PDA

View Full Version : oohhhhh no help me yolo

Alive-Cat
05-21-2014, 11:13 AM
So I woke up this morning at 10 sprawled out across my sofa, thirsty, headachey and alone. This is strange because I start work at 7. I should be there now but I am not. Even stranger I have no dialled calls on my phone saying I'm sick, and even stranger not one single call from them asking where I am. Why anyone else who got up shortly after me didn't wake me up is beyond me. Perhaps they couldn't. I'm just going to go with the flow and pretend everthing is fine for now.
I drank a lot of beers last night.
This is nowhere near the strangest state I woke up in as I am at home, in my own bed, and more importantly, wearing my own clothes but yeah.

What's the strangest place/state you've woke up in after a night out or whatever? How do you deal with this? How often, if ever, do you call in sick to work but are actually just hungover? What is the square root of 62?

Psychotic
05-21-2014, 11:42 AM
7.874007874011811, why do you ask?

fat_moogle
05-21-2014, 11:54 AM
Strangest place I woke up after a night out was in hospital! I opened my eyes and was being wheeled along in a bed and I thought "wtf is going on?"

Last thing I remember I was drinking in a club, waking up in hospital was not good. Turns out my drink had been spiked. Thought it was strange seeing how I'd drunk hardly anything!

Alive-Cat
05-21-2014, 01:50 PM
Strangest place I woke up after a night out was in hospital! I opened my eyes and was being wheeled along in a bed and I thought "wtf is going on?"

Last thing I remember I was drinking in a club, waking up in hospital was not good. Turns out my drink had been spiked. Thought it was strange seeing how I'd drunk hardly anything!

That has happened to me. Turns out I had been walking back from the train station after being at a club, it was about 4 in the morning, I decided to sit down on a park bench and watch the sun rise, thought that would be nice. I fell asleep and got hypothermia and at some point, someone found me and called an ambulance and I guess that actually saved my life!

7.874007874011811, why do you ask?

It was tickling my brain and I knew, I just knew, that you would be the man to scratch it! Just like old times. Just like Paris.

noxious.sunshine
05-21-2014, 05:12 PM
Woke up in a hospital as well.

But I'd taken a couple of oxycontins and drank an entire bottle of vodka by myself straight with no chasers on my 21st bday (this was back before I had a high tolerance). Why I did this is a sad story.

But I drank the bottle, and the last thing I remember was deciding my ex was at his best friend's house with the dude's mom, got dressed, and left. This in the rly bad ghetto at like 1 a.m. .. IDK who found me, but I woke up in the hospital near my ex sister in law's house.

I've only called out due to a hangover 1 time.. On New Years Day and said it was food poisoning. Which I really tbh. I might be tired and headache-y the next day, but I never throw up. And I didn't even get all that jacked up.

Actually. I guess you could say 2x, but the other time was when I was working at the school and the Mexican restaurant .. I emailed my boss and used my personal day on May 6th cuz I knew we were gonna be slammed for Cinco Dr Mayo ... I was right. Even tho we closed at 10 like always on weeknights, none of us left until like midnight. My ex and I got druuuunk.

Shorty
05-21-2014, 05:28 PM
Only two times I can recall waking up where I didn't know where I was right away. One of the times I had gone out with my roommate to his friends' place and we partied hard. I blacked out and woke up in a bed, absolutely terrified of what I might have done. My roommate was in the same room sleeping on the floor and I accidentally woke him and freaked out that someone else was in the room with me and that we might have done something regretful (we didn't).

I had a very bad hangover that lasted three days. Slam lots of water, eat lots of salt and fat! I've called in sick to work when really just being hungover, but I've grown up since and appropriately manage my tolerance now. Also I don't drink fucking long island iced teas anymore.

blackmage_nuke
05-21-2014, 05:29 PM
What's the strangest place/state you've woke up in after a night out or whatever?
My bed or my friends couch. I drink responsibly

How do you deal with this?
I push off whoever was spooning with me through the night and proceed to eat my friends food.

How often, if ever, do you call in sick to work but are actually just hungover?
Never, I drink water between alcoholic beverages to prevent hangovers

What is the square root of 62?
Depends on what base you're counting in

Crop
05-21-2014, 05:41 PM
I've woken up in houses or random motel rooms without remembering how I got there, but usually with a friend who quickly puts my mind at ease about how nothing crazy happened and we just needed somewhere close by to crash.

As far as calling in to work goes - I've done it, but usually just to delay coming in for a couple of hours because I'm still drunk. Hangovers never hit me hard, but sometimes I'm partying until 5:30am and have to be in work at 08:00am, so I need a couple of hours sleep and some time to sober up.

I tend to just use the ol' "I have a Doctors appointment, I'll be in at 10:00am" excuse.

Pumpkin
05-21-2014, 06:07 PM
What's the strangest place/state you've woke up in after a night out or whatever?

At home

Same way I always do.

When I drink, I never let myself get past the point of drunk in to blackout drunk. I did once, to try it out, but I made sure I was home with someone I could trust. I didn't get blackout drunk but I got drunk enough to puke and did not enjoy myself at all and so I've never done it again.

As far as when I just get mild amounts of drunk, I make sure I haven't had too much to not know what's going on and I always make sure I'm around someone I can trust, just in case. Usually I just get a ride home or walk home at the end of the night.

I've never been hungover but I have called in "I just don't feel like it today"

Your mom

Anyways, my answers are boring, sorry :shobon:

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
05-21-2014, 09:20 PM

On the roof of a business building in downtown San Diego. I woke up splayed out on a picnic table up there. I'm still not sure how I got there.
Either that or in the jungle/woods in Okinawa, Japan. Also not sure how I got there.

By figuring out where I am and either calling someone to pick me up, or walking home.

I'm not allowed to do this. Being military, if we don't want to work/can't work, we have to go to medical and get excused. And if we show alcohol in our system we can get in a lot of trouble.

I'm a Marine. We don't do maths.

metagloria
05-21-2014, 09:30 PM
I've only ever been genuinely drunk two or three times, and never blackout drunk. (In fact, it's kind of a recurring joke that, when wasted, I loudly and frequently remind my friends that "I KNOW EVERYTHING THAT'S GOING ON RIGHT NOW".) Most recently, after some brandy, some tequila, and a Bud Light Straw-ber-rita (not in that order), I tried to play Solitaire on my iPod, and the combination of bright light and forcing my brain to try to perform a function triggered my barf reflex.

The worst ever was on my 24th birthday, when a bunch of friends and I had rum and coke, beer, jello shots, and (don't ever do this) everclear. Almost all of us hurled sooner or later, and while I ended up making it to bed, I woke up to the sound of one friend snoring, asleep in the hall in front of my bathroom.

Jess
05-21-2014, 09:41 PM
When I was younger, I called in sick a few times when I was hungover and was down to work a Saturday. Now, I work Monday to Friday and I only ever drink at the weekends if I'm going to drink, and even that's rare nowadays. I haven't called in sick for nearly 3 years at all, hangover or sick, I go to work.

I suffer with horrendous hangovers that last all day, so I don't get drunk very often anymore because I can't cope with the hangovers!

I've never woken up anywhere strange.