PDA

View Full Version : I can't edit my posts apparently?

Pike
05-22-2014, 07:36 PM
I went to edit a post I had made and I got a blank box that I could not type in. :eek:

Browser: Firefox 29.0
Style: Fifteen

(Could be one of my bazillion browser extensions, won't lie.)

Psychotic
05-22-2014, 07:38 PM
Yeah I get this, it happens right after I've made a quick reply. My solution is to leave the thread then re-open the page. Refreshing or hitting back don't seem to work.

Shorty
05-22-2014, 07:52 PM
This keeps happening to me as well. It's recent.

Vyk
05-22-2014, 09:35 PM
This happens to me all the time on Google Chrome, and has been for months. But it does not happen to me on Comodo Dragon, which is a Chrome clone. And they have the exact same extensions. Rantz was looking into it for me in an earlier thread, but I don't think anything came of it. So whenever I need to edit a post, I use Dragon for a brief period. Lame, but works

The Man
05-22-2014, 09:39 PM
This happens to me all the time. Double clicking edit usually fixes the problem by forcing it to load the edit page separately rather than as AJAX. It's annoying, but I can see why it hasn't been fixed. More annoying is that sometimes the background of the edit window changes from black (I'm using Faded Fantasy and the latest version of Chrome) to off-white, making the text almost completely illegible.

Del Murder
05-22-2014, 10:36 PM
That is strange. I can still edit your posts fine.

Vyk
05-23-2014, 03:00 AM
Double-clicking a link? It does the exact same for me. Once it fails to load, the Go Advanced button doesn't work either. But I believe it used to. But the box was still dead in the advanced view as well. Something about editing entirely that was broken for me. And it still is apparently as I am unable to edit my last post. Double-clicking just loaded the same dead box in place of my post and none of the links under it do anything

Edit: Yeah, right clicking and/or middle clicking and opening to a new tab effectively puts it in advanced edit mode for me. And the box is definitely dead there. However, if I right click and open the edit in a new window, it seems to work

Quindiana Jones
05-23-2014, 10:19 AM
It's a new initiative to keep you bastards honest.

Dat Matt
05-23-2014, 10:10 PM
Same thing happens to me. I'll edit basically everything I write shortly after posting due to bad formatting, spelling mistake or to remove a controversial opinion that is sure rile up people (aka FF7 is poop).

I just refresh the page, edit it and hope no one has seen my mistakes.

Vyk
05-24-2014, 08:59 PM
Failed to load resource: net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.jsThis browser is AJAX compatibleCreating array vBulletin.elements["vB_Lightbox_Container"]vBulletin.elements["vB_Lightbox_Container"][0] = posts, 1Firing System InitFire vB_XHTML_ReadyFetch Cookie :: vbulletin_collapse (null)Fetch Cookie :: vbulletin_multiquote (null)************* startProtect 2datetime: Sat May 24 2014 15:51:55 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)***************** AddSPShowAd clsPlugin.IsShowAD: 0***************** AddSPShowAd clsPlugin.IsShowADName: ************** IsShowAD Off************* startProtect 2datetime: Sat May 24 2014 15:51:55 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)***************** AddSPShowAd clsPlugin.IsShowAD: 0***************** AddSPShowAd clsPlugin.IsShowADName: ************** IsShowAD OffUncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/yui/2.9.0/build/yuiloader-dom-event/yuiloader-dom-event.js:11This is the stuff Rantz wanted to see when I was talking to him about it. Javascript errors displayed in the console

Shorty
05-30-2014, 07:45 PM
This is really and stupidly annoying :(

Rantz
06-04-2014, 10:15 AM
Does it still happen if you disable adblock?

Pike
06-04-2014, 10:31 AM
Does it still happen if you disable adblock?

I tried with a fresh install of Chrome with no addons to test if it was an addon thing and the problem still occurred.

Related: it appears to be mainly a Chrome thing; users of other browsers are not nearly as affected. No idea if that's relevant or coincidence or not.

Jiro
06-04-2014, 11:18 AM
Yeah, I don't even use adblock.

Miss Mae
06-04-2014, 11:34 AM
Yeah, happens for me as well. Chrome, no add-ons. A refresh usually fixes it.

Loony BoB
06-05-2014, 10:05 AM
AJAX vs. Chrome, who wins?