-21-2014, 07:49 PM
A massive thankyou to the first 20 people to nominate!

Agent Proto
AlaynaMae
Alive-Man
Aulayna
blackmage_nuke
Denmark
Jiro
Lockharted
LocoColt04
Lonely Paper Star
Loony BoB
Psychotic
Quin
Sephex
sharkythesharkdogg
shion
Shorty
The Man
ToriJ
Wolf Kanno

Shorty
05-21-2014, 09:04 PM
:hyper:

Del Murder
05-21-2014, 11:51 PM
FYI: Everyone who has nominated will get at least one nomination from me for an award.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
05-22-2014, 12:00 AM
43. Win a Ciddie for the Very First Time [here is a list of previous winners (http://www.eyesonff.net/BoB/ciddiewinners.txt)]
Also - For a list of past Ciddies winners, THE LIST (http://www.eyesonff.com/BoB/ciddiewinners.txt)The lists are different :monster:

LocoColt04
05-22-2014, 05:32 AM
FYI: Everyone who has nominated will get at least one nomination from me for an award.WELL go ahead and pick the obvious one, gosh.

I almost didn't nominate myself for ANYTHING but then I saw one that I had to pick. And it's probably not what any of you would expect, so I likely won't win it. :D

05-22-2014, 08:13 AM
Also - For a list of past Ciddies winners, THE LIST (http://www.eyesonff.com/BoB/ciddiewinners.txt)The lists are different :monster:
Ah, well spotted, I'll fix that now!

Del Murder
05-22-2014, 01:52 PM
Give the man a ciddie for his trouble.

Shaibana
05-22-2014, 09:37 PM
is it already time for the ciddies again? :O
ill make sure to be more involved this time :D

Agent Proto
05-22-2014, 09:40 PM
Give the man a ciddie for his trouble.

Are we endorsing The Man to win a Ciddie?

Jess
05-22-2014, 10:05 PM
I will be nominating tomorrow! :jess:

maybee
05-23-2014, 09:04 AM
I got a PM saying that I haven't voted yet, but I swear that I did.

Award guy can you please confirm ? So I can send in the noms again, if nothing went through ???

Thanks

):

Pete for President
05-23-2014, 10:08 AM
Submitted my epic noms :cool:

Loony BoB
05-23-2014, 10:25 AM

Award guy can you please confirm ? So I can send in the noms again, if nothing went through ???

Thanks

):
I'm afraid not! AG just told me that he hasn't had any PMs from yourself this year (aside from the one you sent asking if he had got any PMs just now). :( Check your sent items to be sure!

Pike
05-23-2014, 10:30 AM
When are these due? (Sorry for the dumb question.)

maybee
05-23-2014, 10:36 AM

Thanks

):
I'm afraid not! AG just told me that he hasn't had any PMs from yourself this year (aside from the one you sent asking if he had got any PMs just now). :( Check your sent items to be sure!

Okay, will try again.

Sephex
05-23-2014, 10:41 AM

This Saturday.

I did official work on this site just now. Promote me to mod.

Psychotic
05-23-2014, 10:44 AM

This Saturday.

I did official work on this site just now. Promote me to mod.You did Events Committee work. Try again, sucka!

Pike
05-23-2014, 10:51 AM

This Saturday.

I did official work on this site just now. Promote me to mod.

I meant what time this Saturday but THANKS FOR NOTHING :mock:

(ily)

Sephex
05-23-2014, 11:53 AM
KNIGHTZONED AGAIN!!!!!

Loony BoB
05-23-2014, 02:27 PM
I'm not committing to any specific time just yet, but you can rest assured the earliest time it will be is 4PM UK time on Saturday.

escobert
05-23-2014, 02:42 PM
yay time for me to remember how you all hate me :love:

Del Murder
05-23-2014, 05:17 PM
I'm not committing to any specific time just yet, but you can rest assured the earliest time it will be is 4PM UK time on Saturday.
What is this in American?

Loony BoB
05-23-2014, 05:19 PM
Exactly American time?

05-23-2014, 05:21 PM
Going through all of these and actually figuring out who to vote for what is difficult. But I will have at least one vote for every subject.

Del Murder
05-23-2014, 05:24 PM
Can I get an updated list of who nominated?

Raistlin
05-23-2014, 05:32 PM
I'll send in my nominations tonight.

TrollHunter
05-23-2014, 06:42 PM
Oh god ciddies are back?
Damn near missed nominations. Phew, that was close.

