PDA

View Full Version : Worst Father/Parent in FF

Colonel Angus
05-20-2014, 03:50 AM
Who do you think is the worst parent in FF?

I was thinking, this series has a long line of bad parents, in particular dads. Shadow abandoned his daughter & almost let her die in a fire. FFX Cid is just a deadbeat who made a mockery of Zanarkand. & don't get me started on Dr. Cid Bunansa.

noxious.sunshine
05-20-2014, 09:51 AM
Jecht is easily the worst parent ever.

I haven't played any of the earlier FF's (I started with VIII, then later VII and so on).

While Queen Brahne from IX was a pretty evil and crap parent, Jecht takes the cake. He belittled Tidus so hard and made him feel like complete shit.

Quindiana Jones
05-20-2014, 10:31 AM
I'm offended by the specifying of father in the title. Could a mod please change the title to encompass all parents instead of drawing particular attention to one?

I don't think it's fair to judge Jecht for belittling Tidus. He deserves it. Dr. Cid is straight up evil and crazy, so he's a pretty strong contender for me.

fat_moogle
05-20-2014, 11:52 AM
Godo, Yuffie's Dad.

Why? For failing to teach her any manners and for failing to teach her that stealing is bad! Also for promoting violence, fighting his own daughter in the pagoda battle xD

Sephiroth
05-20-2014, 01:36 PM
Brahne to the point where she actually is responsible for this - it ends at the point where she just cannot do anything against Kuja's spell.

Overall as mother without that she was a very good mother for Garnet her whole life.

Hojo until the point where he wants to strengthen Sephiroth. Educational he was nothing just some guy who made Sephiroth the super soldier he is. Same goes for Hollander.
Cidolfus for being an absolute douchebag.
Jecht is not a bad person but he just should not have made Tidus feel that way. Tidus was a kid that wanted attention from his parents and was mad when his mother died, et cetera. Jecht is not really a bad father on the same level the villains are.
Same goes for Bartholomew, Hope's father.

So Hojo, Hollander and Cid.

Also good job King Cornelia for letting your daughter be kidnapped by some random knight.

Definitely Hojo. He experimented on his kid, even in the womb -- resulting in his mother's death.

Sephiroth was the result of JENOVA cells in the womb before fertilization. That is why Lucrecia has JENOVA cells inside her. She was injected with them, not really Sephiroth. This is a mistake of two different dialogues that is supported with Crisis Core - though there only Genesis and Angeal are explained. But Vincent in Dirge of Cerberus says: "An experiment on your own child?"

Still - Lucrecia has the JENOVA cells so she must have been the one being injected with them and they fused with the zygote during fertilization (or a bit afterwards, that is really not so important, the thing is Sephiroth is unique and has JENOVA cells actually as parental cells and not only Lucrecia and Hojo's).

Raistlin
05-20-2014, 02:30 PM
Definitely Hojo. He experimented on his kid, even in the womb -- resulting in his mother's death.

noxious.sunshine
05-20-2014, 05:00 PM
I don't think it's fair to judge Jecht for belittling Tidus. He deserves it. Dr. Cid is straight up evil and crazy, so he's a pretty strong contender for me.

yeah, but Tidus is an idiot pansy -because- of his father's belittling.

Loony BoB
05-20-2014, 05:43 PM
Yeah, I gotta say, that's pretty much won the award for Worst Parent for me.

blackmage_nuke
05-21-2014, 07:48 AM
FFX Cid is just a deadbeat who made a mockery of Zanarkand.
Rikku is the one who keeps running off on crazy adventures. And turning Zanarkand into a tourist attraction is not so much being a bad father as it is being an insensitive opportunist.

Gau's father is pretty bad as is Jecht but I think Hojo takes the cake.
If were including mothers then Jenova is manipulative overbearing

maybee
05-21-2014, 10:32 AM
Queen Brahne

Jecht was a huge douche towards Tidus, but at least he didn't smurfing knock him out and then tried to execute him or anything; as much as he would most probably of liked too.

Yeah, I gotta say, that's pretty much won the award for Worst Parent for me.

Oh yeah Hojo, he wins worst Father award while Brahne gets worst Mother award.

* gives them ciddies *

NeoCracker
05-21-2014, 12:37 PM
In Hojo's defense, he is pretty damn awesome.

Colonel Angus
05-21-2014, 10:10 PM
FFX Cid is just a deadbeat who made a mockery of Zanarkand.
Rikku is the one who keeps running off on crazy adventures. And turning Zanarkand into a tourist attraction is not so much being a bad father as it is being an insensitive opportunist.

Gau's father is pretty bad as is Jecht but I think Hojo takes the cake.
If were including mothers then Jenova is manipulative overbearing
If Rikku had a solid father figure, she wouldn't go on crazy adventure, nor would she dress like a hooker. He knew w/o their mother around he had to step it up as a father.

Forgot about Gau's dad. Definitley worst dad in that game. IMO he's a worse father than Jecht. Jecht never kicked Tidus out of the house, even if he was a Major League dick. (& no guys, Tidus didn't deserve it #HatersGoneHate)

While not a bad father, I think we should mention Cyan & Elayne, only for naming their son Owain.

black orb
05-22-2014, 03:47 AM
>>> But it was important to Hojo (as an experiment of course)..
Jecth didnt give a crap about Tidus thats that make him the worst in my book..:luca:

Ayen
05-22-2014, 04:39 AM
I don't think it's fair to judge Jecht for belittling Tidus. He deserves it.

*blinks* Why?

I was going to say Jecht, but I feel he redeems himself towards the end and I was reminded of the Hojo thing.

Psychotic
05-22-2014, 07:06 AM
Seto. Turning and fleeing when the GI attacked Cosmo Canyon and abandoning his son was a really shitty thing to do. Incidentally I've never beaten the GI either and have been stuck at that point for many years.

Shiny
05-22-2014, 02:29 PM
Hojo is the worse. Father of the year right there.

LunarWeaver
05-22-2014, 03:04 PM
I think Motomu Toriyama is pretty awful to the Final Fantasy kids.

Newmani
05-22-2014, 06:35 PM
Seto. Turning and fleeing when the GI attacked Cosmo Canyon and abandoning his son was a really troutty thing to do. Incidentally I've never beaten the GI either and have been stuck at that point for many years.
Spoiler alert, X-Potion is your friend.

Anyways... gosh if I had to list one it would be that walking prune Hojo. That guy's THE worst. Really, if you're perfectly fine with injecting your unborn child with the cells of a monster just because someone payed you to do it, and then treat him like a lab rat afterwards, you're just not human.

Lucrecia's not much better though. Not only was she fine with it but she completely abandoned him and tried to kill herself. No wonder he went nuts. http://lparchive.org/Pokemon-Crystal/Smilies/emot-smith.gif

Psychotic
05-22-2014, 06:36 PM
Seto. Turning and fleeing when the GI attacked Cosmo Canyon and abandoning his son was a really troutty thing to do. Incidentally I've never beaten the GI either and have been stuck at that point for many years.
Spoiler alert, X-Potion is your friend.
It was a joke ;) Thanks though!

Spooniest
05-23-2014, 10:08 AM

yeah, but Tidus is an idiot pansy -because- of his father's belittling.

You forgot drunken. Drunken belittling.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
05-23-2014, 10:15 AM
Most Final Fantasy VIII characters grew up in an orphanage. On top of that, their caretaker turned out to be a sorceress.

Just sayin.

maybee
05-23-2014, 10:25 AM
I don't think it's fair to judge Jecht for belittling Tidus. He deserves it.

Tidus deserves child abuse ? Nobody deserves child abuse.