PDA

View Full Version : Do you wash your hands after you use the bathroom?

Jinx
05-22-2014, 06:50 PM
Poll is private!

Pike
05-22-2014, 06:59 PM
No because I hate the way the soap dries out my hands.

I don't even care.

Madame Adequate
05-22-2014, 07:01 PM
Well I make a special effort not to urinate all over my hands so... :shobon:

Pumpkin
05-22-2014, 07:02 PM
Not unless I pee on them

Pike
05-22-2014, 07:04 PM
I'm going to add that if I'm in a public restroom and someone is already washing their hands I wait in the stall until they leave

And if someone else is in the stall and I'm out first I'll run the water and "pretend" I'm washing my hands (but I'm really not)

Pumpkin
05-22-2014, 07:05 PM
I used to wash my hands if someone else was there but I don't even care anymore. I'm not peeing on my hands. Let them judge me, I'll probably never see them again anyways.

I do refuse to do my business if someone else is in there though. I'll sit in the stall and wait for them to leave. Because of something that happened once, I am mortified at the thought of someone hearing me pee

Parker
05-22-2014, 07:06 PM
Almost always, the only time I don't is when I'm drunk. Especially in some of the nasty toilets I've seen in pubs where I feel uncomfortable touching anything other than my dong.

Also like if I needed to pee in the woods or something I'm not in any particular rush to get to a basin or anything.

Psychotic
05-22-2014, 07:07 PM
Yes because I scream for hygiene.

Madame Adequate
05-22-2014, 07:09 PM

That won't put hair on your chest.

Furthermore, and more importantly, that rhyme is a stretch at best.

Psychotic
05-22-2014, 07:17 PM

Furthermore, and more importantly, that rhyme is a stretch at best.Iambic pentameter? No?
Without it your rhyme did not flow.
I wash my hands after I poo,
That's more than I can say for you.

Alive-Cat
05-22-2014, 07:18 PM
I count how many times I use the bathroom during the day, then before I'm about to go to sleep that night, I take that number and times it by how many times I smiled that day, and then I wash my hands the amount of times as the number I'm left with.

Parker
05-22-2014, 07:18 PM
pee is fine but if you dont wash your hands after you lay a poo then you need to be put down

Pike
05-22-2014, 07:19 PM
My ex took a shower every time he pooped

Not even kidding

Parker
05-22-2014, 07:23 PM
if i had time i would do that not because im a hygiene freak but just because post-poop showers are awesome

Psychotic
05-22-2014, 07:24 PM
pee is fine but if you dont wash your hands after you lay a poo then you need to be put downIf it's into a urinal then sure. But if you use a toilet then you should cause people just handled that flusher you touched after pooping.

Parker
05-22-2014, 07:26 PM
yes but think about the taps.

youre touching a poop tap when you go to wash your hands.

Pike
05-22-2014, 07:27 PM
they wash the restroom at work once an hour (seriously) and I spend my workday handling carts and work equipment that have never been washed once in their years of service

so idgaf, sorry :shobon:

Parker
05-22-2014, 07:28 PM
Oh and before you say that its ok because youre washing your hands, you have to touch the poop tap again to shut it off.

we are always covered in feces psy im sorry to break that particular bubble man

Pumpkin
Oh my gosh yes, taking an infant out in a shopping cart without wiping it down first is a nightmare because they will ALWAYS END UP SICK

Shiny
I do wash my hands and then I use hand lotion that I carry on my person. Dryness problem solved. I use my foot to flush the toilet. Germ problem partially solved.

Psychotic
yes but think about the taps.

youre touching a poop tap when you go to wash your hands.
That doesn't count because you still have anti bacterial power on your hands from the wash.

Parker
05-22-2014, 07:30 PM
Ok I am going to let you keep believing that because I don't want to be totally mean

Alive-Cat
05-22-2014, 07:32 PM
The best taps are the crazy futuristic ones you get that after you push it down once, it turns off by itself. OR EVEN THE ONES that have a sensor in them. Then you should open the door with your elbow, or alternatively just wait by the door until someone else has to walk through and then dart through the opening.

