PDA

View Full Version : Question for any Civilization V players . . .

Rez09
05-18-2014, 10:58 PM
Do you enjoy playing the civilization you are, or is the closest to where you are, actually from?

Pike
05-18-2014, 11:07 PM
Can I answer if I am a Civilization IV player? :p

I choose who I want to play depending on leader traits and special units and how I feel like playing at the time. Damn the Dutch are overpowered. So is at least one of the Brits (Lizzy maybe? It's been far too long since I've played.)

Madame Adequate
05-18-2014, 11:09 PM
Don't really care one way or the other, but in V I tend to use the modded Robotnik or Nazca empires because they're cool as heck.

AssassinDX
05-19-2014, 09:07 AM
I'm not going to bother answering now I know about that Robotnik Empire, I'll be using that from now on.

Miss Mae
05-19-2014, 09:12 AM
I base my Civ choices on their perks moreso than where I am in relation to them. Coincidentally I don't mind playing as Polynesia, but they aren't my favourite. Persia is probably my favourite. I also like Egypt, depending on the approach I'm taking. I recently acquired the Brave New World expansion and I've been working my way through those Civs to see which I like the styles of.

Spuuky
05-19-2014, 04:51 PM
I play random every game.

Rez09
05-19-2014, 06:49 PM
I play random in multiplayer most of the time -- it's always interesting to see who I'll roll.

Can I answer if I am a Civilization IV player? :p

I choose who I want to play depending on leader traits and special units and how I feel like playing at the time. Damn the Dutch are overpowered. So is at least one of the Brits (Lizzy maybe? It's been far too long since I've played.)

I actually have Civ IV installed but haven't gotten around to playing it at all. I probably should at some point, as FDR is playable and he's probably the president I'd want to play as the most next to Andrew Jackson. :D

I base my Civ choices on their perks moreso than where I am in relation to them. Coincidentally I don't mind playing as Polynesia, but they aren't my favourite. Persia is probably my favourite. I also like Egypt, depending on the approach I'm taking. I recently acquired the Brave New World expansion and I've been working my way through those Civs to see which I like the styles of.

Polynesia is actually one of my favorite civs, as they are really unique, but I generally feel they are a bit on the weak side in multiplayer -- Egypt, however, is awesome no matter where I play them. >: D

Have you run into any civs in BNW so far you are really liking?

Miss Mae
05-20-2014, 03:09 AM
Poland is pretty rad with its additional social policies - helped me get a really strong start. I enjoyed the new type of culture win, so Brazil was nice for that. Played very combat-focused when I played as the Zulus and that went well for me. :jess:

Rez09
05-20-2014, 03:13 AM
Poland is super beast mode; I really love those Ducal Stables and UA. :D

Did you see the changes made to some of the older civs in the expansion? France and Germany got some spiffy new stuff that made them a lot more interesting.

escobert
05-20-2014, 03:22 AM
I do like the Americans and English but I prefer Shoshone, Poland and Sognhai to all.

I wish there was choice in Rulers in V.

Miss Mae
05-20-2014, 03:49 AM
Yeah I noticed, Rez. Have been having fun mastering the culture win, so I've been predominantly fiddling with the civs that have bonuses that help with my culture gen.

Pike
05-20-2014, 10:31 AM
Can you guys do that thing in V like you do in IV where you can mix and match leaders and civs to get really overpowered? :plotting:

Bolivar
05-20-2014, 02:57 PM
I play random every game.

I only play Civ III and IV but I do the same.

Madame Adequate
05-20-2014, 06:40 PM
Can you guys do that thing in V like you do in IV where you can mix and match leaders and civs to get really overpowered? :plotting:

Nope.

However, look for a mod called The Amalgamation. It's a little OP.

I Took the Red Pill
05-22-2014, 04:25 PM
Never played Civ V, but during those countless all-nighters playing Civ IV, I did like playing as the US. Partly because I'm American and it's fun to put the Kremlin in Boston, but also because the Navy SEAL was such a badass, destructive Unique Unit.

On the flipside, it was always fun to play as Mao and put the Statue of Liberty in Beijing. I also played Mongolia alot, because the Keshik was incredible.

Pike
05-22-2014, 04:33 PM
Speaking of the Statue of Liberty and Civ IV, my favorite thing was to switch to slavery and sacrifice tons of people to build the thing.

Rez09
05-22-2014, 07:11 PM
<_<

I REALLY need to give Civ IV a play. Have any of you Civ IV players tried Civ Revolution?