PDA

View Full Version : Do you drive?

Jinx
05-22-2014, 03:01 PM
I'm just curious, since it seems a lot of people I know don't!

Shiny
05-22-2014, 03:06 PM
I do drive when I have to and I have my license, but I work in NYC so it's not really necessary.

Calliope
05-22-2014, 03:11 PM
I do not drive. My family did not have a car for the bulk of my childhood, and the one time my mother tried to teach me to drive it was in the rain, and she was so drunk she almost crashed into a telephone pole. I lived in a vast metropolitan city where everyone commute via bus/ferry/train, and I have many friends from there who do not drive, even though we are in our thirties, now. However, I am now in a position where I need to learn, if only because of where I live now or that it increases my chance of meaningful employment. My main barrier to this is that the road rules are boring, and I just don't care very much. Also, I'm pretty sure that I would speed and Spuuky would lecture me.

Shauna
05-22-2014, 03:20 PM
No, but I am learning how to. Where's my poll option!?

Parker
05-22-2014, 03:24 PM
no but I will hopefully be learning in a couple months. i didnt when i was younger mostly because of money, then i wasnt allowed to because of some seizures. i should be cleared to get a car and start learning in august so it all depends on if I have a job and if i still need a car then

Quindiana Jones
05-22-2014, 03:26 PM
Drive? Where we're going, we don't need...

...to drive. :confusedcookiemonster:

Psychotic
05-22-2014, 03:27 PM
I don't call it driving, I call it road artistry. I make love to the road on a daily basis in my little red car. It's not size that matters, it's what you do with it.

noxious.sunshine
05-22-2014, 03:34 PM
My BF is practically begging to me to let him learn me how to parallel park here at the very least.I'm like "LOL no" .. He's like "How the hell did you even get a license if you can't parallel park!?" and I'm like "'Cuz they didn't test me on that, st00pid. DUH."srsly. Don't nobody parallel park outside of downtown Nashville. haha.

Quindiana Jones
05-22-2014, 03:39 PM
My BF is practically begging to me to let him learn me how to parallel park here at the very least.I'm like "LOL no" .. He's like "How the hell did you even get a license if you can't parallel park!?" and I'm like "'Cuz they didn't test me on that, st00pid. DUH."srsly. Don't nobody parallel park outside of downtown Nashville. haha.

Had to re-read this one a few times. xD

Shiny
05-22-2014, 03:40 PM
let him learn me
That should be a new catchphrase.

escobert
05-22-2014, 03:41 PM
Yes, almost everyday.

blackmage_nuke
05-22-2014, 03:43 PM
Yes I drive regularly, its very enjoyable if I have passengers I like and somewhat relaxing if I have no passengers. If there are passengers I dont like however it becomes stressful and Im prone to making more mistakes.

I am amazing at reverse perpindicular parking, but terrible at forward perpindicular. I have not needed to reverse parallel parked since I got off my learners

Shorty
05-22-2014, 04:29 PM
Yes, but I wish I didn't have to as often as I do. I would love to ride my bike everywhere, but I'd also love to live somewhere where everything I needed was within a two-mile radius for me to do this (I miss California).

fat_moogle
05-22-2014, 04:31 PM
I can drive, but I don't have a car any more. Haven't had one since 2010. I do miss it and I get fed up of catching buses, but I can't afford a car for now. I aim to start saving for one next year.

Bolivar
05-22-2014, 04:35 PM
I can, but I take the commuter train to work every day.

Scotty_ffgamer
05-22-2014, 05:20 PM
I don't have my license, but I've been practice a lot lately, driving whenever I can. I'm going to try to get my license soon. I guess that means I drive occasionally.

metagloria
05-22-2014, 05:26 PM
Yes, but I take the subway to work, so I don't drive that much. My wife and I share a car, and she drives it most of the time. I, however, get the wheel on long road trips - both of our sets of parents are 8-10 hours away. I love long drives like that, because I get to put on long concept albums or video game OSTs that I'd never otherwise be able to sit down and enjoy in one listen!

Pumpkin
05-22-2014, 05:33 PM
I can drive but I hate driving so I avoid it whenever possible. Unfortunately we live in the middle of the woods and it would take me literally hours to walk anywhere except a gas station, so I usually just don't go out until sharky gets home. The only time I'll drive myself is if I have an appointment, like I will for my help line volunteering coming up.

Freya
05-22-2014, 05:50 PM
Yes. Have been since I was 14 (yay farm license).

I still hate driving in cities.