OR you can take disposable gloves everywhere and never have to wash your hands ever.

Psychotic
05-22-2014, 07:32 PM
Ok I am going to let you keep believing that because I don't want to be totally meanhttp://imgs.carex.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/14/small_image/300x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/h/w/hw_proplus_moisturising_1_2.jpg

2 hour protection bro, I can stick my hand up a prostitute's butt and if it's been 1 hour 59 minutes since I washed it then it's a-okay.

By "it" I can either mean my hand or the prostitute's butt fyi

Mirage
05-22-2014, 07:35 PM
My oh my, aren't we a filthy bunch?

Yes, every time, both when taking a piss and when taking a crap.

As for the tap problem, I turn it on by lifting from beneath, and shut it off by pushing down. I mean sure, I might get a tiny bunch of bad stuff on my hands, but it's gonna be a lot less than if I did nothing.

Shiny
05-22-2014, 07:36 PM
One time in high school I didn't wash my hands after using the restroom eventhough I only did number 1. The same day we had a test in biochemistry, where we had to test what if any, bacteria was on our hands. I was the only one that came up positive for e. Coli. I was so embarrassed, but mostly grossed out because the poop on my hands was not even my own poop. Now I must wash my hands every time I use the toilet, no matter if all I did was tinkle.

Parker
05-22-2014, 07:38 PM
Ok I am going to let you keep believing that because I don't want to be totally meanhttp://imgs.carex.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/14/small_image/300x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/h/w/hw_proplus_moisturising_1_2.jpg

2 hour protection bro, I can stick my hand up a prostitute's butt and if it's been 1 hour 59 minutes since I washed it then it's a-okay.

By "it" I can either mean my hand or the prostitute's butt fyi

if the stuff in your public toilets is this stuff then i am way too poor to be talking to you sire *apologises, backing out the door bowing over and over*

Psychotic
05-22-2014, 07:41 PM
oh right sorry I forgot you're a Welsh

I'm surprised you actually have soap in your public toilets and not coal tbt

Parker
05-22-2014, 07:44 PM
haha my local legit has neither and also the lock on the one stall is broken and the toilet seat is broken and let me tell you it is quite hard to do a hover poop to avoid your butt touching the pissy porcelain AND keep one foot closing the door shut so no one bursts in haha oh man the laughs we've had over that one (especially when inebriated)

Crop
05-22-2014, 07:50 PM
Of course I wash my hands, and of course after both. I'll remember some of these other disgusting answers for the meetup.

Pike
05-22-2014, 08:05 PM
Of course I wash my hands, and of course after both. I'll remember some of these other disgusting answers for the meetup.

joke's on you I'm not going

Madame Adequate
05-22-2014, 08:10 PM

Furthermore, and more importantly, that rhyme is a stretch at best.Iambic pentameter? No?
Without it your rhyme did not flow.
I wash my hands after I poo,
That's more than I can say for you.

Here Paul and Huxley contested their rhymes,
Pimp and Skelly demonstrating their styles,
To find the sickest of burns or contrive,
At least, to amuse the members awhile,
This measure of wits is highly unfair,
For the Walrus is doomed and soon will be
Ground into tusk dust for some billionaire,
Or will upset the N.A.A.C.P.
Turn your attention to this last quatrain,
I won't save you while you circle the drain,
And inadequate posts shall not refrain
My skills from destroying your puny brain,
My delivery here ends with these words:
"Be glad I held back from more severe burns."

/drops the mic

Yellow_Magic
05-22-2014, 08:11 PM
I wash with soap immediately after anything bathroom-related.

I share a toilet with four others, but disgustingly enough, no-one seems to take soap in even for #2's. Vomit.

Jess
05-22-2014, 08:44 PM
I have to wash my hands or else my OCD cries. So many germs!

