PDA

View Full Version : What would you like to see in a remake?

Wolf Kanno
05-18-2014, 09:01 AM
Inspired by these:

cNM_EYXTWHQ

q8RuIXX4ntc

p_Bzw3AsoP0

m136NHtbhGI

So what would you like to see in a remake?

Psychotic
05-18-2014, 01:17 PM
Gogo nude code.

NeoCracker
05-18-2014, 02:22 PM
Gogo nude code.

He keeps the face gear though.

blackmage_nuke
05-18-2014, 03:11 PM
Better game balancing (more on this later)

Shadow doesnt randomly leave when you hire him and stays till he leaves plotwise

Compulsory death of Cid but you can keep feeding him fast fish to keep him alive a bit longer to give you trinkets with little stories behind them.
Lisa was sick we couldnt find any medicine in time (antidote)
Mark was a tailor before he lost fingers in the disaster(Gold Needle)
Oh this was Jane's pendant, she was the first on the island to die (amulet)
this was Sams, he threw himself off the cliff after the first year. He was about to propose before the calamity (jeweled ring)
This washed ashore during that storm that killed little timmy (early palidor esper)

At the start of the World of Ruin you lose all your items, equipment and gil (possibly also all your espers) and theres a sunken Blackjack sidequest if you want your old World of Balance stuff back

Make the final Dungeon a 4 party Dungeon so theres a practical reason to collect every character

Colonel Angus
05-18-2014, 05:59 PM
Nuke, I like the Shadow staying, 4 party dungeon & even the sunken BlackJack sidequest (RIP BlackJack :cry:) ideas.

Yellow_Magic
05-19-2014, 12:22 AM
Better game balancing (more on this later)

Shadow doesnt randomly leave when you hire him and stays till he leaves plotwise
Mark was a tailor before he lost fingers in the disaster(Gold Needle)

At the start of the World of Ruin you lose all your items, equipment and gil (possibly also all your espers) and theres a sunken Blackjack sidequest if you want your old World of Balance stuff back

Make the final Dungeon a 4 party Dungeon so theres a practical reason to collect every character
These are excellent! A compulsory Cid death, though? How inhumane D:

Colonel Angus
05-19-2014, 12:50 AM
I really don't think that Cid should have to die, even though this is probably my least favorite Cid (too rubber duck-y looking). VI has more than enough death in it for me.

I had mentioned in another thread about having each character learn some exclusive skill/obtain an exclusive bonus from the Espers rather than everybody getting the same abilities. Considering the size of the cast IDK if that would be possible from a technical standpoint but it would be interesting nonetheless.

metagloria
05-19-2014, 10:23 PM

I get the storyline reasoning behind this (of course, it's ridiculous that Celes somehow keeps all of everyone's stuff), but from a gaming perspective, I'd kill whoever implemented this.

Spooniest
05-20-2014, 03:39 AM
- Animate the battle backgrounds, characters and monsters.

- Redo the music! And do it right!

- Make a greyed-out entry appear in Gau's Rages menu when you've encountered an enemy, but haven't learnt their Rage yet.

- Make the Rages more interesting somehow...90% of them are Attack/Special.

- Voice-acted cutscenes are becoming the norm these days, and I welcome our vocal-chord-vibrating overlords! But include cutscenes with more action, as well. There isn't enough action in the cutscenes for FF4's remake.

- Mostly unrelated: Make a prequel that tell's Shadow's backstory.

Colonel Angus
05-20-2014, 03:43 AM
I think it'd be cool if Gau actually turned into the monster during his Rage. Also would be nice to have a relic where you could control the Rage.

Spooniest
05-20-2014, 03:44 AM
Also would be nice to have a relic where you could control the Rage.

...Which is what I thought the Rage Ring was going to do, until I found out it gives Umaro his "throw person" attack.

Spooniest
05-20-2014, 03:49 AM
p_Bzw3AsoP0

This one is particularly good. The snow-crunching gave me goose bumps. I feel like I'm watching the real deal.

Yellow_Magic
05-20-2014, 11:34 PM

I'm curious: What does it mean to redo a soundtrack right?

Spooniest
05-21-2014, 12:38 PM
Just make sure all the notes are the ones played in the original...that's all. It's amazing how badly this particular aspect has been screwed up in the GBA version.

metagloria
05-21-2014, 04:06 PM

I'm curious: What does it mean to redo a soundtrack right?

http://ff6.ocremix.org/

VeloZer0
05-21-2014, 04:56 PM
1) Don't go for a realistic graphics look. Something more cell-shaded would be much more in keeping with the original.

2) Add a little more character customization. In FF6 you can basically do nothing to set up your individual characters. Maybe have espers teach skills as well as magic?

metagloria
05-21-2014, 05:04 PM
2) Add a little more character customization. In FF6 you can basically do nothing to set up your individual characters. Maybe have espers teach skills as well as magic?

How about a system where each character has a certain number of points they can allot toward learning spells, so that it's not feasible (or possible) to teach all the magic to every character? This would be interesting.

Another interesting twist would be to adjust characters' stats as they learn spells (a la equipping materia in VII) where the more spells you know, the higher your magic becomes, but the lower your strength gets.

VeloZer0
05-21-2014, 10:29 PM
I'm personally more partial to systems where everyone can learn everything, but are limited to what they can actually have active/equipped at any given time.

Or maybe in place of every spell an Esper teaches you can get a spell or a passive ability. So you have to choose which fits the character better?

Spooniest
05-21-2014, 11:17 PM
I'm personally more partial to systems where everyone can learn everything, but are limited to what they can actually have active/equipped at any given time.

Or maybe in place of every spell an Esper teaches you can get a spell or a passive ability. So you have to choose which fits the character better?

You've got to remember that the Ability system from FFV has been replaced by the Accessory system. Accessories grant passive abilities.

I'd say the gameplay is pretty square (if you'll pardon the pun), it oughtn't be changed. Just throw us a four-party dungeon, and for the love of pete, where the heck are Bannon and Arvis? 'Splain that!

Yellow_Magic
05-22-2014, 05:43 AM
Oh, I hear you.

Yeah, OverClocked has some really good remixes..