Driven far too much now though so I kinda hate it.

Mirage
05-22-2014, 05:54 PM
I rarely drive. Don't have my own car, also, don't need to very often. The times I need to go far away, other modes of transportation are cheaper, although they sometimes are slower. However, I can play 3DS or PSP while riding trains or buses, so in practice, I'm not actually wasting any time :D. The main downside is to be locked to schedules that aren't always optimal for me.

Crop
05-22-2014, 06:09 PM
Na. I live 10 minutes walking distance from the office, and car stuff is expensive. It would cost me around £2000 to learn to drive, own and insure a car. Not including petrol money or any maintenance.
Even if I did work a distance away, we have an excellent public transport service in my area.

I like to save my money for travelling anyway. Maybe one day I'll learn.

Pike
05-22-2014, 06:59 PM
Yes and yes, because my work shift starts before the bus schedule does (shame cause it's free so I'd save a ton), and because I do not know how to ride a bike.

Mirage
05-22-2014, 07:11 PM
r u srs

Parker
05-22-2014, 07:13 PM
i also dont know how to ride a bike and would like to thank pike for having the courage to admit it so that i could also admit it :3

Shorty
05-22-2014, 07:20 PM
Before last year I hadn't ridden a bike in like fifteen years and had to basically re-learn it :|

Alive-Cat
05-22-2014, 07:23 PM
I jive

sharkythesharkdogg
05-22-2014, 08:26 PM
I've been known to drive on occasion.

Jess
05-22-2014, 08:34 PM
I drive every day. I love driving. I love everything about driving... except that there are too many people on the roads that somehow have a licence but can't drive for shit.

Dat Matt
05-22-2014, 08:59 PM
I learned to drive recently. It was never a necessity for me back when I lived in the city. We moved to Shauna's house which is pretty far from transport links like trains. They cancelled the bus that drove past our house so it was a mile walk daily to and from the alternate bus route. That walk took it out of me each morning, Daily commute was about 1:15 each to and from work and I was still often late for work.

Now I just drive to work. Record time for getting back is 20 minutes. It's a bit more expensive, but far better than taking the bus,

Tigmafuzz
05-22-2014, 09:11 PM
I didn't know I had to renew my license when I turned 21, but I still drive anyway.

Shorty
05-23-2014, 12:02 AM
My license does not expire until 2053.

I am not joking.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
05-23-2014, 12:14 AM
I drive all the time. My job is 25 or so minutes from my house so i'm on the road for at least an hour most days of the week. I don't mind. Paying for gas sucks but I love listening to music while driving and feeling the wind in my face.

My license does not expire until 2053.I am not joking.

I can see you getting pulled over 25 years from now.

"Are you sure this isn't your daughter?"

Shorty
05-23-2014, 12:22 AM
I guess it started as some joke in Arizona or something, but it's stupidly dangerous because there are hundred year old biddies driving around who ought not to be!

And also the state is losing out on a massive amount of money by not forcing anyone to renew their license every 2-4 or 5 years. Honestly.

Skyblade
05-23-2014, 12:25 AM
I drive myself to work and school regularly. And it still scares the bajeebas out of me.

Shorty
05-23-2014, 12:36 AM
Magic~!

radicaledward124
05-23-2014, 12:58 AM
I can but Im not actually allowed to, due to medical issues. so my license lapsed and i never renewed.

Mercen-X
05-23-2014, 01:03 AM
This question is ludicronkulous...

I don't have a license or a car... but yes I drive. The former statement prevents me driving anytime everywhere as I'd please. Some day though. Some day... I shall be lord and all shall bow... wait, wrong thought.

Lonely Paper Star
05-23-2014, 03:21 PM

I didn't get tested on parallel parking, either. I am horrid at it to this day. I also live in the suburbs, so I don't really need it. XD

Mons
05-23-2014, 03:33 PM
Only moped.(Vehicle)

Miss Mae
05-23-2014, 04:21 PM
It's hard to get around here if you don't drive - I learnt to drive basically as soon as I could. Everything is so bloody spread out where I live.

Christmas
07-29-2022, 02:53 PM
I ride my eleven legged unicorn around town and poo rainbow all over people face. I would consider that as driving as I was told I drove people nuts with this. :bigsmile:

Mr Gashtacular
08-01-2022, 02:39 PM
still havent learned how to drive or ride a bike :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Dr. Acula
08-02-2022, 06:16 AM
I haven't driven since I was about 17. My learner license expired about four years ago. :p