PDA

View Full Version : Omnis Lacrima and Somnus - FF15 soundtrack discussion

Psychotic
05-18-2014, 09:08 PM
Two god damn epic tracks have been released for Final Fantasy 15 already.

wSkpr4LPT8w

Omnis Lacrima in particular is my favourite of the two. It's bombastic and powerful, and I think has the potential to be up there with some of the other choiral FF songs.

-KKMbHNja_0

Somnus starts a lot more gently but it rises and builds up into a powerful song in its own right. I love the piano.

What do you think of these two FF15 songs? Which do you like better, Omnis Lacrima or Somnus?

Formalhaut
05-18-2014, 09:39 PM
Wasn't somnus already released like, ages ago?

Psychotic
05-18-2014, 09:52 PM
I'm not saying they're brand new releases - note that I said "already" :p I'm really interested in the soundtracks of Final Fantasy games, and I'm excited for the FF15 soundtrack as much as the game. So the point of this thread is to say this is what we've got so far, what do you think? So what do you think, Mr. Haut?

Shorty
05-18-2014, 10:15 PM
Omnis Lacrima is super powerful to me and reminds me of Liberi Fatali and One Winged Angel, and I definitely like it more than the other.

I am super excited for the rest of this soundtrack!

Formalhaut
05-19-2014, 12:52 AM
I'm not saying they're brand new releases - note that I said "already" :p I'm really interested in the soundtracks of Final Fantasy games, and I'm excited for the FF15 soundtrack as much as the game. So the point of this thread is to say this is what we've got so far, what do you think? So what do you think, Mr. Haut?

Okay okay chill! :p

I really love Somnus, it's quite depressing, yet haunting at the exact same time. It was quite fitting for a time where fans of FFXV wondered if it would ever be released (I think Somnus was released when it was still called Versus). Somnus = sleep. Much how development seemed to have slept for quite a long while!

As for Omnis, it's very powerful, but I don't know, I think Somnus is more subtle. Personal preference? I still think it's very good.

Fynn
05-19-2014, 06:07 AM
I love both for different reasons. You can't make me choose :colbert:

Aulayna
05-19-2014, 03:03 PM
Dunno about those two, but well - the music in the official trailer is amazeballs too!

mO92sHr4knM

It's going to be interesting to see if Yoko Shimomura does the KH3 soundtrack ontop of doing the XV one.

Fynn
05-19-2014, 05:22 PM
I believe she's already confirmed that.

FFFFsephychibi
05-20-2014, 02:57 AM
^ She's probably also finished the FF15 Soundtrack ages ago, and now is just doing small edits here and there based on feedback, and focusing 100% on kh3.

Del Murder
05-20-2014, 09:50 PM
Track 1 sounds good as an opening movie track but I'm not sure where else it would fit in to the game.

I don't really like the second one. Maybe it's the vocals.