05-23-2014, 08:59 PM
Can I get an updated list of who nominated?
Certainly! The following 33 people have managed 1,946 nominations between them! That's an average of 59 nominations each! :D

Agent Proto
AlaynaMae
Alive-Man
Aulayna
blackmage_nuke
Colonel Angus
Denmark
Jiro
kotora
Lockharted
LocoColt04
Lonely Paper Star
Loony BoB
maybee
Mercen-X
Mr. Shauna
noxious.sunshine
Pete for President
Psychotic
Quin
Rocket Edge
Sephex
Shaibana
sharkythesharkdogg
Shauna
Shiny
shion
Shorty
Sir Lancealot
The Man
ToriJ
Vermachtnis
Wolf Kanno

05-23-2014, 09:07 PM
That is definitely the best time to nominate.

05-23-2014, 09:11 PM
Did you know: A whopping 170 different members have been nominated thus far!

Del Murder
05-23-2014, 09:12 PM
I did know that.

Sephex
05-23-2014, 09:15 PM
I'll be nominating tonight when I'm drunk, probably.

"ScREw Daaaa RUlEZzzz Jinx FOR eVERY CataGORY!!!"

Sephex
05-23-2014, 09:35 PM
Most Likely to Get Together: Jinx and Jinx.

Jess
05-23-2014, 09:39 PM

He was pretty much the same when me, Paul and Lev stayed there. Mind you, it's like he's drunk when he's actually sober. So much energy! xD

I'm about to nominate but it might take me a year because I'm doing it on my kindle. :jess:

Del Murder
05-23-2014, 10:01 PM
Awards 7-10 were a lot easier to nominate for back when I had SQL access. :mad:

05-23-2014, 10:04 PM
BoB says "that's what you get for leaving, jerk".

Pike
05-23-2014, 10:13 PM
BoB says "that's what you get for leaving, jerk".

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140114001850/s4s/images/7/76/Rekt.gif

Kalevala
05-23-2014, 10:17 PM
My nominations are in! Tried to nominate for as many categories as I could, but man some of these are difficult having only been around for a few months. You're all just so complex.

Colonel Angus
05-23-2014, 11:15 PM
My nominations are in! Tried to nominate for as many categories as I could, but man some of these are difficult having only been around for a few months. You're all just so complex.
Same here.

I like how they have different categories here. On another board, we have a NCAA style tournament w/ just one winner.

Denmark
05-24-2014, 12:22 AM
take out my single nomination and the average goes way up

Sephex
05-24-2014, 02:52 AM
I am hyped for the Ciddies.

byfY9gwjCO4

Raistlin
05-24-2014, 04:11 AM
I sent in the correct list of nominations. The Ciddies can proceed now.

Calliope
05-24-2014, 04:28 AM
Spuuky and I will do this tonight!

Del Murder
05-24-2014, 05:24 AM
Yeah, 'Miriel' and I will also be nominating soon... :shifty:

Pumpkin
05-24-2014, 05:26 AM
I forced sharky to nominate and it was like pulling teeth.

"Who do you want as best member?"
"I don't know."
"How about x?"
"No."
"Y?"
"No"
"z? a? b? c? d? e? f? What bout g? you like g"
"Nah."
"Anyone?"
"No."

05-24-2014, 09:39 AM
Sounds like BoB when he berates smittenkitten. She'll be hungover when he inflicts this on her today... poor girl.

On a positive note! The following 43 members have sent in 2,406 nominations between them! Things are getting very, very interesting indeed. One member has 19 nominations for an award... I must say that next Ciddies I may have to limit it to two nominations per award because these nominees are seriously packed up!

Agent Proto
AlaynaMae
Alive-Man
Aulayna
blackmage_nuke
Calliope
Colonel Angus
Del Murder
Denmark
Jess
Jiro
Kalevala
kotora
Lockharted
LocoColt04
Lonely Paper Star
Loony BoB
maybee
Mercen-X
Mister Adequate
Mr. Shauna
noxious.sunshine
Pete for President
Pike
Psychotic
Quin
Raistlin
Rocket Edge
Scotty_ffgamer
Sephex
Shaibana
sharkythesharkdogg
Shauna
Shiny
shion
Shorty
Sir Lancealot
Spuuky
The Man
ToriJ
Vermachtnis
Wolf Kanno

Shauna
05-24-2014, 01:07 PM
Don't worry guys, The Shaunas have worked out their Saturday schedule so they can be mildly sociable and also see 90% of the Ciddies. We will be there, square and any other shape!

Raistlin
05-24-2014, 01:53 PM
I am having a vicious legal battle over two of my nominations for MLT Get Together: RSL and RSLSL, and Award Guy and Adolf Hitler (made in response to AG's original denial of the former nomination). The Ciddies may have to be put on hold as the fight extends through the court system.

