PDA

View Full Version : Temporal Rifts

fat_moogle
05-21-2014, 01:22 AM
What did you think of the Temporal Rift challenges in FFXIII-2?

I didn't mind the ones where you had to connect the same coloured crystals, or the one where you had to find the right path over the tiles.

But what I DESPISED...

THE HANDS OF TIME.

The first couple were easy but they became ridiculously frustrating, didn't like them at all. I tried to work them out myself but in the end I looked online xD

Karifean
05-21-2014, 09:45 AM
The connect-the-dots puzzles were ridiculously easy.

The find-the-path were nice though it was sometimes difficult to keep track of the crystals when they teleported around. Also, it'd have been better without a time limit on how long you can stand on one tile.

Hands of Time were my favorites actually. Especially the ones without a time limit. It was quite fun going through everything in your head until you finally found the correct sequence. The ones with a time limit were really tough since they were randomized and I tended to use like 2/3rds of the time going through possibilities and then using that last third to just try and see. Failed them a few times, but it wasn't that bad.

Psychotic
05-21-2014, 05:28 PM
Fully with you on those bloody clock hands. What a nightmare! I liked them in the beginning, but when they randomised the board after every failure it all felt random rather than logical and that was frustrating.

Mirage
05-22-2014, 04:23 AM
I thought most puzzles were fine, but I really hated some of the higher level randomized clock puzzles. I ended up using a program to solve them for me.

fat_moogle
05-22-2014, 08:30 AM
I ended up using a program to solve them for me.
Glad to know I'm not the only one that didn't *whisper*... cheat :p

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do!

Mirage
05-22-2014, 08:42 AM
It's not cheating any more than it is to hand the game over to a math geek friend and the them do it. :colbert:

fat_moogle
05-22-2014, 08:52 AM
I guess xD

Well, I'm glad that I don't have to do them ever again! Unless I replay XIII-2, which I highly doubt.

Loony BoB
05-22-2014, 10:22 AM
I'm a bit of a puzzle fiend and I loved these ones. They were presented far better than the puzzles in prior FF's which required you wandering back and forth in a random-battle-laden dungeon pulling levers this way and that until you figured things out. I don't like being interrupted when trying to figure out puzzles!

My favourite ones were probably the ones where you have to step on tiles only once and keep moving. The constellation-esque ones were far too easy.

Shauna
05-22-2014, 03:14 PM
Frickin' hands of time. The others were fine, but goddamn. Randomly picking numbers and hoping for the best for like an hour. xD

Neptunia
05-28-2014, 12:00 AM
I Hate hate hate hate the hands of time, was pleased that there is a easier way to do them. the other two were fine, sometimes took time to do them though.

Formalhaut
05-28-2014, 06:52 PM
Like some of the others, I used this program on-line to do it all for me. Worked out great. The other two were quite fun though, though I did sometimes want to just get on with the fighting. The puzzle heavy Oerba locations dragged on slightly for me.

Dat Matt
06-02-2014, 12:07 AM
The hands of time was fun if not frustrating. It was a logic game where there was no clear starting point. Had they given you a starting square people would have hated them far less.

Sefie1999AD
06-02-2014, 02:10 PM
Connecting the dots was pretty fun most of the time. The tile trial was sometimes hard, but not impossible. As for the Hands of Time, they were alright at first since they were pretty simple. Fortunately, I don't think there were any really hard clock puzzles during the main storyline, only during side-quests. However, the ones that appeared during side-quests were really annoying, especially when you didn't know where to start, and failing would give you another random puzzle. I mostly just used an online solver to complete those puzzles. However, during the last few puzzles, I actually wanted to solve the puzzles myself, using paper and pencil. :D It actually felt quite rewarding, and the time limit didn't bother me since you can always pause the game while you're thinking about the solution. :hahaha:

Dat Matt
06-03-2014, 11:04 PM
When I was doing it I would use what numbers I had left at the end to try and figure out which way I should start with. Generally though it was blind luck that go me through.