PDA

View Full Version : Favourite kinds of pasta

Loony BoB
05-21-2014, 05:27 PM
Linguine, ravioli and fusilli, nom nom nom nom nom. A good sized tagliatelle is also amazing, as is macaroni. I'm not a big fan of penne at all, and tortiglioni is no better. Farfalle is eh. Shells, or whatever the Italian name is for them, are awful.

Shorty
05-21-2014, 05:47 PM
Fusilli Sarah.

I like it all. All of it. Give me all of the pasta.

Shauna
05-21-2014, 05:52 PM
Yeah, I like most all pastas, and I cannot think of one I do not enjoy.

Certain pasta sauces though. Eurgh.

Jess
05-21-2014, 09:51 PM
Don't they all taste the same?... Just different shapes and sizes? I love all pasta! :jess:

Pumpkin
05-21-2014, 09:53 PM
Penne is my favorite and the shells are my least favorite.

Parker
05-21-2014, 10:22 PM
gnocchi, if it counts.

i also developed a recent love for stuffed pastas so some good ravioli or whatever is awesome

Colonel Angus
05-21-2014, 10:49 PM
All this bad mouthing of shells breaks my heart. :(

I love shells. I like how they hold sauce.

My favorite is ravioli. My grandmother use to hand make them. Ones you buy in the store are good, but her's were special.

Outside of that, Jess is pretty spot on. Outside of the filled ones, the only difference between the pastas are how you like to eat them.

Loony BoB
05-21-2014, 11:20 PM
There is deeeefinitely a difference. Some hold certain types of sauces better than others. Macaroni will hold onto a cheese sauce excellently and when you bite down into it, it will squeeze out that sauce. Fusilli is great for grabbing onto small diced up bits of food within a sauce.

blackmage_nuke
05-22-2014, 12:22 AM
I like how penne gets the sauce inside but I dont like how its so short that I can only really eat a few at a time unless I use a spoon or just tip it into my mouth off the edge of the bowl.

The longer thinner ones are my favourite but I'd like to try Bucatini or some kind of really long penne if someone could invent that

Miss Mae
05-22-2014, 01:27 AM
Penne and gnocchi and my favourites, and sometimes spiral pasta (which is apparently called fusilli but apparently that word was too hard for Australians and we just changed it to 'spiral pasta' on all the packets). I prefer smaller pastas than spaghetti or fettuccine.

I make my own pasta sauces. I have about three bases that I use (tomato, cream and starch water/butter) and various combinations of additions depending on how I'm feeling.

I love pasta.

Colonel Angus
05-22-2014, 02:27 AM
I'm sorry, but all this fusilli talk has me thinking...

Shorty
05-22-2014, 03:03 AM
I'm sorry, but all this fusilli talk has me thinking...

You got my reference. I like you, friend.

Night Fury
05-22-2014, 03:44 PM
Fettuccine!

Eeeeeh I'm gonna get a pasta rolling machine this week too. My Italian has had a big influence on me :)

Bolivar
05-22-2014, 04:23 PM
Penne, I just like the way it holds the sauce.

I also like vermicelli and the things the wonderful Vietnamese do with them.

Jess
05-22-2014, 08:12 PM
There is deeeefinitely a difference. Some hold certain types of sauces better than others. Macaroni will hold onto a cheese sauce excellently and when you bite down into it, it will squeeze out that sauce. Fusilli is great for grabbing onto small diced up bits of food within a sauce.
But you didn't ask which pasta is best with which sauce. :colbert:

Without sauce, they all taste the same!

Sometimes I make "macaroni" cheese with penne! Crazy, huh? :jess:

Loony BoB
05-23-2014, 12:28 PM
That is crazy! They do it at work and it tastes awful. :( Sure, that's mostly because the recipe they use is crap, but...

Quindiana Jones
05-23-2014, 12:30 PM
copy

Jess
05-23-2014, 07:22 PM
That is crazy! They do it at work and it tastes awful. :( Sure, that's mostly because the recipe they use is crap, but...
They obviously don't know how to make good macaroni cheese. :colbert:

I make a mean macaroni cheese... Even when I make it with penne ;)