PDA

View Full Version : Squall.... Alternative character

Mons
05-22-2014, 07:02 PM
See when i look at the character Squall.
Then i think of this.

But then i see it, and its.
This.....

Not what i imagine :/. And I have to listen to some guy in a trenchcoat who fights me sometimes. Its cool that they got Rick Astley in this game.

But the gameplay is fun though.

Yellow_Magic
05-22-2014, 08:25 PM
Its cool that they got Rick Astley in this game.

LOL

You gotta remember being anti-social was Squall's whole shtick for most of the game - also, he clearly didn't like the company he was with at the time (especially Seifer "Chicken-Wuss" Almasy).

Vyk
05-22-2014, 09:05 PM
It doesn't help that they wait until like halfway through the game before they let you really start seeing his thoughts. Until then, even the voice in his head was saying "Whatever". It's pretty ridiculous. Makes it hard to relate or understand a character if they're just an emotionless mute. I won't go so far as to say they should have changed his character (even though I think they should have). But as a writer/creator myself, I can definitely say it could have been presented a lot better. Especially considering they had a mechanic in place where you could see/read his thoughts and what was going on inside his head. And they failed to utilize that to help the player see what was making this guy be the way he was. I don't think I would have hated Squall nearly as much if he wasn't just a robot douche-bag and I could see he had things going on inside, with reasons and emotions and just wasn't expressing it properly. But nope. Just "Whatever".

Mons
05-23-2014, 12:16 PM
The graphics in this game is cool. I like the atmosphere ^^

Rocket Edge
05-23-2014, 12:23 PM
I loved having Squall as a lead character and seeing his progression. I pretty much liked all of the mains of FF, apart from Lightning. She just annoyed me. Yes, I even liked Tidus. :shobon:

Mons
05-23-2014, 01:05 PM
Lightning is cooler than Squall. She is a savior in the newest game ^^
But FF8 is fun on its own accord.

metagloria
05-23-2014, 03:14 PM
Are you saying you want...

...a Squallternative?

Mons
05-23-2014, 04:44 PM
Yup :D

Alive-Cat
05-25-2014, 02:09 PM
I like it when he does the dots

McLovin'
05-29-2014, 06:54 AM
I like it when he does the dots

what's the story of ff8?

OR IS IT?

whatever.

Alive-Cat
06-04-2014, 07:15 PM
I always liked Squall, really. Second favourite lead character to Cloud Strife.

I like 'em damaged

Ayen
06-07-2014, 01:09 AM
Looks can be deceiving.

I like the direction they chose to take Squall in and it's what makes him stand out for me among the Final Fantasy protagonists. It makes sense for him to be the way he is considering all he's been through and it's great when he starts opening up.

Dat Matt
06-12-2014, 09:17 PM
When you consider the people he's paired up with. Zell and Selfie are far too peppy. No wonder he acts the way he does.

Doesn't explain why he acts that way around Quistis. She's a rocking teacher.

Christmas
06-16-2014, 04:40 PM
It might implies that he might be pretty quiet during sex. Maybe that is why Rinoa loves him. :bigsmile:

Lone Wolf Leonhart
06-18-2014, 03:05 AM
I think one of the reasons people get drawn towards a silent protagonist is because they can super impose what they think on him.