PDA

View Full Version : Chrono Trigger ~ Rank the characters

Pumpkin
05-21-2014, 06:28 PM
In what order would you put the characters from favorite to least favorite?

For me:

Freddy (Robo)
Ayla (These two are very very close)
Lucca
Chrono
Frog
Marle
Magus

Skyblade
05-21-2014, 08:17 PM
I don't really rate Crono. He's the player avatar, so the amount of personality he has depends on how much you project on to him.

Marle
Frog
Magus
Robo
Lucca
Ayla

Keep in mind though, that this rating is on a very small scale. There's only the tiniest of gaps between each character, or even between Marle and Ayla. It's rare for me to get a game where I like the entire cast this equally, but then Chrono Trigger hits rare milestones everywhere.

Pumpkin
05-21-2014, 08:19 PM
Oho our lists are so different :P

Sephiroth
05-21-2014, 08:53 PM
Fiendlord Janus

The rest.

They could have also been played by Bulma, Teen Gohan, Piccolo, Lunch and Giru.

Janus is a Mao, Piccolo is a Daimao.
Janus uses magic. Piccolo uses magic.
Janus wears a cape. Piccolo wears a cape.
Janus is somehow evil and redeems, so does Piccolo.

Chrono is all lightning, Teen Gohan is the first SSJ2 and features lightning aura.
They have similiar hair.
The wield or wielded swords.
They have a similiar Gi.
They have or had a headband.

Marledia's outfit is close to Bulma's desert outfit.
Lucca is a brilliant inventor and daughter of a brilliant inventor, so is Bulma.
They both repair A.I.s, Lucca repairs Prometheus, Bulma repairs C16.

And Ayla looks like the second Lunch.

ScottNUMBERS
05-21-2014, 10:02 PM
Frog
Everyone else

I loved when he chopped that mountain in half I had never seen a Frog do that before. He also has a ridiculously awesome theme tune.

Colonel Angus
05-22-2014, 04:46 AM
Crono
Lucca
Robo
Frog
Magus
Marle
Ayla

Sephiroth, I've always thought of Marle as a ChiChi.

Pumpkin
05-22-2014, 04:47 AM
Am I the only one who likes Ayla :(

NeoCracker
05-22-2014, 06:23 AM
Alright people, worst to best, not best to worst. Why does no one here understand this!? :mad2:

Marle: Yeah, I don't like Marle. She's not bad, just kind of dull and generic.

Lucca: A fair few steps above Marle, she's actually enjoyable and come games end has a great moment with Robo.

Chrono: Great use of a Silent Protaganist, though not up to par with BoF II's, they do a good job at giving him a strong personality without saying anything.

Ayla: Ayla is great. Bisexual Cavewoman ftw! Strong, Smart (For her time at least), and joyous.

Robo: Robo kicks ass. I've always had a soft spot for Robots with a personality, and I love his ability to keep his spirits high even considering the future he comes from, and the premise that he may not be alive once he returns to his own time at the end is amazing.

Magus: I love me a good Tragic Character. For all his magic supremacy, he failed in all his endevours, yet keeps fighting forward to fulfil his revenge. By no means a good guy, it's kind of funny his purely selfish desires are for the betterment of the world.

Frog: Okay, Frog is fucking awesome. One of the single greatest themes in game history. Tell me you don't get immidiately pumped for an epic adventure when that tune kicks on?

Skyblade
05-22-2014, 06:25 AM
I really like Ayla's character, but there are certain design aspects about prehistory in general that really annoy me, and it kind of rubs off on her. I really loathe the "me caveman, use words" speech style. It grates on my nerves, and makes the characters seem stupider than they actually are (ignorance I can accept, stupidity gets on my nerves). Ayla is also probably the least intelligent of the party, and that annoys me somewhat too. Plus, while the game's score is generally awesome, prehistory has my least favorite tracks.

Finally, there's the way the game compels you to take her along because she's the only one who can steal from enemies, and almost every boss has an item well worth stealing.

But, as I said, I like her. I like all the cast. I just like the others better.