Alternatively, someone else needs to nominate them to make my quest for truth and justice worth it.

Del Murder
05-24-2014, 03:01 PM
A lot of these categories are hard. Most Supportive Member? What the smurf is that? Also both Helpful and Productive were categories? Come on, BoB.

Del Murder
05-24-2014, 03:15 PM
I just decided to nominate the members whose accounts solely exist to support their significant others' crazy arguments.

Calliope
05-24-2014, 03:26 PM
And Denmark, Spuuky, SmittenKitten - once EoFF couples cohabitate, it seems one of them relinquishes posting so they can make sandwiches while the alpha poster can just read them thread quotes instead.

Del Murder
05-24-2014, 03:27 PM
Actually it was Denmark, Calliope and Miriel.

Calliope
05-24-2014, 03:35 PM
:(

Sorry for the lag in responding, I was looking for mustard and provolone.

LadyJuxtaposition
05-24-2014, 03:46 PM
My uttermost sorrys! College life and graduation took almost all of my free time, but I am fortunately 99% done with my nominations. By the way, thank you whoever nomination me for something (hopefully Best Artist), and I hope I get a Ciddie that would be awesome! :D

Just a quick question... Best Final Fantasy Forums Poster? Where can I find them and view?

Bubba
05-24-2014, 03:48 PM
Damn, sorry. Will get onto this ASAP.

Lonely Paper Star
05-24-2014, 04:14 PM
A lot of these categories are hard. Most Supportive Member? What the smurf is that? Also both Helpful and Productive were categories? Come on, BoB.

Yeah, Most Helpful and Most Productive kind of stumped me because they're very similar.

I took Most Supportive to mean someone who's always encouraging others or being there to talk if someone's down.

Yeah, I did the same with Most Supportive. For Helpful, I took it as, who generally helps members when they need help (other than Cid Knights, I guess)?, and for Productive, I took it as, who gets trout done? XD

Pike
05-24-2014, 05:27 PM
Most Supportive was kind of unusual to me. I can't even remember who I nominated for it.

LadyJuxtaposition
05-24-2014, 05:34 PM
Just submitted my nominations! *cues Final Fantasy Victory theme* :D

05-24-2014, 05:53 PM

Yeah, Most Helpful and Most Productive kind of stumped me because they're very similar.

I took Most Supportive to mean someone who's always encouraging others or being there to talk if someone's down.
Yeah, I did the same with Most Supportive. For Helpful, I took it as, who generally helps members when they need help (other than Cid Knights, I guess)?, and for Productive, I took it as, who gets trout done? XD
Shockingly, using the accurate definitions of the words used in the award does a great job at defining what awards are for.

Anyone who thinks Productive and Helpful are more similar than Supportive and Helpful... :shobon:

The general aim of these awards is to give credit to people who go out of their way to make EoFF a better place.

Nominations will close very very soon.

Shorty
05-24-2014, 05:56 PM
:hyper:

Shauna
05-24-2014, 05:59 PM
:excited:

Bubba
05-24-2014, 06:00 PM
Wait for me!

Give it till the end of the day at least.

05-24-2014, 06:02 PM
End of the day might be too long for this ol' golden head. :shobon: I said 4pm before, so I'm already putting together the finishing touches... throw what you can my way in the next hour or so, Bubba!

Bubba
05-24-2014, 06:51 PM
Right, sent them across. Done as many as I could!

Parker
05-24-2014, 07:10 PM
:omgomg:

05-24-2014, 07:26 PM
NOTE: NOMINATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED

After talking it over with a few people this week, I'll probably give this TeamSpeak thing a go.

If you want to be first to know who is in the finals, be sure to get TeamSpeak downloaded and pop in!

Meet me in the Chocobo Stables there for great justice...

To those new to it, check this page out (http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/152792-TeamSpeak). It's a simple download & install and no account creation is required!

Jess
05-24-2014, 07:39 PM
:jess:

05-24-2014, 08:56 PM
Finalists being announced right now in TeamSpeak!

Jess
05-24-2014, 09:14 PM
I am getting impatient :colbert:

05-24-2014, 09:38 PM
this teamspeak crap is confusing.

Pumpkin
05-24-2014, 09:41 PM
this teamspeak crap is confusing.

05-24-2014, 09:43 PM
After 15 minutes I figured it outs made it work.

Loony BoB
05-24-2014, 10:20 PM
Votes thread is up! See the sticky!