PDA

View Full Version : Why you no talk FFIII?

Wolf Kanno
05-17-2014, 07:15 PM
I always feel a bit sad that this game gets overlooked by people on this forum. I understand it came so late that it felt utterly underwhelming but honestly it has the most polish of the NES entries and the remake doesn't really do justice to how much this game was a step up for the franchise. I've seen more people starting to appreciate FFI and II while this game just kind of lingers in limbo...

Elpizo
05-17-2014, 07:24 PM
Maybe the forum should organize some FF III related forum events. Playthroughs or something, like we did some time ago where every month we played a different entry in the franchise (I think?). Maybe when the steam version comes out so even people against emulating either version could join in.

I still wish SE would release a translated version of the NES version on virtual consoles or something, maybe then people would notice more what a marvel it was for an 8-bit game.

Colonel Angus
05-18-2014, 05:30 AM
I always feel a bit sad that this game gets overlooked by people on this forum. I understand it came so late that it felt utterly underwhelming but honestly it has the most polish of the NES entries and the remake doesn't really do justice to how much this game was a step up for the franchise. I've seen more people starting to appreciate FFI and II while this game just kind of lingers in limbo...
I didn't know this game was from Poland.

Pumpkin
05-18-2014, 05:53 AM
Because I can't remember enough about it to post about it D:

Wolf Kanno
05-18-2014, 05:54 AM
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/polish

NeoCracker
05-18-2014, 06:25 AM
I don't talk because I couldn't play far into it, it just felt to much like a downgraded V. I admit this is holey unfair of me, but I can't help it. :(

Wolf Kanno
05-18-2014, 08:13 AM
http://i.imgur.com/3ebrr.gif

Colonel Angus
05-18-2014, 05:10 PM
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/polish
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Socratic%20irony

Wolf Kanno
05-18-2014, 10:16 PM
Could you please contribute more constructively?

Colonel Angus
05-18-2014, 10:45 PM
Could you please contribute more constructively?
I don't know why you feel you need to take a personal shot @ me, considering the Sailor Moon post doesn't fall under "constructive". I feel I've made plenty of "constructive" posts here. Yes, I tend to make corny/bad jokes, & this may have been one of my lamest, but I think it's a bit much to call me out on it. You make it seem as if I'm just a dick around here.

To answer your original question, I've only played a little of III, both the Famicom & DS versions. I think a lot of people haven't played much of it either, as w/ II, so that's why it doesn't get much attention.

Sephex
05-21-2014, 05:57 AM
I feel that this game gets put on the wayside a bit too much. I am kind of guilty of this despite the fact that I played through the remake. Maybe the Steam release will have people discuss it more? I have seen plenty of games that were overlooked before get some chatter when a steam version was released.

My main problem with the NES version is the tedious inventory management. Sure, other aspects of the game were implemented a lot better than FFI or FFII. I am a very patient gamer, and there have been tons of times that I played a decade or older game for the first time in the face of modern gaming with no issue. But that NES inventory system...unquipping everyone slooooowly. Gah.

Ayen
05-21-2014, 06:08 AM
It's hard to discuss that which you've never played and my current schedule renders me unable to play it any time soon. Perhaps in August when my schedule clears up since I do want to get my hands on III, IV, V, VI, and XIV.

maybee
05-21-2014, 07:15 AM
Is there much to speak about with the game ? The storyline is a bit bare bones, same with the characters and the final dungeon was created and designed by Satan himself.

metagloria
05-21-2014, 05:08 PM
it just felt too much like a downgraded V.

Bingo. I've beaten it twice on the DS, but I wish there was a less-updated port of the original, which I played a tiny bit on an emulator and really liked.