I'm in the progress of having treatment and have recently reduced the number of times I wash my hands per day. Now I only wash them when necessary (after using the toilet and after handling food). I used to wash my hands every time I even walked past a sink. My hands were horrendous, they were dry and cracked and my knuckles would sometimes bleed.

Now I use lotion every time after I wash, and they're back to being nice again!

Dat Matt
05-22-2014, 08:52 PM
It all depends on the circumstances at the time for me. If I was feeling icky after dropping the a toilet snake then I would probably wash my hands. If it is a no-wiper then I'm generally cool without washing my hands.

I should wash my hands more though.

Rocket Edge
05-22-2014, 08:58 PM
I do wash my hands and then I use hand lotion that I carry on my person. Dryness problem solved. I use my foot to flush the toilet. Germ problem partially solved.
I do this if it's in public. God knows what it came into contact with.

I wash every time but I don't use soap.

Mercen-X
05-23-2014, 01:57 AM
In my own home? No, unless I have guests over. I wash my hands before leaving the house, after using a public restroom, and upon returning home because who knows what was on the various things I've handled while out.

Shorty
05-23-2014, 02:02 AM
It all depends on the circumstances at the time for me. If I was feeling icky after dropping the a toilet snake then I would probably wash my hands. If it is a no-wiper then I'm generally cool without washing my hands.

I should wash my hands more though.

Forgive me, but I am not familiar with the term "no-wiper" :stare:

Colonel Angus
05-23-2014, 02:03 AM
I'm sorry, people who don't wash their hands after using the bathroom are disgusting. If your hands are on/near your ass/genitalia, it's only common decency to clean them. & I don't care if it's only "the toilet paper" touching your asscheeks, wash your damn hands!

I'm never shaking hands w/ anyone ever again.:nonono:

Yar
05-23-2014, 02:13 AM
Okay I am never shaking hands with any of you freaks.

Especially Pike :mad2:

Newmani
05-23-2014, 02:46 AM
I always washed my hands after I went to the bathroom. In a restaurant establishment it's mandatory you do that, as you can cross contaminate the food. Of course the closest I've come to being in a restaurant is culinary arts but the principle's the same as we ate the food we made.

fire_of_avalon
05-23-2014, 02:54 AM
Yes, I wash my hands everytime I use the bathroom and/or touch something gross like OPs butt JUST KIDDING I AM SURE YOUR BUTT IS ADORABLE AND CLEAN.

But yeah, you guys can't have any barbecue. Well you can but you can't serve yourselves so there! :zombert:

Fonzie
05-23-2014, 03:18 AM
God some of you guys are grosssss. :erm:

I'm washing my hands right now as I type this message. #cleanhands

Shiny
05-23-2014, 03:49 AM
How is that possible? Is your keyboard in your sink?

Pumpkin
05-23-2014, 03:51 AM
Or he has a sink on his desk/office/bedroom/wherever his computer is

fire_of_avalon
05-23-2014, 03:53 AM
Hand sanitizer!

Ayen
05-23-2014, 04:24 AM
I live in Westeros. We don't even wipe our ass after we take a shit!

Seriously though, I used to not. I wouldn't even pretend to wash my hands, but now I don't leave the bathroom until I do. Good thing I got into the habit because I'm filthy enough as it is.

Agent Proto
05-23-2014, 05:30 AM
Most of the time whenever I use the bathroom, though sometimes I don't if I'm in a hurry.

Mercen-X
05-23-2014, 05:34 AM
I'm sorry, people who don't wash their hands after using the bathroom are disgusting. If your hands are on/near your ass/genitalia, it's only common decency to clean them. & I don't care if it's only "the toilet paper" touching your asscheeks, wash your damn hands!

I'm never shaking hands w/ anyone ever again.:nonono:

I have a nasty habit of sticking my hand down my pants in public. Sometimes just before I shake someone's hand. The latter may be my way of marking my territory. :p;) Nice to meet you, sir.

