PDA

View Full Version : Course Vote for Super Mario Kart Highscore Challenge.

Dat Matt
05-22-2014, 11:16 AM
Hi Nerds and Nerdettes!

With Super Mario Kart now decided as the Highscore Challenge Game for June, we now need to decide what course to race on. Based on The fact there are 20 course in total, I am narrowing down the pool to the first in the Course Itteration (e.g Donut plains 1, Ghost Valley 1 etc). Vote on what course you'd like to race on in this Highscore Challenge.

In order to stimulate Discussion (and so I don't need to bump the thread a million times) what are your Favourite Mario Kart Tracks from any of the games?

Mirage
05-22-2014, 11:22 AM
If it ain't rainbow road, I ain't playing. :colbert:

And my favourite tracks from every game are the rainbow roads.

Dat Matt
05-22-2014, 11:49 AM
Rainbow Roads are pretty swell. I'm not very good at the Super Mario Kart one.

Which rainbow road would you say is your favourite? Mine would be Super Circuit because the _HmH5FK-R8Y

Bubba
05-22-2014, 07:10 PM
I see that Rainbow Road is already way out in front. Oh dear... I may struggle on this one. God damn Thwomps are a pain in the arse!

if I'm honest though, the Wii one was the worst. I'd fall off that bad boy on pretty much every corner!

Mirage
05-22-2014, 07:12 PM
Another reason is that they often are one of the most difficult tracks, which is good for a challenge.

Bubba
05-22-2014, 07:20 PM
Another reason is that they often are one of the most difficult tracks, which is good for a challenge.

To be honest, my dear Mirage, I don't think there will be much of a challenge anyway. Even on a track that I suck at I still reckon I could beat any of you lot by a clear 5 seconds.

I was victorious in the last challenge... I WILL BE VICTORIOUS AGAIN! MMWAHAHAHA!!!!

...either that or I'll hastily return to edit this post when I fail miserably.

Dat Matt
05-22-2014, 07:28 PM

To be honest, my dear Mirage, I don't think there will be much of a challenge anyway. Even on a track that I suck at I still reckon I could beat any of you lot by a clear 5 seconds.

I was victorious in the last challenge... I WILL BE VICTORIOUS AGAIN! MMWAHAHAHA!!!!

Quoting now so you can't back out now. Bubba has thrown the gauntlet.

Mirage
05-22-2014, 07:29 PM

You might beat me in my current condition, but there was a time where I was pretty masterful in SMK.

Dat Matt
05-22-2014, 08:35 PM
The voting is pretty centered towards rainbow road, I managed to get a time in that I'm fairly proud of considering my first attempt clocked in at 4'10'11. Also gives me a benchmark for how much better you kids are at this game than I am.

Rainbow road on the SNES is pretty hard. Those thwomps messed me up. Lakitu as placed me on a point where I would be directly facing the edge of the map so I had to fall off again. What a dick.

Anyone else getting in some SMK practice?

Bubba
05-22-2014, 09:56 PM
Don't need it, man. My prowess at Super Mario Kart is equalled only by my prowess in the bedroom.

Either way, you can expect magical things to happen within a 2-3 minute time frame.

Dat Matt
05-22-2014, 10:14 PM
My current best is faster than 2 Minutes.

What now Bubba?

Bubba
05-22-2014, 10:57 PM
I say that once the course and character are decided...

IT'S OOOAAAANNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

Dat Matt
05-22-2014, 11:08 PM
I hope that we end up playing a Specific Character and Track because I think I'll get destroyed any other way :P

I am no good with Donkey Kong xD

Bubba
05-22-2014, 11:53 PM
Well... just had a first attempt with Donkey Kong.

2:51"75

He's worse than bloody Yoshi for handling! Plus he's too fast when he gets going. No-one else vote for Donkey Kong!

Who ho did you get below 2 mins with Matt?

EDIT: Scratch that. I just did a 20 second lap with him! Granted, I got VERY lucky with Thwomps and I seriously doubt I could keep that up over 5 laps. Could be done though I reckon!

Dat Matt
05-23-2014, 12:18 AM
I had to slow down going round most corners, something I doubt that I could maintain that play style using DK considering his acceleration is awful. The fastest I've seen though is something like 1'27'84 with DK or something close to that on youtube. That's an insane time.

Dat Matt
05-25-2014, 02:23 AM
Votes are becoming close, but there is still a strong favour for rainbow road here?

Will Mario Circuit sneak ahead at the last second and become the course for this months' challenge?

LocoColt04
05-25-2014, 02:58 AM
Okay, so I'm cool with whatever the result is, but I gotta say... Mario Circuit 1 really just doesn't have enough of a challenge for a challenge! You could make the argument that having a simple track to show off individual player skill with less chance of utter harassment by the AI and the bottomless pit would make for a fairer contest... but having the brass balls to step up and roll as a crew on Rainbow Road is what a challenge is really all about.

*adjusts brass balls*

Dat Matt
05-25-2014, 12:06 PM
It's interesting because the votes are basically for "Easiest Course" and "Hardest Course" for this challenge. Either or I hope we get a big pool of people interested in playing. There already seems like there is more buzz for this challenge than there was for the Super Mario Bros one.

Dat Matt
05-29-2014, 06:18 PM
And the http://www.uploadimages4free.com/upload/big/pools_closed-11332.jpg. We're playing SNES Rainbow Road!

Get Hyped!