PDA

View Full Version : This show was LEGEN ...wait for it, DARY?!

SD
05-18-2014, 07:10 PM
was it?
haha i dont know, i havent finished it yet, im at season 6 i think...but i gotta say, i like that barney guy, its the main reason i keep watching it on netflix
oh yeah http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-_kwbsmVqvWw/ULa-f-YMy4I/AAAAAAAAJAY/k93GX16e03o/s1600/pilot.gif

Skyblade
05-18-2014, 07:18 PM
It was good. "Was" being the operative word. It should never have been extended past the original end point.

Shorty
05-18-2014, 09:04 PM
I watched up until about season five or six but it's great! I'll finish it one day. Every single one of the cast members are lovable, and I don't care how gooey and mushy Marshall and Lily are, they are freaking adorbs.

Mirage
05-18-2014, 10:26 PM
i couldn't get into it

Bunny
05-18-2014, 10:50 PM
It was good. "Was" being the operative word. It should never have been extended past the original end point.

So the first season?

Pumpkin
05-18-2014, 10:52 PM
What was the original end point?

Jinx
05-18-2014, 11:59 PM
What was the original end point?

There wasn't one.

I really enjoyed this show. I've watched it religiously for the last 5 or 6 years, and it's one of my favorite shows of all time. It definitely lost its way around season 6 and 7, then season 8 was great because they knew they were ending in the next year and had to get the story to where it needed to be, then season 9 was just GODAWFUL. I did enjoy the final episode even if others didn't.

Bunny
05-19-2014, 12:07 AM
The original planned end point was after the first season, because they weren't sure if it would get renewed. Same thing for the second and third season. After that, they didn't have any planned end points up until the eventual end.

The original mother was supposed to be the baker lady.

Shlup
05-19-2014, 10:42 AM
I liked the ending. It was fucked up.

Sephiroth
05-19-2014, 11:29 AM
It had a horrible ending for me. It has two good points that don't work together completely and that makes it horrible as well. And that is sad and not in a very good way.

SD
05-19-2014, 04:17 PM

how you know that? xD
but yeah if thats true, doesnt surprise me
as they made that woman look so special somehow

well almost finished season 6... cant wait to see barney and robin back together

Sephiroth
05-19-2014, 04:22 PM

how you know that? xD

well almost finished season 6... cant wait to see barney and robin back together

It has been stated that Victoria was made to be the mother if the series ended too early.

Jinx
05-19-2014, 04:24 PM

how you know that? xD

It has been stated that Victoria was made to be the mother if the series ended too early.

Yup, this.

It's been different people at different times. The coat-check girl, Victoria, Stella...it's just all depended on them getting renewed.

As for the ending: personally, I loved it. I loved that they came full-circle. And it's true what the kids said the story was really about how Ted's true love was Robin and he was still in love with her after 25 years.

noxious.sunshine
05-19-2014, 05:01 PM
I personally hated the ending, and the entire last season as a whole.

Crop
05-19-2014, 08:15 PM
Victoria was my favourite of the girls Ted dated.

I really enjoyed it up until about season 6. 1-5 being the ones I enjoyed, and season 1 probably being my favourite. I also never liked the whole Stella story arc.

Overall a pretty good show though.

SD
05-26-2014, 07:12 PM
omg marshall and lily are being such incredibly stupid $^%!@#$ http://i.imgur.com/a6M1oTI.gif
(starting with season 8 right now)

MJN SEIFER
05-28-2014, 03:58 PM
While I very rarely (if at all) laughed at it, the finale season wasn't as good as the others in places, and the ending of the finale (as well as other things about the finale) wasn't really what I wanted to happen (though I didn't hate the whole finale), and it made it's mistakes like all shows do...

This show really was LEGEN, wait for it... DARY! Seriously, there was so much I love about it, I even have an article/essay in the works about it. It's kind of a defense against people who say they can't watch the show again because of the finale, but it's also an explaination as to why I like the show so much.

Note: Can you still like a comedy if you don't find it funny? I think so, and I do. It's like how I'm a fan of Final Destination, which is a horror movie, but I don't find it scary at all, barring one death from the movies (and some I've heard of that are in the books) that disturbed me.

Ayen
06-04-2014, 05:19 PM
It was a good show. It had its hit and miss jokes and all the characters were genuinely likeable. I feel they should have made Robin the mother right off the bat, but the ending doesn't bother me as much as it did others. I knew they were going to try to swerve us anyway. Though I have to say by the last season I wasn't even interested in learning who the mother was.

Sephiroth
08-29-2014, 02:04 AM
It had a horrible ending for me. It has two good points that don't work together completely and that makes it horrible as well. And that is sad and not in a very good way.

Now that I saw it personally on TV and I don't think it is that bad. It would have never been absolutely satisfying for me. But it is still somehow disappointing.

Not that How I met your Mother was fated to have a perfect Ending such as Friends by showing two significant romances for so long. There was always the "when we are 40 and not married we get together" thing and Ted is a father, Robin never really wanted children (except when they were Ted's) and so I guess it is fine. But what is so sad is so sad.