Oh and before you say that its ok because youre washing your hands, you have to touch the poop tap again to shut it off.

we are always covered in feces psy im sorry to break that particular bubble man

I use my feet. I have nimble limbs. I use them to lock the stall, flush the toilet, turn the water off, and open the restroom door so I can get out. Sucks for the next person who comes in who can't do the same. I'm sure whatever was on my feet is worse than what was on my ass.

krissy
05-23-2014, 05:57 AM
Enjoy your dysentery you beasts

And enjoy spreading it to your loved ones apparently

For a society with sinks everywhere we sure barely use them

I say this as someone who has spent time in hospital bathrooms
So it's real data

Also its just good for you regardless of the cleanliness of your nethers or your act
Cleans up accumulated bacteria from the last few hours

Sephex
05-23-2014, 06:14 AM
More like Flies on Final Fantasy.

Madame Adequate
05-23-2014, 06:33 AM
don't be silly krissy

red can't talk

blackmage_nuke
05-23-2014, 06:46 AM
Yes but washing my hands means running them under the tap then wiping them on my pants unless i've just done a number 2. THen I use soap

Fonzie
05-23-2014, 07:12 AM
How is that possible? Is your keyboard in your sink?

I set my hands on [b]fire[b/].

Fynn
05-23-2014, 07:45 AM
How can you not...? :erm:

Pike
05-23-2014, 10:32 AM
Good everyone in the thread a.) hates me and b.) is mad

Mission accomplished

:smug:

Miss Mae
05-23-2014, 04:32 PM
Yeah, every time. I am in such a habit of it that I generally wash my hands even if I'm about to step in the shower. Sometimes I am lazy and don't use soap though. :monster:

Jess
05-23-2014, 07:59 PM
If you are "washing" your hands with just water, it doesn't count.

You dirty germ spreaders! :colbert:

Miss Mae
05-24-2014, 03:00 AM
If you are "washing" your hands with just water, it doesn't count.

You dirty germ spreaders! :colbert:
I only avoid soap when I'm at home and didn't get pee on me or whatever. You'd have to pay me not to use soap or anti-bacterial stuff in a public bathroom.

Night Fury
05-24-2014, 04:02 AM
I make more of an effort in the public bathrooms, yes.

At home, my sink is in a separate room to my toilet, so I usually forget D: but, honestly... I use the bathroom about 3-4 times per day. The first is in the morning before I use the bathroom to wash my face and hands anyway, then when I'm at work where I will do it out of fear of judgement, then at night when I will be washing my face and hands for bed! I always wash them after a :poo: :poo: :poo:

Also, the amount of times I wash my hands when I'm in the kitchen is.... it's INSANE. Like 15 times while cooking!

Madonna
05-24-2014, 04:42 AM
People, pee on your hands if you are not going to wash with soap and water. You will be doing everyone a favor.

Parker
05-24-2014, 11:55 AM
Also, the amount of times I wash my hands when I'm in the kitchen is.... it's INSANE. Like 15 times while cooking!

yea im insane about this. after almost every ingredient i touch

Mirage
05-24-2014, 12:48 PM
I don't wash my hands while i'm in the kitchen at all, just before i start doing there. I just touch the stuff that won't get heat treatment first, and then the stuff that will last.

Bubba
05-24-2014, 03:28 PM
Ha, I love this forum.

A thread on our favourite consoles has about 20 replies. But when it comes to washing our hands that is some serious business!

I haven't washed my hands in eight years. Ever since I shook hands with Eric Cantona. Aren't they self-cleaning?

Shiny
05-24-2014, 08:11 PM
Okay, it grosses me out that people don't wash their hands when in the kitchen. I wash my hands about five times when I'm preparing food. People think improperly cooking food is what makes them sick all the time, but in actuality at times it could be the fact that you don't wash your hands and then eat with your dirty hands.

Alive-Cat
05-24-2014, 08:42 PM
I rarely wash my hands after using the bathroom but I wash my hands after eating anything like crisps. Actually after touching any food. Or stroking my dogs a lot. Or touching coins, because coins always smell so bad.