PDA

View Full Version : Cloister of Trials

Lone Wolf Leonhart
05-18-2014, 08:19 AM
Did you like or dislike these challenges? I loved trying them out. Sometimes they can be frustrating, especially if you don't know what you're doing in places like Bevelle and you ride the elevator to the same spots over and over again.

Overall I enjoyed the puzzles.I would have liked more trials. Maybe a water-themed one? It would be interesting to push the pedestals with spheres in them down waterfalls or something to that effect.

The one in Zanarkand always reminded me of Tetris.

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/mediawiki/apis.ign.com/final-fantasy-x/thumb/9/99/Part_11-07.JPG/468px-Part_11-07.JPG

Psychotic
05-18-2014, 09:36 AM
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

and

that music

oh lord :argh:

Nice Tetris observation though, I can see it :up:

blackmage_nuke
05-18-2014, 09:53 AM
Most of the trials were ok but Bevelle was just plain zzz if you took a wrong turn
Also I was stuck for ages on Djose because I didnt see that one of the pedestals needed two spheres.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
05-18-2014, 10:31 AM
Cloister of Trials (FF VI version)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJOML8W1PD4 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJOML8W1PD4)

blackmage_nuke
05-18-2014, 12:39 PM
It's cool and everything but I was really hoping for a FFVI style reanimation of the trials

magemasher
05-18-2014, 07:00 PM
I only found out yesterday that at the Zanarkand cloister that it tells you what squares to highlight if you activate the screen. A good 24 hours of my life have been wasted on Zanarkand cloister of bloody trials. Bevelle can be frustrating but the others are straight forward.

Colonel Angus
05-18-2014, 07:07 PM
I like the Cloisters. Although, they should've had Yuna do the trials instead of showing Tidus. To be honest, I don't think he has enough brain cells to put a put a square peg into a square hole, let alone figure out these puzzles.

Pumpkin
05-18-2014, 07:23 PM
I hated the Cloisters. Especially Bevelle

BlueD
05-18-2014, 08:24 PM
I hated the Cloisters. Especially Bevelle

ditto! The first time playing through the game I didn't mind them (hated bevelle) I don't exactly dislike them just never found them exciting..

Lone Wolf Leonhart
05-20-2014, 04:31 AM
I like the Cloisters. Although, they should've had Yuna do the trials instead of showing Tidus.I thought I read somewhere that one of the roles of the summoner's companions is to help get through the cloister of trials so she can do her thing in the aeon room.

Pete for President
05-20-2014, 12:17 PM
I dig em. It's a nice change of pace and they have that atmospheric tranquil vibe.

They're also pretty decently designed difficulty wise. I've played through this game at least 6 times and every time I just can not remember the right path/order, especially with destruction spheres involved. I still fail to get one treasure in Bevelle's cloyster.

Depression Moon
05-20-2014, 08:46 PM
They were ok the only one that I remember having trouble with is the Macalania one.

Colonel Angus
05-20-2014, 11:05 PM
I like the Cloisters. Although, they should've had Yuna do the trials instead of showing Tidus.I thought I read somewhere that one of the roles of the summoner's companions is to help get through the cloister of trials so she can do her thing in the aeon room.
I thought she went in on her own. I remember early in the game Kimahri (before he opened up w/ his sunny personality) blocking the door & everyone hanging out outside.

blackmage_nuke
05-20-2014, 11:11 PM
The Chamber of the Fayth is off limits but the Cloister is open to Gaurdians and Summoners

Shiny
05-21-2014, 12:17 AM
Cloister of Trials always annoyed me and slightly scared me. I always thought something would pop out if I failed a puzzle.

Pike
05-21-2014, 12:58 AM
ugh no most obnoxious part of the game

LunarWeaver
05-22-2014, 03:00 PM
You have two hands Tidus. Pick up two of them. :mamu:

Shaibana
05-26-2014, 02:26 PM
ow god, do i hate those puzzles :l
i usually give up after a few minutes and search a walkthrough on the internet

Lone Wolf Leonhart
05-26-2014, 05:30 PM
What I want to know is how in the earlier Cloisters Tidus would go in alone after Yuna & co already did all the trials, yet somehow by the time you got there they were all reset for you.

You have two hands Tidus. Pick up two of them. :mamu:

Then how would he touch the glyph on the wall :smug:

inb4 putting one down

Neptunia
05-27-2014, 11:50 PM
the puzzle's were fine, I only recently bothered getting a walkthrough for the game. the annoying part for me was trying to push the damn pedestals. "come on Tidus ive had you run against the side of this thing for 5 minutes why are you not pushing it!!"

Ayen
06-07-2014, 12:08 AM
I found them a chore more than anything else, but the only one I really hated was the one for Bahamut because of that stupid platform I kept falling off. I was close to rage quitting the whole thing by that point.

Jiro
06-08-2014, 12:56 PM
I abhor the Cloisters in a lot of ways. I think in a vacuum they're an okay puzzle mechanic but eurgh.

BustaMo
06-13-2014, 12:45 AM
I loved these methods of getting the Aeons in FFX. All of them were pretty easy, but I have to admit, when it came to Malcalencia Temple and obtaining Shiva in the Ice, I had to use the Brady games guide. I am always bad at sense of direction and what goes where so I had to cave and get help. I just didn't wanna miss anything so I used the guide.

These trials were fun and it was a cool story of how the Guardians teamed up to help their Summoner through the puzzle to obtain her Aeon.