Pumpkin
05-22-2014, 06:25 AM
I stole one thing once

starlet
05-22-2014, 06:26 AM
Lucca
Everyone else

Pumpkin
05-22-2014, 06:29 AM
Robo
Ayla
Lucca
Chrono
Frog
Marle
Magus

Robo
Ayla
Lucca
Chrono
Frog
Marle
Magus

Robo
Ayla
Lucca
Chrono
Frog
Marle
Magus

Robo
Ayla
Lucca
Chrono
Frog
Marle
Magus

Disclaimer: My post is best to worst. Best being Robo

Robo
Ayla
Lucca
Chrono
Frog
Marle
Magus

Robo
Ayla
Lucca
Chrono
Frog
Marle
Magus

Omg you guys what a coincidence :erm:

NeoCracker
05-22-2014, 06:33 AM
Just throwing this out there, my post was listed worst to best.

;P

Edit: Now you're not even trying.

Mercen-X
05-22-2014, 07:14 AM
Frog
Magus
That is all.

Okay, Robo...

Sephiroth
05-22-2014, 12:54 PM
Sephiroth, I've always thought of Marle as a ChiChi.

http://www11.pic-upload.de/22.05.14/fc4dfkvbzl1q.jpg

Source:
Dragon Ball, vol. 2, pg. 66, made by Akira Toriyama from 1984-1995

http://www11.pic-upload.de/22.05.14/3dfw6wmvil8.jpg

Source:
Chrono Trigger DS Instruction Manual, pg. 7, original game made by Square Enix (formerly known as Square) in 1995, Chrono Trigger DS published by Square Enix in 2009

And Lavos is the Final Boss of a Time Travelling Story while Cell is the Final Boss or main antagonist of a Saga that involves Time Travelling. Lavos with his first inside-shell form also looks similiar to Cell in his first non-embryo/egg/cocoon form. And they both get stronger by absorption/collecting/copying DNA, Lavos with its spawns, Cell with his tail. Cell can also spawn Baby Cells, that look like a mini version of himself, except they don't have anything to do with absorption.

http://www11.pic-upload.de/22.05.14/vtu1cgeuwx4l.jpg

Source:
Dragon Ball, vol. 31, pg. 104-105, made by Akira Toriyama from 1984-1995

http://www11.pic-upload.de/22.05.14/8r777tshwsyw.jpg

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UfWmyjnFhs
Original Source: Chrono Trigger, made by Square Enix (formerly known as Square) in 1995

Colonel Angus
05-22-2014, 10:30 PM
Good catch, Sephiroth!

But, when I name them, Marle will still be renamed Chi Chi. :p (Lucca is always Bulma)

Perducci
05-22-2014, 11:55 PM
Frog
Robo
Ayla
Magus
Chrono
Lucca
Marle

maybee
05-23-2014, 11:01 AM
Magus- I just find his character to be interesting and he has a cute pet purple cat with adorable name, though his characterization just goes downhill when he joins your party, he just becomes that guy that's just there, just because he can.

Lucca- It's nice to see a cute and very intelligent girl who is not perfect though she never gives up, and her past is very sad, emotional and tragic.

Ayla- Strong woman character, and basically a leader of her nation, which is pretty awesome. Though from memory her younger brother takes over or something ? Oh well.

Freddy (Robo)- Cute robot and I cry everytime his "brothers " turn on him and beat him up, and he just let's it happen. noo ;a;

Frog- MY NAME IS GLENN / breaks through the door with his sword

Chrono- Interesting main character, leaves me kinda speechless. D:

Marle- Annoying.

Psychotic
05-23-2014, 05:35 PM
Frog
Everyone else

I loved when he chopped that mountain in half I had never seen a Frog do that before. He also has a ridiculously awesome theme tune.Came here to post exactly this list. Well no, it was

#1 Frog
#2 Who cares?

His song is incredible.

Jowy
05-27-2014, 06:25 PM
Lucca
Robo
Magus
Frog
Crono
Ayla
Marle

Based entirely on damage output.

Wolf Kanno
05-28-2014, 08:30 AM
Least to favorite

Marle - She's a bit too bossy and goody good for my taste but she has her moments.

Ayla - Ayla is pretty fun character

Lucca - Fun mad scientist best friend who might have a secret thing for the main character, sign me up.

Robo - One of the more sympathetic and tragic characters in the game, I love playing through the future.

Frog - The other really cool tragic figure and I actually liked his Old Butchered English cause it made him far more entertaining.

Magus - Great backstory and badass theme, his dialogue tends to be snarky and fun.

Crono - He's one of my favorite silent protagonist and he's pretty goofy in the various endings. Especially the one he talks in.

Bright Shield
06-02-2014, 08:25 PM
7. Ayla
6. Robo
5. Lucca
4. Marle
3. Crono
2. Magus
1. Frog

Freya
06-03-2014, 01:10 AM
Frog